How about a little honesty about George Floyd?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Instead of trying to canonize Mr. Floyd in the 18 funerals they have had for the man, how about being honest? George Floyd is the perfect example for what young Black men DO NOT want to be. This could be a teaching moment for a Black culture desperately in need of a return to traditional family values. He abandoned his family when his children were toddlers. At least two generations of Black youth have been raised for the most part by their Mothers and Grandmothers. The ONE interview I have seen with Floyd's kids was sad. The daughter said "He left us when we were knee high". His son said "I couldn't even cry I really don't know him". That was very reminiscent of a line from Tupac's song 'Dear Mama'. The message to Black youth about George Floyd should be "Don't follow this man's path, it does not end well".

'Dear Mama' -Tupac
You are appreciated
When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school, and scared to go home, I was a fool
With the big boys, breaking all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminisce on the stress I caused, it was hell
Hugging on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Hey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And running from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whooping to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
For a woman it ain't easy trying to raise a man
(I know it ain't easy)
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated
Dear mama
Don't you know I love you?
Dear mama
Place no one above you
(Dear mama) Oh mama, I appreciate you
Although my shadow's gone
I will never leave you
Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
Wouldn't let me feel for a stranger

They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was looking for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hanging
I needed money of my own so I started slanging
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good putting money in your mailbox
I love paying rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
'Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you coming home after work late
You're in the kitchen trying to fix us a hot plate
Ya just working with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgiving
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're trying to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

". . . [3] Police dislike defiance. Jonathan Rubinstein (1973), a sociologist who joined the Philadelphia police in order to study their everyday life (similar to Peter Moskos in the Baltimore PD 30 years later), found that their number-one priority is to be the person in control in all encounters with civilians. For the most part, a cop is out there alone, or with a single partner; they are almost always outnumbered by civilians. Particularly in areas where they know they are unpopular, they feel it is imperative to not let things get out of control. They want to be the one who starts and ends the encounter, who sets the speaking turns (micro-sociology of conversation), who sets the rhythm of the interaction. Acts of defiance, whether micro-actions on the level of voice and gesture, or more blatant words and body movements, will cause a cop to increase their own aggressiveness in order to maintain dominance (Alpert and Dunham 2004). This a reason why trivial encounters with the police can escalate to violence far beyond what seems called for by the original issue.

[3a] Inner-city black code of the street emphasizes defiance. Elijah Anderson’s ethnography of black street life (1999; also Krupnick and Winship 2015) point out that in dangerous areas, where the police are distrusted, most people adopt a stance of being hyper-vigilant about threats and disrespect, and portray themselves as ready to use violence. Anderson says this is mostly a Goffmanian frontstage, a pretence at being tough designed to avoid being victimized. When dealing with the police, this leads to another vicious circle. Black people, particularly on their home turf, are more defiant of police than are whites; often this is no more than a confrontational way of talking, but these are micro-interactions that arouse police aggressiveness. Anderson notes that one reason people in the ghetto are wary of calling police is that they themselves may end up being arrested, because of the tone of these micro-interactions. Donald Black (1980), who pioneered observer ride-alongs in police cars, found that police arrested black suspects more than whites, but this happened when black people were defiant, which was more often than whites. Martín Sánchez-Jankowski (1991) in his gang ethnographies (including black, hispanic, and white) describes the culture of gang members as “defiant individualism.” The pervasiveness of the street code in black lower-class areas, even among the majority who are not sympathetic with a gang life-style, hardens mutual hostility between citizens and police.. . . "

:laughing0301:

GlAVxjmFaNBpRnJHAAV9iTjIiTSOrMfYIS_hRDS_QFS_FBf34EKP9A2Cs7eOSDmu-O9T3_CVyaH5Hnx3wY4SO7xf3WvugXGYH7K9L_HhaS1z_uIHbmeo7rz7jF4

Instead of trying to canonize Mr. Floyd in the 18 funerals they have had for the man, how about being honest? George Floyd is the perfect example for what young Black men DO NOT want to be. This could be a teaching moment for a Black culture desperately in need of a return to traditional family values. He abandoned his family when his children were toddlers. At least two generations of Black youth have been raised for the most part by their Mothers and Grandmothers. The ONE interview I have seen with Floyd's kids was sad. The daughter said "He left us when we were knee high". His son said "I couldn't even cry I really don't know him". That was very reminiscent of a line from Tupac's song 'Dear Mama'. The message to Black youth about George Floyd should be "Don't follow this man's path, it does not end well".

