“How about every person who voted Leave be required to find a European & apologise to their face?”.

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
LIBBY PURVES It wasn’t the vote to Leave that shocked, it was the squawk of reaction by my own tribe

Lefties' carry-on is beyond parody
BY LIBBY PURVES, WRITER AND RADIO 4 PRESENTER

It has been a particularly grim couple of days for a soft-left newsaholic like me with a tenderness for the arts world.

To quote one performing artist’s tweet: “Ashamed. Terrified. Shocked. Horrified”.

Dramatists, novelists, comedians and songwriters are rarely celebrated for reflecting the concerns of the hidden millions rather than mocking. Once we had George Orwell and JB Priestley: now, it is almost comic to watch the affluent metropolitan left being cross with the zero-hours strugglers of Sunderland for disrespecting the instructions of a Tory PM and big business.

It wasn’t the vote to Leave that shocked, it was the squawk of reaction by my own tribe

LIBBY PURVES It wasn’t the vote to Leave that shocked, it was the squawk of reaction by my own tribe

It has been a particularly grim couple of days for a soft-left newsaholic like me with a tenderness for the arts world.

To quote one performing artist’s tweet: “Ashamed. Terrified. Shocked. Horrified”.

Dramatists, novelists, comedians and songwriters are rarely celebrated for reflecting the concerns of the hidden millions rather than mocking. Once we had George Orwell and JB Priestley: now, it is almost comic to watch the affluent metropolitan left being cross with the zero-hours strugglers of Sunderland for disrespecting the instructions of a Tory PM and big business.

It wasn’t the vote to Leave that shocked, it was the squawk of reaction by my own tribe

“How about every person who voted Leave be required to find a European & apologise to their face?”.

“How about every person who voted Leave be required to take a Muslim and deliver him to a whining European?”.

“How about every person who voted Leave be required to take a Muslim and deliver him to a whining European?”.
How many Muslim and dark skinned Brits come from British colonies?

How many?

How many?
Think.

How many?
Think.

Feel.

Forum List

Back