House Passes Most Important Legislation Since 1965 Civil Rights Act

"educated voting"?
Yes
What's that?
It's people actually giving some thought to their vote.
How is it achieved, monitored, and made transparent to the public?
I don't really think it should be "monitored" or "made transparent". But we can promote it. For one, we could stop pretending it's some kind of civic duty to vote. Instead of all the brain-dead campaigns insisting that everyone should vote, how about encouraging people to educate themselves before they pollute the election process with more ignorance.
Is anything short of that then truly the opposite (i.e. "just any voting")?
Truly the opposite of what? Not sure what you mean here.
Where are people "pushing so hard for every idiot in the world to vote"?
I see it every single election. Public pleas for everyone to vote. We treat democracy like a religion. It's idiotic.
Perhaps if you stopped preloading your responses with your own biases?
What?

Last edited:
"educated voting"?
Yes
What's that?
It's people actually giving some thought to their vote.
So by "educated" you really mean "thoughtful about." Ridiculous.
How is it achieved, monitored, and made transparent to the public?
I don't really think it should be "monitored" or "made transparent". But we can promote it. For one, we could stop pretending it's some kind of civic duty to vote. Instead of all the brain-dead campaigns insisting that everyone should vote, how about encouraging people to educate themselves before they pollute the election process with more ignorance.
You mean more "people actually giving some thought to their vote." as opposed to performing "some kind of civic duty" or something. Marvelous.
I see it every single election. Public pleas for everyone to vote. We treat democracy like a religion. It's idiotic.
Spoken like one addressing the "Moral Majority" decades ago:
thanks to a conservative advocacy group founded by Weyrich, the GOP’s effort to disrupt voting rights has been more widespread and effective than ever. In a systematic campaign orchestrated by the American Legislative Exchange Council – and funded in part by David and Charles Koch, the billionaire brothers who bankrolled the Tea Party – 38 states introduced legislation this year designed to impede voters at every step of the electoral process.
I hope you sleep occasionally and that they pay you well in exchange for your soul. At least you have an excuse.

There is no Constitutional violation here. Moreover, there is no way that this bill can be construed as "the outlawing of dissenting speech." It doesn't involve speech. It also cannot be construed as being an attack on civil rights or liberty. This legislation does not restrain any right of any individual person, but rather protects the individual's right to vote.

You Nazis totally hate freedom of speech. But despite your hatred, it actually IS protected by the 1st amendment. Outlawing dissenting speech does indeed violate the Constitution. This attack on civil rights includes outright prohibition of speech that offends the Reich,

Trump doesn't like it therefore it's wrong and I hate it.

Did you see what President Trump said at CPAC?

He called out H.R. 1, the Democrats’ bill to DESTROY election integrity.

#

Here are just a few of the RADICAL proposals in H.R. 1:

• RESTRICT political speech protected under the First Amendment
  • Turn the Federal Election Commission into a partisan political weapon
  • ELIMINATE Voter ID requirements nationwide
  • Require states to give ballots to felons
  • Automatically register EVERY welfare recipient to vote
  • Put unelected career bureaucrats in charge of drawing election districts
President Trump is RIGHT. This bill would be a complete disaster for election integrity.
Donald Trump doesn't know a motherfucking thing about the constitution. He is wrong here and so are you.

It seems pretty obvious that the people opposing this bill do not want people to vote. They should move to China where the system is more in tune with their wishes.
Your idiocy is on full display. It is fools like you who should retire to China since H-1 is designed to
give America over to one party rule, just like China. But you only "know" what The Guardian wants you to know and repeat like a squawking bird.

We forgive you since you know not what you do.
There is no Constitutional violation here. Moreover, there is no way that this bill can be construed as "the outlawing of dissenting speech." It doesn't involve speech. It also cannot be construed as being an attack on civil rights or liberty. This legislation does not restrain any right of any individual person, but rather protects the individual's right to vote.
Whether that person is eligible to vote or not.
It seems pretty obvious that the people opposing this bill do not want people to vote. They should move to China where the system is more in tune with their wishes.
Your idiocy is on full display. It is fools like you who should retire to China since H-1 is designed to
give America over to one party rule, just like China. But you only "know" what The Guardian wants you to know and repeat like a squawking bird.

We forgive you since you know not what you do.

H-1's provisions are meant to prevent deliberate attempts at voter suppression, which is a different issue than voter fraud.

Explain how H-1 is designed to give America over to one-party rule. Given our basically two-party system, there is no way of telling which party's candidate has been selected by the majority of voters for the particular public office at issue until the election is over and the votes counted.

Do tell us when and where eligibility to vote has ever been a serious problem requiring immediate legislative attention. Produce evidence of a widespread problem, not just anecdotal evidence of a handful of of individual cases.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
On Wednesday, House Democrats voted 220-210 to pass H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” which is the most important set of voting and election reforms since the historic Voting Rights Act was adopted in 1965. These reforms, which House Democrats previously passed in 2019, face a challenging path to in the Senate given Democrats’ narrow majority and uncertainty over whether they can overcome a GOP filibuster, but their adoption is critical for preserving American democracy amid unprecedented attack by Republican extremists both in and outside Congress

All Republicans should vote for it, because we all know how important free and fair elections are to them.
It's meant to give Pelosi control over how, when, where, and what voters and ballots can be used---its basically pelosi trying to seize controll of the voting system from the states. Easier for her to corrupt.

Donald Trump doesn't know a motherfucking thing about the constitution. He is wrong here and so are you.

How would you know?

