How about another stimulus check to fix the problems Biden created?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Yes, that's what I said, another stimulus check.

It seems to me that the problem started when Dementia and the Democrats decided to pay people to stay home. Many were making more money not working than working. The government goodies stopped a month ago, and our people getting jobs didn't reflect a huge difference this month. It seems that people can stay at home without federal money, either that or they made so much they are dragging ass to go back to work.

In any case, is this all the fault of government? I think it many instances these service sector jobs normally worked by younger people are still living at home, or they moved back home sometime during the pandemic. In our state, they calculated that with the state and fed unemployment, it was equal to a working person making 57K a year. Think about it. Equal to 57K a year living in moms basement. That can last you an awful long time even after the flow of money stops.

We don't know the exact causes, but what we do know is people are not going back to work. While I hate the idea of government handing out money to people who could otherwise work, what if we had a stimulus payment to people who get jobs and hold them for at least three months? At the end of the three months, you get a stimulus payment of oh, I don't know, let's say $1,500. Would that be enough to inspire younger people to take these jobs once again?

Yes, damn that Democrat Donald Trump who what did pay people to stay at home..I am sure you enjoyed the rental moratorium where da government, Donald Trump paid people to live for free also, what a democrat!

Trump signed a DEMOCRAT BILL that did include stimulus payments, however that was at a time when jobs were shutting down coast to coast. After the vaccines became available, jobs eventually opened back up.

There was no reason to pay people fed money when there were jobs everywhere. But the Democrats and Biden passed the bill and look at the result! Supply chain disrupted, industry doing anything they can to attract workers, container ships stranded out in the ocean because of nobody to unload them and nobody to haul those containers out of the container ports. The problem is nationwide.

If paying people not to work caused these problems, then maybe doing the opposite is how to correct it.

Yes, damn that Democrat Donald Trump who what did pay people to stay at home..I am sure you enjoyed the rental moratorium where da government, Donald Trump paid people to live for free also, what a democrat!
Like I said in another thread, the leftie loon democrats (Moonie) have got to deflect away from all the
Brandon failures. And, right on queue, this is priceless. :laughing0301:

It was the House and Senate, both democrat controlled

It seems to me that the problem started when Dementia and the Democrats decided to pay people to stay home. Many were making more money not working than working. The government goodies stopped a month ago, and our people getting jobs didn't reflect a huge difference this month. It seems that people can stay at home without federal money, either that or they made so much they are dragging ass to go back to work.
I see you ran away from the ass kicking I gave you in the jobs report thread, only to bring up this proven LIE again!

Did it ever occur to you that rather than "paying people to stay home" Biden was paying poor people to spend money to keep businesses afloat thus keeping people working, and when the pandemic assistance stopped demand declined and thus hiring declined????
Or is it all you can do to just mindlessly parrot GQP hate media talking points???

Trump signed a DEMOCRAT BILL that did include stimulus payments, however that was at a time when jobs were shutting down coast to coast. After the vaccines became available, jobs eventually opened back up.

There was no reason to pay people fed money when there were jobs everywhere. But the Democrats and Biden passed the bill
So typical, when Tramp does it it is better than good, but if a Democrat does it it is worse than bad! :cuckoo:

Yes, that's what I said, another stimulus check.

In any case, is this all the fault of government? I think it many instances these service sector jobs normally worked by younger people are still living at home, or they moved back home sometime during the pandemic. In our state, they calculated that with the state and fed unemployment, it was equal to a working person making 57K a year. Think about it. Equal to 57K a year living in moms basement. That can last you an awful long time even after the flow of money stops.

We don't know the exact causes, but what we do know is people are not going back to work. While I hate the idea of government handing out money to people who could otherwise work, what if we had a stimulus payment to people who get jobs and hold them for at least three months? At the end of the three months, you get a stimulus payment of oh, I don't know, let's say $1,500. Would that be enough to inspire younger people to take these jobs once again?
In other words you don't have a job & you're angling for $1500 from da gubmint.

I see you ran away from the ass kicking I gave you in the jobs report thread, only to bring up this proven LIE again!

Did it ever occur to you that rather than "paying people to stay home" Biden was paying poor people to spend money to keep businesses afloat thus keeping people working, and when the pandemic assistance stopped demand declined and thus hiring declined????
Or is it all you can do to just mindlessly parrot GQP hate media talking points???
Or, it was Brandon and his failed policies. Got to go with what makes sense, and Brandon's failed policies make the most sense.

So typical, when Tramp does it it is better than good, but if a Democrat does it it is worse than bad!

No, a stimulus or extended unemployment is helpful when there are no jobs. A terrible idea when there are millions of them. See if you can figure that one out.

Just a thought. I'm retired so it's not really my problem, but I see it as a problem for the country which is pretty obvious at this point. That's what failed leadership gets us.
Failed leadership got us a LOSS of over 2 million jobs including a LOSS of 200,000 manufacturing jobs and an average GDP of 1.6% over 4 years!

No, a stimulus or extended unemployment is helpful when there are no jobs. A terrible idea when there are millions of them. See if you can figure that one out.
Obviously you can't think for yourself, only regurgitate GQP talking points.

Explain to me how demand declined and we have a huge labor shortage. That makes no sense whatsoever. And what lie to you speak of? How do you keep businesses afloat when commie cities closed them down, some permanent?

So why did they do it? They did it to decrease the labor market. The less Americans willing to work, the more support it will give them when they claim we need all these illegals here. You know, we need foreigners to do these jobs Americans won't do????

Millions of jobs around, Americans won't work them. How do we solve the problem? By doing the exact opposite of what caused the problem

Forum List

Back