House overwhelmingly approves 700 miles of border fence (with a third of Democrats su

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Hey it's a start....Keep contacting your Reps and hound the shit out of them....That's what WE can do right now.:thup:

GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS -- AND GOOD POLITICS

A few minutes ago, the U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a stand-alone border security and fence bill (H.R. 6061).

H.R. 6061 was introduced just this week (as a result of the special hearings) by Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King (R-NY).

VOTING YES
GOP----219
DEM-----64
----------------------
Total----283

VOTING NO
GOP------6
DEM----131
IND------1
----------------------
Total----138

See how your own Representative voted at.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll446.xml

http://www.numbersusa.com/faxes?ID=6353

My Rep. Don Young voted no today, and I just sent him two faxes through numbersusa, just now...

How 'bout the unemployed? Perhaps those that need work due to illegals taking their jobs? ;)

Something along the lines of what FDR instituted back in the depression days........like great dam building projects......W.P.A...Work Progress Administration or the TVA projects?

This is big. Let's see what the Senate does and cross our fingers that its good.

This is big. Let's see what the Senate does and cross our fingers that its good.

It's only 700 mls, but we can NOT LET them off the hook now, thinking that this going to satisfy us.... Like their thinking ya well do this, and they'll get off our backs.
NO WAY, JOSE"

Call, contact, and if we have to, well can start sending those bricks again..........
Or we can send a cinder block or two.......

I'm sorry, but who was that who said that???

Was that you Clay?
I think it was, if I'm wrong, whoever said it, I :rotflmao:

keep up the pressure...Some of them are up for reelection, and tell the others, we are keeping an eye on you....
That's what I told mine......:teeth:

One other thing....Have you heard about the new slogan from the Democrats...That we are no more safer now with the republicans, and the Democrats will do a better job of keeping us safe if we vote for them........

Take a look AGAIN HERE..........
VOTING YES
GOP----219
DEM-----64----------------------
Total----283

VOTING NO
GOP------6
DEM----131
IND------1
----------------------
Total----138

There's your answer.......

It's only 700 mls, but we can NOT LET them off the hook now, thinking that this going to satisfy us.... Like their thinking ya well do this, and they'll get off our backs.
NO WAY, JOSE"

Call, contact, and if we have to, well can start sending those bricks again..........
Or we can send a cinder block or two.......

I'm sorry, but who was that who said that???

Was that you Clay?
I think it was, if I'm wrong, whoever said it, I :rotflmao:

keep up the pressure...Some of them are up for reelection, and tell the others, we are keeping an eye on you....
That's what I told mine......:teeth:

One other thing....Have you heard about the new slogan from the Democrats...That we are no more safer now with the republicans, and the Democrats will do a better job of keeping us safe if we vote for them........

Take a look AGAIN HERE..........
VOTING YES
GOP----219
DEM-----64----------------------
Total----283

VOTING NO
GOP------6
DEM----131
IND------1
----------------------
Total----138

There's your answer.......

It's a bandaid on a gushing artery. There's ALREADY a fence along the border. If it isn't manned and enforced, it'll mean absolutely squat, real world.

But it's got some thinking the Republicans are actually doing something. When are they breaking ground? 2015?

Since most are on foot running the border, I'd say that 700 miles is a good start.......

Ever try an "end-around" run involving 700 miles?:teeth:

By fencing that much distance, you force the border runners into a smaller catch-zone. You're gradually funneling them so that you can concentrate your forces for rounding them up. It's a beginning.:clap:

Of course that scenario will only work if the fence holds'em back.:bang3:

Since most are on foot running the border, I'd say that 700 miles is a good start.......

Ever try an "end-around" run involving 700 miles?:teeth:

By fencing that much distance, you force the border runners into a smaller catch-zone. You're gradually funneling them so that you can concentrate your forces for rounding them up. It's a beginning.:clap:

Of course that scenario will only work if the fence holds'em back.:bang3:

They'll have more tunnels than Hogan's Heroes before the fence is complete.

Yes, it's a beginnng, and don't get me wrong. I'm all for enforcing our border. I'm just not much for throwing a 6 oz cup of water on a 500 acre fire.

I'd like to know who the hell carved it down to 700 miles. The damn border is a whole shit load longer than that with mexico. I thought build a fence was going to mean the whole damn length of the border! Yes it's a start, but knowing these shit bags we have in power, it'll also probably be the end! These spinless sell outs won't be happy until we're all speaking spanish... until we're all FORCED to speak spanish.