You've never read the Bill of Right, much less the entire Constitution. You're just an ignorant, racist slug. You know you hate whites and that you hate America. Beyond that, you don't know a motherfucking thing.

There is nothing unconstitutional about this bill.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You fucking retard.

Means of identifying one's self for the purposes of voting are routinely accepted in every developed nation
but America, thanks to the left who dishonestly conflate voter i.d.s with racism, and other disingenuous claims
they love to make.

So one of their favorite false claims, America is looked down on by other nations, is ignored when democrats
refuse to acknowledge how ubiquitous voter identification is in most of the rest of the world.

As always, liars to the end.

Lying about lying. What will they think of next.

• Thanks
"For the people" How utterly Orwellian.

Anybody with even average intelligence should be able to figure out that this bill is about one thing and one thing only -- a strategy for getting Democrats elected.

H-1's provisions are meant to prevent deliberate attempts at voter suppression, which is a different issue than voter fraud.

HR1's provisions are meant to prevent speech that opposes the Reich. It is meant to silence opposition voices. It outlaws political speech by the peasants while leaving the Oligarchy such as Jeff Bezos free to speak through the Baghdad Bob's of the Reich Press.

Explain how H-1 is designed to give America over to one-party rule. Given our basically two-party system, there is no way of telling which party's candidate has been selected by the majority of voters for the particular public office at issue until the election is over and the votes counted.

Do tell us when and where eligibility to vote has ever been a serious problem requiring immediate legislative attention. Produce evidence of a widespread problem, not just anecdotal evidence of a handful of of individual cases.

HR1 is designed to normalize the massive voter fraud we saw with this theft of an election in 2020 - making the irregularities that perverted this election permanent,

Same day registration
Prohibiting voter ID
Unrequested ballots sent to unverified voters
Violating the Constitution by federalizing elections

This is an assault on our Republic by the Nazi Reich.

Fuck HR1
Fuck the democrat scum
Fuck ALL Nazi scum - fuck the democrats in other words

democrats - the Nazis - are enemies of America, enemies of liberty, enemies of life.

How would you know?

You've never read the Bill of Right, much less the entire Constitution. You're just an ignorant, racist slug. You know you hate whites and that you hate America. Beyond that, you don't know a motherfucking thing.

I've read the entire Constitution and I find your views tell me that you aren't correct and haven't read the same document you keep saying that everything someone says is unconstitutional that disagrees with your own personal opinions.

• Thanks
"For the people" How utterly Orwellian.

Anybody with even average intelligence should be able to figure out that this bill is about one thing and one thing only -- a strategy for getting Democrats elected.

I read the bill. It's about a lot of things. If you mean taking things like gerrymandering and graft out of politics means that Republicans can't get elected then you would be correct. I am not supporting the Democrats that are trying to do the same thing but using other methods. Both are equally dangerous. But if the Republicans want what;'s right, they will trim the bill rather than discount the whole thing. The problem is, the Reps like it like it is no matter how destructive it is. Rather than change the "Party" for the good of the people, they changed the systems for the power of the party.

• Thanks

How would you know?

Actually I have and unlike you, I know what it says, not what I want it to say.

Trump is wrong and there is nothing unconstitutional about this bill. Disliking racists is not disliking whites. Unless you're telling me everybody white is a racist..

On Wednesday, House Democrats voted 220-210 to pass H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” which is the most important set of voting and election reforms since the historic Voting Rights Act was adopted in 1965. These reforms, which House Democrats previously passed in 2019, face a challenging path to in the Senate given Democrats’ narrow majority and uncertainty over whether they can overcome a GOP filibuster, but their adoption is critical for preserving American democracy amid unprecedented attack by Republican extremists both in and outside Congress

All Republicans should vote for it, because we all know how important free and fair elections are to them.
It's meant to give Pelosi control over how, when, where, and what voters and ballots can be used---its basically pelosi trying to seize controll of the voting system from the states. Easier for her to corrupt.
No it's not. Idiot.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You fucking retard.
This bill does not violate the first Amendment.

Amendment I

You fucking retard.

And??? This bill does not involve any activity listed in this amendment. It does not mention or involve any particular political party or any particular voter, but rather sets standards for voting procedures that apply to all. You do realize that each ballot given to a voter lists the names of all candidates and the voter puts a mark beside the names of those whom s/he wishes to vote for, don't you? It's up to the political parties to run candidates who will be popular with voters.

There is no reason to swear at anyone who merely asserts that this legislation is not unconstitutional.

I've read the entire Constitution and I find your views tell me that you aren't correct and haven't read the same document you keep saying that everything someone says is unconstitutional that disagrees with your own personal opinions.

Ah, you've read it but didn't grasp that the 1st Amendment is actually an important part of it - you thought the 1st Amendment was my personal opinion....

The ignorance of Nazis is only exceeded by the hostility you have for our Republic and the Constitution it is based upon.

I read the bill. It's about a lot of things. If you mean taking things like gerrymandering and graft out of politics means that Republicans can't get elected then you would be correct. I am not supporting the Democrats that are trying to do the same thing but using other methods. Both are equally dangerous. But if the Republicans want what;'s right, they will trim the bill rather than discount the whole thing. The problem is, the Reps like it like it is no matter how destructive it is. Rather than change the "Party" for the good of the people, they changed the systems for the power of the party.

Fucking liar.

Text - H.R.1 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): For the People Act of 2021 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

just about 1800 pages of gobbledygook

No one has read that bill. We all deal with sections.

Forum List

Back