'Dear Mama' -Tupac
You are appreciated
When I was young me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school, and scared to go home, I was a fool
With the big boys, breaking all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister
Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddy's, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame mama
I reminisce on the stress I caused, it was hell
Hugging on my mama from a jail cell
And who'd think in elementary?
Hey! I see the penitentiary, one day
And running from the police, that's right
Mama catch me, put a whooping to my backside
And even as a crack fiend, mama
You always was a black queen, mama
I finally understand
For a woman it ain't easy trying to raise a man
(I know it ain't easy)
You always was committed
A poor single mother on welfare, tell me how ya did it
There's no way I can pay you back
But the plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated
Dear mama
Don't you know I love you?
Dear mama
Place no one above you
(Dear mama) Oh mama, I appreciate you
Although my shadow's gone
I will never leave you
Now ain't nobody tell us it was fair
No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there
He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my anger
Wouldn't let me feel for a stranger

They say I'm wrong and I'm heartless, but all along
I was looking for a father he was gone
I hung around with the Thugs, and even though they sold drugs
They showed a young brother love
I moved out and started really hanging
I needed money of my own so I started slanging
I ain't guilty cause, even though I sell rocks
It feels good putting money in your mailbox
I love paying rent when the rent's due
I hope ya got the diamond necklace that I sent to you
'Cause when I was low you was there for me
And never left me alone because you cared for me
And I could see you coming home after work late
You're in the kitchen trying to fix us a hot plate
Ya just working with the scraps you was given
And mama made miracles every Thanksgiving
But now the road got rough, you're alone
You're trying to raise two bad kids on your own
And there's no way I can pay you back
But my plan is to show you that I understand
You are appreciated

Honesty, huh? No government agency or power or political running platform can change overnight or even in a matter of a few years the belief ingrained into some black folk that they are perpetual victims forever unable to improve their collective fate or individual lives. Some black folk are perpetually bent at the knees under the monolithic weight of the giant chip they've been carrying around on their shoulders for well over a century and them some. Why do some black folk habitually create generations of children who never knew their fathers? Why do some generations of black folk sell lethal drugs to young people in their own neighborhoods? Why do millions of black folk rely on smoking weed to "get by" when they can't afford basic living expenses?

They have been conditioned to do these things, believe these things are good by radical leftist race war and identity politics narratives composed and distributed by the democratic party. Many black Americans are suffering from a pathological mental illness in the form of nearly lethal apathy inflicted by democratic party running platforms, laws, government programs and incitement to violence. To be absolutely frank: many black folks need to un-fuck themselves because they've been fucked up for decades and decades at the most basic level of existence by deceptive and outright murderous ideological brainwashing. The sad truth is that only black folk have the power to free themselves from the cult of race worshippers the democratic party has become. That's so sad because the mental and emotional conditioning inflicted over years and years by the democratic party will never allow them to be free because that poison infests every aspect of modern black life from music to movies to sports, from clothing ads to food commercials, Hollywood propaganda, to fucking what sneakers they must buy to be cool cats.

Look, I used to donate my time to the Big Brother Program of yesteryear. I also taught self-defense to inner-city youth when I lived near Mexicantown in Detroit. So many of the young black kids I interacted with were amazing individuals when you took them off the streets for a few hours but put them back out there and right away that chip on their shoulders started weighing them down again. Of course, it wasn't their fault. All kids are innocent. But many of them had been shown by their elders all their lives that joining a gang or robbing or stealing or selling drugs on the corner was "the way of the black samurai" or something like that. That doing those kinds of destructive activities was a giant middle finger to the people who had oppressed their race since time immemorial. There's just no damn way a young mind can fight back against hereditary, social and political—and cultural influence and pressure like that.

Honesty is one thing, a good thing. Change? Solutions? No one who cares or has the sweeping all encompassing power is out there trying to un-fuck decades of poisoned minds. Rather, the powers that be are cooking up even more potent poisons.

Forum List

Back