House Passes Most Important Legislation Since 1965 Civil Rights Act

On Wednesday, House Democrats voted 220-210 to pass H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” which is the most important set of voting and election reforms since the historic Voting Rights Act was adopted in 1965. These reforms, which House Democrats previously passed in 2019, face a challenging path to in the Senate given Democrats’ narrow majority and uncertainty over whether they can overcome a GOP filibuster, but their adoption is critical for preserving American democracy amid unprecedented attack by Republican extremists both in and outside Congress

All Republicans should vote for it, because we all know how important free and fair elections are to them.
Yea they want to legalize stealing elections.

Section 10 of the bill, allowing minors to register to vote.

States may not refuse a voter registration from anyone who is 16 or over. It says that states are not forced into allowing someone under 18 to vote.

Here's where I see that going. Liberal states will allow 16 year olds the ability to vote, and in those families, I can see a lot of dad saying "you're under my roof, your going to vote for who i tell you to vote for"

States may not refuse a voter registration from anyone who is 16 or over. It says that states are not forced into allowing someone under 18 to vote.

Here's where I see that going. Liberal states will allow 16 year olds the ability to vote, and in those families, I can see a lot of dad saying "you're under my roof, your going to vote for who i tell you to vote for"
Dads? In Detroit?

That doesn’t require dad’s authority (not likely a dad around anyway) because young people are still ignorant enough to vote for demmunists.

VDGokQ_45icR9Wt-ZKDmK08qj03MIETEin_jVP3RViH8q027ZUIpcZeJiDXR5yT7l4CnohljPopSOvJMqRe7LTpiGZp4wK5RqfEAIoGM6aRuJNg4nxvbz_eu9SSBweCzxcyW7ZAbVwXMDrTwLoJMBCN4zsz7Jw=s0-d-e1-ft

bringing us one step closer to getting big money OUT of our politics and voters IN!

But we're not done yet. H.R. 1 is now on its way to the Senate for a vote.

Call your Senators at (202) 224-3121 or (202) 224-3091 (TTY) and urge them to pass the For The People Act.

The For the People Act is a once-in-a-generation package of proven reforms that would:
  • Put ordinary Americans ahead of Big Money donors;
  • Call for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United;
  • Expand and protect voting rights and access to the ballot;
  • End gerrymandering so that electoral districts are fairly drawn; and
  • Combat corruption by holding elected officials to the highest ethical standards.
The American people are tired of a government that prioritizes big money over the needs of the voters. We demand a democracy that works for all of us.
:yes_text12:

The problem isn't who is allowed to vote. The problem is what they are allowed to vote for.

The scariest thing about this bill is that it might tempt Dems to enlist the nuclear option.

Its a terrible bill and it unconstitutional. Won't get past the Senate.
What makes it unconstitutional?

Aye, there's the rub. Three posters before this one claimed "unconstitutional" yet zero have demonstrated anything to back it up. They just regurgitate what they're told to regurgitate, on cue like good little parrots.

There is nothing unconstitutional about this bill.

Unless you're a racist.
It's taking away states rights

How?

It violates the basic concept of a republic. States should be able to assign their electoral votes however they like.

States ALREADY ARE able to assign their EVs however they want, and have been, and have done so, since the Constitution was ratified. Might want to wake up now Rip van Winkle.

On Wednesday, House Democrats voted 220-210 to pass H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” which is the most important set of voting and election reforms since the historic Voting Rights Act was adopted in 1965. These reforms, which House Democrats previously passed in 2019, face a challenging path to in the Senate given Democrats’ narrow majority and uncertainty over whether they can overcome a GOP filibuster, but their adoption is critical for preserving American democracy amid unprecedented attack by Republican extremists both in and outside Congress

All Republicans should vote for it, because we all know how important free and fair elections are to them.
Neither one of us has read the bill.

Text - H.R.1 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): For the People Act of 2019 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
Why don't you read it and get back to us in 2 years when you're done.
Amazingly, here's the current version including a nice little summary: H.R.1 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): For the People Act of 2021
Almost broke a nail having to type "hr1" in the search box!

Unless you're a racist.

How?

It violates the basic concept of a republic. States should be able to assign their electoral votes however they like.

States ALREADY ARE able to assign their EVs however they want, and have been, and have done so, since the Constitution was ratified. Might want to wake up now Rip van Winkle.
Wait so you want states to ignore the federal pot laws but abide by HR1?

Unless you're a racist.

How?

Oughta work, sure.
Again, the question is ----- WHAT'S IN HR1?
What's in there that's "unconstitutional"?
And how come nobody can answer that, yet 48 people want to make the ass-sertion?
Hm?

Trump doesn't like it therefore it's wrong and I hate it.

Did you see what President Trump said at CPAC?

He called out H.R. 1, the Democrats’ bill to DESTROY election integrity.

#

Here are just a few of the RADICAL proposals in H.R. 1:

• RESTRICT political speech protected under the First Amendment
  • Turn the Federal Election Commission into a partisan political weapon
  • ELIMINATE Voter ID requirements nationwide
  • Require states to give ballots to felons
  • Automatically register EVERY welfare recipient to vote
  • Put unelected career bureaucrats in charge of drawing election districts
President Trump is RIGHT. This bill would be a complete disaster for election integrity.

Unless you're a racist.

How?

Oughta work, sure.
Again, the question is ----- WHAT'S IN HR1?
What's in there that's "unconstitutional"?
And how come nobody can answer that, yet 48 people want to make the ass-sertion?
Hm?
You should know pogo, it circumvent's the supreme court's decision

Forum List

Back