Copy and paste this into an email and send it to everyone you know...

SPEAKING ENGLISH

I had an interesting conversation with a lady of Hispanic origin last week.

She told me that she planned to come down to St. Mary's Hospital and get a job in Admissions (where I work). When I pointed out that we didn't have any openings she advised me that "soon" current employees will have to be fired so they can hire bi-lingual employees. According to this lady, the Spanish speaking people of the US are going to demand that all public facilities - like hospitals, courthouses, etc. - be staffed by people who read, speak and comprehend Spanish.

We hear about the silent majority but I think we are going to have to speak up or find ourselves a conquered country. That would be an interesting historical note - greatest land in the world conquered by Mexico without ever firing a shot! Think about it.

1. Pass the law now pending to make English the ONLY official language of the United States of America.
2. Petition to Require citizenship to be eligible for social services in the United States.
3. No amnesty and No free services for illegal immigrants.
4. Vote in English only, and Drivers test in English only. Do we want to wind up like Canada where EVERYTHING has to be written in
2 languages?

Agree or Delete: Instructions to sign are at the bottom.

PETITION FOR PRES. BUSH,

1. Mary Takami, Calif.
2. Connie Dodd. Calif.
3. Frank Beirau, Calif.
4. Barbara Murray, Calif.
5. Dody Farha, Okla.
6. Woody Farho , Okla
7. Walt Stafford' Calif.
8. Donna Crozier, Iowa
9. Lyle Crozier, Iowa
10. Mitch Crozier, Iowa
11. Chris Ishmael, Iowa
12. Gean Ishmael, Iowa
13. Doug Ishmael, Iowa
14. Rob ert Brown, Iowa
15. D. Chase, Iowa
16. W.Chase, Iowa
17. Ed O'Brien, Florida
18. Helen Hendrison, Florida
19. Mrytle Brown, Texas
20. Doc Matthews, AZ
21. Donna Caldwell, IA
22. W.Zarnikow, Iowa
23. Noel H. Kasper
24. T. Dodson, CA
25. L. Ewing, CA
27. P Wright, CA
28. Roberta Smith
29. Ronald Smith
30. Robert Hurley
31. Carolyn Hurley
32. Bob Carver
33. Nancy Carver
34. Frode Andersen
35. Sharon Andersen
36. Bob Weikart
37. TJ Stanford
38. J.G. Dentz
39. A.M Dentz&nb sp;
40. H.S. Roberts
41. John H. Pierson Jr. CA
42. Veronica Pierson CA
43. John H. Pierson III CA
44. Steve Gann, OK
45. Pat Gann, OK
46. Bill Reeves CA
47. Elizabeth R. Brogan, NV
48. R.C. Brogan, NV
49. William Dee Smithson
50. Howard L Hodges
51. Jerry L. Fouts, AZ
52. Davis Pritchard, WA
53. James Maguire, Jr, WA
54. Linda Maguire, WA
55. Murlyn Ronk, NV
56. Suzanne Ronk, NV
57. Thomas Zundel, NV
58. Keith Forsgren, AK.
59. Dennis C. Redmond, FL.
60. Carl Schey, OH
61. Ron Franks, OH
62. Carolyn Franks. O H
63. Hal Shepherd, CO
64. Claude Fant, O H
65. Kelsey Smeltzer, CA
66. Greg C. Hall, SD
67. Kenneth L Erlenbusch, SD
68. Nancy Pitlick, SD
69. Jan Krull, SD
70. Jerri Boni, SD
71. JoAnne Knight
72. Nina Ripley, SD
73. VeaBea Thomas, SD
74. Becky Thompson, TX
75. Ron Thompson, TX
76. Kay Thomas, SD
77. Harry Thomas, SD
78. Roger Hanson, SD
79. Judy Hanson, SD
80. Teddie Vander Vorste, SD
81. Lois OLson, SD
82. Donna Sherwood, SD
83. Gwen Biersbach. SD
84. Marie Norby, SD
85. Cindy Ham, ND
86. Beckie Hodell, ND
87. Verna Magnuson, SD
88. Bella Croan, TX
89. Jane Armentrout,WA.
90. Karen Bare, CA
91. Linda Winters, CA
92. Sarah Roach
93. William Roach
94. Dora-Jo Cason, CA
95. Thomas Ludwig, CA
96. Linda Baldwin , CA
97. Shannon Johnson , CO
98. Susan Ward, CO
99. Homer Gibbs, AZ
100. Kevin Houghton, CA
101. Paul Daughtry ,ca
102 Marquesa Willaims ,CA
103.Cleo Baldwin, CA
104. Dozer baldwin, CA
