How ALL Business Phones SHOULD Be Answered!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
How ALL business phones SHOULD be answered!

GOOD MORNING,

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

I was a telephone operator and I can't tell you how many times somebody had to hand the phone to a kid to tell me what they wanted.

That was 25 years ago. I have to wonder, today, how many kids in these homes could do the translating now.

Pale Rider said:
How ALL business phones SHOULD be answered!

GOOD MORNING,

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Press "1" for English.

Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

I would prefer "Good Morning! How can I help you?"

nt250 said:
I was a telephone operator and I can't tell you how many times somebody had to hand the phone to a kid to tell me what they wanted.

That was 25 years ago. I have to wonder, today, how many kids in these homes could do the translating now.

I've had to do that working at a pizza place. Eventually, I just learned how to take orders in Spanish.

MtnBiker said:
I which language or how many?

Just in English, exactly as I wrote it. I already know I'm in the U.S., I don't need to be told I am by a recording. AND, if the only language available is English, then I don't need to choose "1" to get it. Let's skip the whole machine thing and have a real, live, English-speaking person answer the phone.

MissileMan said:
Just in English, exactly as I wrote it. I already know I'm in the U.S., I don't need to be told I am by a recording. AND, if the only language available is English, then I don't need to choose "1" to get it. Let's skip the whole machine thing and have a real, live, English-speaking person answer the phone.

I actually prefer automated systems now. Especially when I have to call about a credit card. Just give me the facts, don't try to sell me anything.

Although the last time I called to get my balance I had to sit through a 20 second commercial.

MissileMan said:

I can remember when that's what happened. Of course I can remember when you never had to get out of your car to buy gas either. You just told them how much, and while the gas was pumping, they checked your oil and cleaned you windshield. It's called "the personal touch", and I'm afraid it's gone forever.

Pale Rider said:
I can remember when that's what happened. Of course I can remember when you never had to get out of your car to buy gas either. You just told them how much, and while the gas was pumping, they checked your oil and cleaned you windshield. It's called "the personal touch", and I'm afraid it's gone forever.
Everyone started pinching pennies. The joys of capitalism... or something.

MissileMan said:
DAMN RIGHT!!!!

Pale Rider said:
What planet did you live on?

Just kidding, I remember that too, and 30 cents a gallon for gas.:shocked1:

MissileMan said:
I would prefer "Good Morning! How can I help you?"

I would prefer "Good morning/day/evening this is buffy, how may i help you"

and when you call others you respond "hello this is scooter may i speak to biff"

manu1959 said:
I would prefer "Good morning/day/evening this is buffy, how may i help you"

and when you call others you respond "hello this is scooter may i speak to biff"

Californians!....:laugh:

Mr. P said:
What planet did you live on?

Just kidding, I remember that too, and 30 cents a gallon for gas.:shocked1:

It was 33 cents a gallon when I started driving in 1975.

Forum List

Back