House paid for? Car paid for?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
How many people have their homes and car/s paid for?

Even if you have a home and car paid for can you afford to pay more taxes?

Everything paid for including my funeral.

Including kegs and food and drivers for the drunks at the visitation.

Last edited:
no, higher property taxes are already a pain....

can't afford additional taxes or additional anything! :lol:

I guess you're looking for a serious answer here. So many possibilities.

We always pay cash for our cars. We bought a few new windows for our house about 5 months ago, so I guess it's not completely paid for until we finish paying them off in about 6 months. (12-month no-interest financing, 'ya know.)

Anyway, why on the Census form did the gubmit axe if your house was paid off? I guess since they control the financial system, that's a valid question. In 10 years, they'll probably ask if you own all your internal organs.

We always pay cash for our cars. We bought a few new windows for our house about 5 months ago, so I guess it's not completely paid for until we finish paying them off in about 6 months. (12-month no-interest financing, 'ya know.)

Anyway, why on the Census form did the gubmit axe if your house was paid off? I guess since they control the financial system, that's a valid question. In 10 years, they'll probably ask if you own all your internal organs.

My census form asked no such questions.

It was question #3 on the US Census form:

The Questions on the Form - 2010 Census

You didn't fill out your census form yet, have you... :eusa_whistle:

OHH yeah, I forgot that one, the rest dealt with race, age, etc.

My mistake my apologies.

The simpilest census for I had seen. Several asked about indoor plumbing, etc in the past.
How many mules you owned, etc.

Currently rent.

1 vehicle paid for (My truck which is 23 years old...better be paid off). 1 vehicle has 6 months left on the note. We're going to keep it when it gets paid off and then probably take out a loan for another vehicle. Truck is making me a little nervous as to how reliable it is going to be for much longer. So I'm going to keep the truck as a utility vehicle, drive my wife's current car as a daily driver, and the wife gets the new (to us) SUV.

You got my address....right?

Sure you are invited.

Had to talk the Funeral home owner into the kegs. He had never done anything like that. But he is a friend of mine.
Legal issues on him serving beer. But there is no legal issue if someone else brings it in.
The jury is still out on the live band though.

Last edited:

OHH yeah, I forgot that one, the rest dealt with race, age, etc.

My mistake my apologies.

The simpilest census for I had seen. Several asked about indoor plumbing, etc in the past.
How many mules you owned, etc.

Yep, the form was surprisingly simple compared with other years. And the race questions were awesome. I didn't realize there were so many types of Hispanics. I wish I had been an Hispanic. :(

Sure you are invited.

Had to talk the Funeral home owner into the kegs. He had never done anything like that. But he is a friend of mine.

I'm thinking of writing a proviso into my will that states there must be a party 1 week after my passing. Everyone must do at least 4 shots of their favorite alcoholic beverage (provided) during the party. Anyone who doesn't will forfeit anything I might have left to them.

I want an Irish wake, but my wife says no-go. Thats the best compromise I can come up with.

It asks if you have a mortgage. That is the same thing as asking you if it is paid for

Sure you are invited.

I'm thinking of writing a proviso into my will that states there must be a party 1 week after my passing. Everyone must do at least 4 shots of their favorite alcoholic beverage (provided) during the party. Anyone who doesn't will forfeit anything I might have left to them.

I want an Irish wake, but my wife says no-go. Thats the best compromise I can come up with.

Ahh, no wife here so no problems.

Cars paid for - but still carrying a mortgage (4.75%). We could pay off the whole thing, but would rather invest the capital in other things. It's good to be diversified - we have a lot of equity in the house already.

We have our house and cars paid for. What we don't have paid off is our daughters two day stay in the hospital. And you mention taxes going up--our taxes went up when our daughter, who is an uninsured contract worker for AT&T, got sick.

House and farm paid for. Wife's car paid for. My new truck not paid for but will be in July.

Glad to hear a lot of people have their places paid for. We were talking here about how many people who had their places paid for but lost their farms and homes during the depression because they could not pay the taxes.

We are like Care4all, could not afford anymore tax on top of what we already pay. We drive an old beater that needs a lot of repairs but it has no monthly payments.

Forum List

Back