105. Heather Baldwin , KY
106. Todd Steele , KY
107. Corey Steele, KY
108. Ronda Steele, KY
109. Paul Steele, KY
110. Steven Steele, KY
111. Junior Steele, KY
112, Ruth M. Raney, CA
113. Sandra McLain,CA
114. Mark Bowers, CA.
115. Jackie Craig, CA.
116. Marilyn Howell
117.George Howell
118.Robert Howell
119. Robert Hull
120. Holly Hull, CA
121. Charlene Tate, CA
122. Martha Key, IN
123 Susan Brown , KY
124 Charlie Campbell, IN
125 Diane Moreno, GA
126 Wanda Joyce Culley IN
127. Marion Moran, SC
128. Peggy Beach - AL
129. Kay M. Harrington - AL
130. Michael E. Harrington- AL
131. Robert E. Dumas, AL.
132. Wllma M. Dumas, AL.
133. Gayle F Ferioli, Choctaw, OK
134. Gloria F. Davis, OK
135. Fred Price, OK
136. Dee Price, OK
137. Viola Mendenhall, Stilwell, OK
138 V C Gradert KS
139 J. Laughlin KS
142. Janet Eggleston , CA
143. Robert Eggleston , CA
144. Paula J. Palmer, CA
145.. Charles W Bruso, Ca
146. William S. Ozenbaugh, CA
147 J.Coats, CA
148 A. Coats, CA
149. D Wallace, MO
150. J Wallace, MO
151. C. Olivarri, MO
152. N. Bishop, MO
153. J Palmer, MO
154. A Palmer, MO
155 Ila Cox MS
156. Anita Hammond
157. Betty Nowell, LA
158. Mitch Nowell,LA
159. Scott Nowell,LA
160. Bobbie Bigum, LA
161. Marian T. Sparrow, La.
162. Anthony Sparrow, La.
163. Shelley Sparrow, La.
164. Carolyn N. Kennedy LA
165. Tommy L. Kennedy LA
166. James Bullock, LA
167. Lou Bullock, LA
168. Pat Gaskins, AL
169. Tom Gaskins, AL
170 Ernest Beard
171 Jacqueline Beard
172. Virginia H. Galloway, AL
173. Mary Gragg
174. Edwin Berry, AL.
175. Carolyn Berry, AL
176. Eva gibson, Al.
177. Martha Burns, AL
178. Connie Burnes, GA
179. Mary Dixon, GA
180. Doug Walton, AL
181. Tom Walthall, AL
182. Bruce L. Baker, AL
183. Ellis R. Morris FL
184 Mary Sue Pike Al
185. Rex Ballinger Al
186. Bonnie Ballinger Al
187. SHANNON BECK TX
188. LEON BECK TX
189. PRISCILLA MORGAN TX
190.LORI-LYN DUNN NJ
191. NANDA SPEAR TX
192. ROGER BECKETTE TX
193.LUCRETIA SEYMOUR MS
194. JR SEYMOUR MS
195. ANNA PEREZ TX( HEAD EM UP, MOVE EM OUT!)
196 Margaret Klassa VA
197 Hal Klassa VA
198 Anne Pashow VA
199 Jim Pasahow VA
200 Kim Strickland, VA
201 Robert Strickland, VA
202 Dawn Mordica, VA
203 Jeffrey Mordica, VA
204. Jennifer Mosteller, VA
205. Hal Mosteller, VA
206.Charles Joyner, SC
207. Peggy Joyner, SC
208. Betty Wright, SC
209. RL Wright, SC
210. Jennifer W. Joyner, SC
211.MARGARET SIMPSON SC
212. Vickie Quick, S.C.
213. Joey Nelms,Sr. S.C.
214. Deborah C. Nelms, S.C.
215. Billie Johnson SC
216. Linda Ogburn SC
217. Kim Gorrell, SC
218. John Clayton SC
219. Natalie Clayton SC
220 Michael Hess Pa
221 Denise Hess Pa
222.JENNIFER HESS NORTH'D.,PA
223. Linda Mobile, Al
224. Cheryl LaVeglia NY
225. Joanne Dana, NY
226. Richard Dana, NY
227. Elaine Daniels, NY
228. Jaime Daniels, NY
229. Jeffrey Daniels, NY
230. Jessica Daniels, NY
231. Elizabeth Daniels, NY
232. Julie Smillie, CT.
233. William Smillie, CT.
234. Jennifer Smillie, CT.
235. Laura Smillie, CT.
236. Charles R. Popp, Ct.
237. Carol J. Popp, Ct.
238. Louis Juliano, Ct.
239. Lillian Juliano, Ct.
240. Gina Uberti, Ct.
241. John Uberti, Ct.
242. Sharon Kearney
243. Michael Kearney
244. Selina Moschello, CT
245. Buzz Whitacre, GA
246. Dana Hall GA
247. Gary Hall GA
248. Brant Cochran GA
249. Faye Cochran GA
250. Stan Cochran GA
251. Gwen Hall GA
252. Noreen B. D'Onofrio -Parkland, FL
253. Frank D'Onofrio -Parkland, FL
254. Gerry D'Onofrio Parkland, FL.
255. Calvin D'Onofrio Parkland, FL
256. Tabitha C. D'Onofrio Parkland, FL
257. Dale R. Andrews, Jacksonville, FL
258. Sara Templeton, Reno, NV
259. Tom Berry, Reno, NV

