House Releases 4 Trillion Budget, turning Medicare into Voucher System

SS/Medicare isnt a ponzi scheme ...

Then you have no clue as to what defines a Ponzi scheme.

How does the description below NOT describe SS/Medicare perfectly? They both are dependent on new "investors" coming into the systems to pay for the current beneficiaries since there is nothing in the till from those receiving benefits.

A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒn.zi/; also a Ponzi game)[1] is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator generates returns for older investors through revenue paid by new investors, rather than from legitimate business activities.

From Wiki

Last edited:
dont insist I make you look like the dumbass you really are ..

Hasn't happened yet, likely never will.

President Bush proposed that citizens be allowed to place FIFTEEN PERCENT of their entire contribution to Social Security be invested in approved, private securities. All that money would not be available to pay current recipients and why it failed.

dont insist I make you look like the dumbass you really are ..

Hasn't happened yet, likely never will.

President Bush proposed that citizens be allowed to place FIFTEEN PERCENT of their entire contribution to Social Security be invested in approved, private securities. All that money would not be available to pay current recipients and why it failed.

I posted the link of exactly what happened .. youre fucked.

GFYS

Just another lie from the fake news left.

Well I wondered about that since I'd never heard of the site and idn'td
Straight out of the gate, your link lies. They imply the GOP plan forces everyone in Medicare into a voucher system.

Man, that's 125 pages and I had never heard of my link before it popped up on one of my friends fb page. I couldn't find it anywhere else. Just like anything else though that 125 pages will change.

In order to preserve the program and retain limited resources for the neediest populations, Building a Better America begins with the reforms included in the “American Health Care Act.” The AHCA institutes a per capita cap system that puts Medicaid on a budget for the first time since its inception, converting it from an open-ended entitlement program to a manageable safety net. The per capita design protects resources for those in need by designating funds based on population category: children and pregnant women, the blind and disabled, the elderly, and able-bodied adults. This ensures that states and the federal government can provide care based on a per-person payment structure, which accounts for the variation in spending amongst the different categories of patients. As such, a per capita cap targets funds to the most vulnerable. Its purpose is to catch those Americans who fall, without trapping those who can climb out of poverty.

The “American Health Care Act” also promotes state flexibility. For example, states could opt for a block grant, rather than the per capita allotment. This would promote innovation on the state level, and encourage states to root out waste, fraud, and abuse. AHCA also enables each state to set the benefits it believes are essential for its unique population; this would better narrow the scope of funding to meet the needs of individuals.

Building a Better America includes the AHCA reforms to put Medicaid on a budget, and calls for the following additional reforms to make it work for patients:

Apply Work Requirements to Medicaid. The budget proposes to advance a work requirement for certain adults enrolled in Medicaid who are able to work. This proposal suggests that an able-bodied, working-age, non-pregnant adult without dependents could qualify for Medicaid only if he or she were actively seeking employment or participating in an education, training, or community service program. These requirements would help target resources toward the most vulnerable populations, while at the same time making Medicaid available for those on the precipice of poverty who are transitioning into economic stability.

• Enhance State Flexibility. The budget promotes state flexibility through the AHCA block grant option, in addition to further legislative options beyond structural reform. The budget encourages states to institute changes to improve program management. For example, states could set reasonable cost-sharing standards for able-bodied adults, address inappropriate use of emergency facilities, or strengthen eligibility processing to reduce wait times.

• Improve Reporting to Reduce Risk. The Government Accountability Office has listed Medicaid as high-risk since 2003. The budget proposes to follow GAO’s recommendations for reducing improper payments, growing expenditures, and poor access to quality care. The most significant aspect of this effort is the enhancement of reporting by states on annual Medicaid data, along with greater coordination between the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and state auditors.

Wait a minute the above is the healthcare act that the senate killed when congress sent it to them.

I read the Medicare part of the budget. All the dollar amounts are left blank! So I read the policy statement.

As usual, they took the coward's way out.

They identified the problem:

the number of workers supporting each beneficiary continues to fall; in 1965, the ratio was 4.5 workers per beneficiary, and by 2030, the ratio will be only 2.4 workers per beneficiary;

Something I have pointed out for years.

However, they did not do the SCREAMINGLY OBVIOUS thing, which is raise the eligibility age.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors, we should be WORKING longer.

Common fricking sense.

Spineless cowards. Every one of them.

The problem is that once you reach a certain age you are considered unemployable except for minimum wage or close to minimum wage work. What we need to do is convince the private sector that older workers can do the job. It might require some kind of cost sharing between Medicare and private employers.

Just another lie from the fake news left.

Paul Ryan is fake news?

Paul Ryan is a lying GOP establishment RINO I don't believe one word out of his lying mouth.

Agree....Nancy Pelosi should take over as Speaker
At least she knows how to get things done

Nancy Pelosi...I don't even have mock your post its self mocking :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Pelosi actually passed legislation

Why can't Ryan?

Forum List

Back