House passes short-term funding bill to avert government shutdown

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Dems own the Repubs....again

The House on Wednesday passed a short-term funding bill to avert a government shutdown, kicking Friday’s funding deadline to next week to allow lawmakers more time to strike a deal on spending for the remainder of fiscal 2023.
The continuing resolution passed in a 224-201 vote. It now heads to the Senate, where it must pass and be sent to President Biden’s desk before midnight on Friday to avoid a shutdown.
The measure will keep the government funded at current levels until Dec. 23.
Nine Republicans voted with Democrats in supporting the measure after GOP leadership urged rank-and-file members to oppose the legislation shortly after its release the day prior: Reps. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Chris Jacobs (N.Y.), Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio), John Katko (N.Y.), Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.), Fred Upton (Mich.), Steve Womack (Ark.) and Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.).
In a notice sent out by House Minority Whip Steve Scalise’s (R-La.) office on Tuesday evening, leadership recommended Republicans to vote “no” on the bill, calling it an “attempt to buy additional time for a massive lame-duck spending bill in which House Republicans have had no seat at the negotiating table.”

The GOP faces internal divisions over how to move forward on funding the government.

Let the shutdown come! I think the Dems may realize too late that too many Americans are already suffering from their spending excesses and won't be as easily panicked about national parks closing for awhile. Burn it down, baby!

Let the shutdown come! I think the Dems may realize too late that too many Americans are already suffering from their spending excesses and won't be as easily panicked about national parks closing for awhile. Burn it down, baby!
You, I think, missed the point..there will be no shutdown...a bill will be passed this session, before the Republican majority seats.
You're desire to make the average American suffer is noted though~

Forum List

Back