IF YOU DON'T FORWARD THE PEITION AND JUST STOP IT, WE WILL LOSE ALL THESE NAMES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SIGN IT THAT'S OK, BUT PLEASE, JUST FORWARD IT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW SO THEY CAN CHOOSE FOR THEMSELF TO SIGN OR FORWARD.

THANK YOU !!!

To add your name, click on "forward". You will be able to add your name at the bottom of the list. Then forward it to your friends.

THE 2,000TH PERSON SEND IT ON TO THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS:

[email protected]

If you can read this, Thank a Teacher. If you are reading this in English, Thank a Veteran

Support our troops. Remember our Veterans.

There's ALREADY a fence along the border.
I guess you haven't spent much time on the border, have you.

I'm a member of the Minutemen, and I patrol the border between Calif and Mexico regularly. About 10 miles of border has a "fence". It's thin sheet metal held up by iron posts. The illegals cut through it with axes, saws, and occasionally torches, on a regular basis. Half our effort is spent patching the holes they have made.

About 40 more miles have something that doesn't deserve the name "fence". It's a single iron rail, maybe three feet off the ground, held up by short iron posts. Quite easy to step over or under, or to toss drugs over. All those activites happen a LOT. It's mostly intended as a vehicle barrier. But there are gaps in it, that vehicles can get through quite easily - the paths are worn very smooth by constant use.

The balance of California's 300 miles of border, has nothing. zero. zip. squat. You can't even tell where the border is in most of those areas. They are either high, rugged mountains, or flat desert areas a long way from any population centers. Most illegal border-crossing takes place near populations centers. When the paltry fences we have now, were built a decade or so ago, they merely pushed the illegals east into the deserts, where they continue to cross freely, and occasionally die of exposure. We help the ones we find, giving them water, food, shelter. And of course we turn them over to the Border Patrol. But we don't find them all.

I don't know what the border is like for the other border states (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas). Haven't been there. From what I've heard, it's not much more substantial than what we have here.

If it isn't manned and enforced, it'll mean absolutely squat, real world.
Quite true. Which is why any fence must be accompanied by an increase in Border Patrol personnel. They presently have about 8,000 total, I believe. They would need a minimum of 50,000 field officers to adequately patrol the border along its entire length 24/7, plus support personnel, equipment, radios, vehicles, infrastructure.

Want to help solve the problem, instead of just sitting at a PC and whining? Email me: lilabner_45 at yahoo dot com.

Want to help solve the problem, instead of just sitting at a PC and whining? Email me: lilabner_45 at yahoo dot com.

I both admire and respect what you're doing. I think the mexican invasion into America is the worst thing that's ever happened to this country, including 9/11, because the invasion continues.

But what pray tell will you say if emailed? What is it other than "come down and sit on the border with me" can "one" do?

What we NEED to do, is VOTE THE SCUM SUCKING PIGS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN OUT OF OFFICE, and even though I've voted Republican for years, I think Bush is a damn traitor wanting to give amesty to all these illegals. Fuck him and the cross eyed mule he road in on.

Vote for someone that promises NO AMNESTY. 'Course politicians promises are a dime a dozen. They don't usually mean shit.

They'll have more tunnels than Hogan's Heroes before the fence is complete.

