House Dems Want Amnesty for Illegals in Virus Relief Bill

I have to interject that here in Miss chicken processing plants no longer hire illegal workers. They were deported, although their citizen children remained and were cared for by increased govt "welfare." Maybe the kids have left too, I dunno what happened to them after the initial ICE raids.

But black people were hired to replace them. Ironically, the owners of the processing plants sought out the illegal workers when the black workers previously tried to unionize. The consumer price of chicken increased. And now, as a result of Trump's policy, processing plant owners are consolidating operations to have fewer plants, but process the same number of chickens. Some of the workers may be able to move to jobs in the plants still open.

To be fair, some mid level managers were going to be prosecuted. Whether ICE actually followed through …. I never heard

Last edited:
I have to interject that here in Miss chicken processing plants no longer hire illegal workers. They were deported, although their citizen children remained and were cared for by increased govt "welfare." Maybe the kids have left too, I dunno what happened to them after the initial ICE raids.

Last I saw they were mostly returned to work. You have a link that shows they all were deported?

And what happened to the employer? Nothing. I can provide a link where it was noted that those who carried out the raid said the employer knew they were hiring illegals.

But black people were hired to replace them. Ironically, the owners of the processing plants sought out the illegal workers when the black workers previously tried to unionize. The consumer price of chicken increased. And now, as a result of Trump's policy, processing plant owners are consolidating operations to have fewer plants, but process the same number of chickens. Some of the workers may be able to move to jobs in the plants still open.

Again, link?

I dunno if you can get past the paywall, but I thought this pretty even handed. And some white workers took jobs too.

I got hits on this google search
mississippi chicken processors employment after ICE

Those we bring in to do things like process our food should be able to get a legal wage.
We don't bring them in. Employers ILLEGALLY hire them.

And we allow them because we are worried about the prices going up a little bit. We allow it so it is us.
We don't allow it. Corrupt officials look the other way/ignore it.

Yes we do

We could change the alws to make it easier to prosecute employers, e verify would be very easy to implement and punish employers for not using it.

We do not do that so there is nothing to look away from

The burden of proof is too high as is. Could obviously rework the law.

Those we bring in to do things like process our food should be able to get a legal wage.

And we allow them because we are worried about the prices going up a little bit. We allow it so it is us.

Yes we do

We could change the alws to make it easier to prosecute employers, e verify would be very easy to implement and punish employers for not using it.

If you have 50 employees and no actual verification on any of them it wouldn't be hard to prove.

Yes we do

If you have 50 employees and no actual verification on any of them it wouldn't be hard to prove.

Under hte law that's not enough

You have to prove they KNEW they were illegal

You need a system like e verify with legislation to make that true.

What he's just supposed to assume mexican ethnics are illegal? Do you hear yourself? There is no obligation to check this shit under the law. Which means every sane employer just claims ignorance and washes themself of legal liability. That simple

Need to change the law to prosecute them as you are suggesting

Yes we do

What he's just supposed to assume mexican ethnics are illegal? Do you hear yourself?

We have employers on video admitting they know their employees are here illegally.

There are dairy businesses in a documentary admitting to it. (On my phone, I'll have to find it later).

Why wasnt ICE at their door the day after it was released?

Yes we do

What he's just supposed to assume mexican ethnics are illegal? Do you hear yourself?

We have employers on video admitting they know their employees are here illegally.

There are dairy businesses in a documentary admitting to it. (On my phone, I'll have to find it later).

Because businesses have lawyers they would lose over and over

That they do and every one that hires them should be arrested.

Oh and if they do pass that bullshit there will be quite a few unhappy voters as most American want all illegals out of the country as they cost us billions each year. Anyone pulling that shit won't be very popular with voters.

Yes we do

Excuses. The government has far more lawyers.

Fuck all illegals
291EFD1A-2E70-4496-967D-D1BAFFD21ABD.jpeg

Yes we do

Excuses. The government has far more lawyers.

That's not how law enforcement works

They stay away from people with lawyers because it doesn't make any economic sense

IRS same thing, they don't pursue billionaires because they have to spend more to get similar revenue returns as going after poor people.

ICE on a per dollar basis is much better targeting the poor than businesses who can retain lawyers. Welcome to basic governance and bureaucracy in a capitalist society.

You think of these things like a small child or some rural rube who doesn't have access to the internet

It sounds like you guys are going to have one hell of a Virus Relief Bill. One for the ages.

A hundred or so House Democrats are asking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to include what critics are calling amnesty for some illegal immigrants in the COVID relief package currently being hammered out in Congress, Breitbart reports.

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is heading up the group of House Democrats who sent a letter to Pelosi over the weekend seeking amnesty for at least 5 million illegal immigrants deemed "essential workers" who are recipients of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) or the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programs.

"As you continue to work on assembling a COVID-19 reconciliation package and begin work on an economic recovery and jobs package, we urge you to include a pathway to citizenship for essential immigrant workers, Dreamers, and TPS holders, as well as their families, in order to ensure a robust recovery that is inclusive and equitable for all Americans regardless of their immigration status," the letter reads.
The thread premise is a lie.

Dishonest, unreliable source.

That would defeat the purpose of binging in illegal workers. If they wanted to pay a legal wage, there are plenty of people to fill those jobs, but a legal wage is way more expensive.

Absolutely. I've noted for a long time what is going to happen.

After these millions are made legal over time the businesses will replace them with more illegal workers and those who lose their jobs will get welfare benefits.

All because we refuse to enforce our employment laws.
This is a lie.

Undocumented immigrants are not going to be "made legal."

Forum List

Back