How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Starting with

Michael Vicks' dogs - Where are they now?

I'll never forget reading that he took enjoyment in swinging his dogs around by their legs and slamming their heads against walls. He also liked electrocuting them in the most crude and cruel ways.

Vick has paid for his crimes by making enormous money playing a child's game.

Here's where his dogs ended up. More photos at the link.

These Were Michael Vick's Fighting Dogs-- But See Where They Are Now.

SIStubbyDogPhotoShoot.jpg

SIIMG0041.jpg

The opposite of Michael Vick, here's how a real man treats dogs -

Remember this?

U.S. Olympian Gus Kenworthy Steps In To Save Sochi Strays - BarkPost

GusKenworthySochiStrays.jpg

Here's "pupdates" ... more at the links.

http://thebarkpost.com/pupdate-barkboxes-for-sochi-strays-adopted-by-olympians/

Screen-Shot-2014-02-19-at-1.22.17-PM-650x405.png

http://thebarkpost.com/pupdate-olympians-and-airlines-rally-for-sochi-strays/

Word spread around town this week that Aeroflot had offered to fly Sochi strays to the U.S. for free, but a spokesman said the Russian airline was still working out logistical challenges. A decision would be made Wednesday on whether the airline could accommodate the dogs—so far 10 and counting—that people have inquired about flying to the U.S., the spokesman said.

We ruv that the issue of adoption is getting international attention and will keep you pupdated on the latest developments! We are still trying to get these big-hearted Olympians their lifetime supply of BarkBoxes, so please help spread the word! For now, watch Gus Kenworthy introduce the new members of his pack and address the issues of shelter pups in Sochi and at home:

"How about a Dog Lover's Thread?"

Something I read about ten years ago suggested if a woman wants a hubby, to look for a man who loves dogs, over cats. The reason was, men who preferred dogs, would be more loyal and affectionate with a deeper capacity for loving women, than those who favored cats . :eusa_think:

Men who preferred cats over dogs were demonstrably less affectionate with women, if they indeed, liked relationships with women at all

I never forgot that and started noticing men with one or the other great little 4-paws, and came to the conclusion that the article had been accurate, as it pertained to the men I came to know.

The men who liked neither breed, as a pet, weren't good partner material at all.

Maybe things have changed and men are more comfortable having cats, they can't control, while still capable of deeply loving women. :dunno:

Love the thread Luddly. I made a thread to match Mertex's cat lover thread but it didn't really take off. I just figured most here were cat people. I hope yours takes off! This is totally cute. :)

Forum List

Back