Yes, it's a beginnng, and don't get me wrong. I'm all for enforcing our border. I'm just not much for throwing a 6 oz cup of water on a 500 acre fire.

We've learned a lot about enemy tunneling techniques back in "Nam". Also we have a lot of experience with the NKA's tunneling methods in Korea too.

A major tunnel was found near the San Diego border area that was 400 feet long and ended at a house in Calexico.

I both admire and respect what you're doing. I think the mexican invasion into America is the worst thing that's ever happened to this country, including 9/11, because the invasion continues.

But what pray tell will you say if emailed? What is it other than "come down and sit on the border with me" can "one" do?

What we NEED to do, is VOTE THE SCUM SUCKING PIGS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN OUT OF OFFICE, and even though I've voted Republican for years, I think Bush is a damn traitor wanting to give amesty to all these illegals. Fuck him and the cross eyed mule he road in on.

Vote for someone that promises NO AMNESTY. 'Course politicians promises are a dime a dozen. They don't usually mean shit.

Just what I was thinking. And I think he missed the sarcasm in my post. Old fence, new fence, if it isn't manned and enforced, it really won't matter. Now a fence with a minefield and motion sensors on both sides .....THAT's a fence.

But I agree with you, and there is no local, state, or National representative that gets my vote who isn't well-aware of my opinion and where my vote can go.

Now a fence with a minefield and motion sensors on both sides .....THAT's a fence.
Ah yes... the death penalty for stepping over the border illegally. Who could object to that?

It's precisely because such ludicrous responses are so out of line, that fancy fences, patrols, etc. are necessary. The fact that they cost much more than minefields is less important (to some people at least) than the fact that they are an APPROPRIATE and highly effective solution to the problem, more so than your cheaper, lower-effort alternative.

I could be wrong but I believe that some of it will be actual wall, some will be fence and some will be electronic surveillance. Either way bravo!!!!!

The exact design hasn't been finalized yet. Probably won't be for a while - this is government, remember. :bang3:

The text of the bill can be found here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:3:./temp/~c109IVyFTB::

The appropriate part says:

`(A) REINFORCED FENCING- In carrying out subsection (a), the Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide for least 2 layers of reinforced fencing, the installation of additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors--

Now, to you and me, "2 layers of reinforced fencing" means two pretty strong fences, spaced apart, probably with an access road or even a trench between them. But to government bean counters, it might mean two thin layers of metal instead of one, on the same fence, not much more difficult to hack through than a one-layer fence. If you'll forgive me, I guess it depends on what the definition of "two", is.

The bill also says that if the terrain exceeds more than a 10% slope, other things can be substituted for an ondinary fence, such as camera, motion sensors etc. There are some pretty rugged mountains on some parts of the border, and unfortunately this is only sensible. Unmentioned is the fact that thse nifty cameras need a warm body or three to monitor them, not provided by the bill. But as I said earlier, you get what you want one piece at a time in government... or not at all.

One proposal from a private source (not the Minutemen, though I wish we could take credit) looks like this. But I doubt something this nice will be built. Same bean counters.

Fence_Idea.jpg

But we're making progress, slowly.

The exact design hasn't been finalized yet. Probably won't be for a while - this is government, remember. :bang3:

The text of the bill can be found here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:3:./temp/~c109IVyFTB::

The appropriate part says:

`(A) REINFORCED FENCING- In carrying out subsection (a), the Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide for least 2 layers of reinforced fencing, the installation of additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors--

Now, to you and me, "2 layers of reinforced fencing" means two pretty strong fences, spaced apart, probably with an access road or even a trench between them. But to government bean counters, it might mean two thin layers of metal instead of one, on the same fence, not much more difficult to hack through than a one-layer fence. If you'll forgive me, I guess it depends on what the definition of "two", is.

The bill also says that if the terrain exceeds more than a 10% slope, other things can be substituted for an ondinary fence, such as camera, motion sensors etc. There are some pretty rugged mountains on some parts of the border, and unfortunately this is only sensible. Unmentioned is the fact that thse nifty cameras need a warm body or three to monitor them, not provided by the bill. But as I said earlier, you get what you want one piece at a time in government... or not at all.

One proposal from a private source (not the Minutemen, though I wish we could take credit) looks like this. But I doubt something this nice will be built. Same bean counters.

Fence_Idea.jpg

But we're making progress, slowly.

Wow, that is some project assuming it actually comes to fruition?

New Topics

Forum List

Back