House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

This way all the illegals dead and otherwise in CA can vote thousands of times stealing all elections..

Course they can...

...oh, look. A unicorn with the Tooth Fairy riding it and the Easter Bunny hopping alongside. Isn't life grand in whackadoodle land.....
Childish distractions do not hide the facts--the electoral votes slow the cheating down--------
It doesn't just slow the process it makes it far more difficult. To steal a presidential election with an electoral college, the thieves need a crystal ball to determine which states to target as no one really knows that till the votes are counted. However even if that crystal ball reveals the right states, the thieves must determine how many votes to steal in each of those states. Steal to few and the effort is in vain. Steal to many and it may tip off election officials. With the popular vote, it doesn't matter where the votes are stolen as long you steal enough without revealing the fraud.

Last edited:

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

Over the history of our country, there have been at least 700 proposed amendments to modify or abolish the Electoral College. The odds are pretty good that this one is going nowhere

What opponents of the Electoral College should consider is that it's existence makes it almost impossible for a presidential election to rigged as Trump claimed. Popular votes are far easier to steal than electoral votes.

As if Democrats are interested in preventing election fraud. :auiqs.jpg: That's a knee-slapper.

Oh?
You want to lump an entire political party into a single person? Howzat work?
Sweep-generalize much?

By the way how's that search for me using that fallacy coming along? What's it been, two years now? Three?
All Democrats are evil and must be silenced. We are playing in your sandbox now.

I'm 74, so I know the EC will not be abolished in my lifetime - but it will happen eventually. The EC is a racist dinosaur. National popular vote is the only fair and logical way to elect presidents. People will evolve to do the right thing.

The Electoral College is in no way racist, and don't expect stating your talking points as fact to impress anyone. If the Electoral College is ever abolished, it will be because a majority of people has become as stupid and puerile as you are.

You sure aren't shy about ramming your foot in your own mouth. Pity you know nothing of your country's own history, which presumably we should attribute to being a " public school-indoctrinated mouthbreather".

Racism was in fact the ultimate MAIN REASON for the Electoral College. The various colonies wishing to unite into a country were split between slave states and free states, and the only way the former were coming on board was with artificial overrepresentation in Congress. They actually wanted to count ALL their slave population for purpose of apportionment while the free states pointed out that those slaves they wanted to count got no vote and were not citizens. The infamous "three-fifths compromise" gave those slave states licence to count three-fifths of their slave population for apportionment in Congress, while granting those slaves zero-fifths of a vote.

--- Or didn't it ever occur to your incurious crusty ass to wonder why four of the first five Presidents representing ten of the first eleven administrations ---- were all from Virginia?

That's because Virginia was the big electoral prize, made bigger by its three-fifths malarkey. Duh. Whelp, this just in, Slavery was abolished 155 years ago, and the other secondary/tertiary reasons for the EC have also long since faded away --- as I pointed out way back at the beginning of this thread, days ago, while you were mouthbreathing.

So you're embarrassed yourself yet again with this level of ignorance. Maybe you should do your homework before foot-in-mouth disease.

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

-------------------- and?

Are you pissed that the article doesn't mention the main purpose ---- Slavery?
Slavery is largely illegal globally because white people ended it, although it still exists it black and brown countries.

Actually slave people ended it.

And it's been illegal here for 155 years, and it was the main impetus for even having the Electoral College.

You'll note that the other, secondary reason articulated above is also way out of date. In the 18th century internet, television, radio, even telegraph didn't exist yet. Traversing the length of the then-country would be a horse-drawn excursion over nonexistent "roads" that would take weeks if not months, meaning few ever did it, and a citizen in, say New Hampshire would know little about candidates from say Georgia That's all changed since then.

The third tertiary reason for the EC was to insert a proxy so that some demagogue charlatan couldn't hoodwink the population into a frenzy. That too has been rendered impotent by so-called "faithless elector" laws which prescribe who electors MUST vote for, and of course the corrupt "winner take all" (WTA) system, which James Madison himself wanted banned even then.

In other words every single reason the Electrical College ever had to exist, has been switched off. LONG ago.

But yanno what, let's just keep running the same system. Because no reasons.
Once again not everyone shares in your liberal ideology

--- And that's fine. All my Liberal ideology does is ensure that those variant views can exist. No big whoop.
Nothing wrong with that pogo, just keep it to yourself in North Carolina

Actually it's throughout the country. That's why we have that Liberal Constitution.

However the Bill of Rights does not give you the right to not capitalize my name.
No we are 50 States combined to full fill the duty's to protect each one from enemy's foreign and domestic
"full fill"?

Speak English, much?

Why is there a comma, there?
I'm telling Gertrude Stein. :nono:

I'm 74, so I know the EC will not be abolished in my lifetime - but it will happen eventually. The EC is a racist dinosaur. National popular vote is the only fair and logical way to elect presidents. People will evolve to do the right thing.

The Electoral College is in no way racist, and don't expect stating your talking points as fact to impress anyone. If the Electoral College is ever abolished, it will be because a majority of people has become as stupid and puerile as you are.

You sure aren't shy about ramming your foot in your own mouth. Pity you know nothing of your country's own history, which presumably we should attribute to being a " public school-indoctrinated mouthbreather".

Racism was in fact the ultimate MAIN REASON for the Electoral College. The various colonies wishing to unite into a country were split between slave states and free states, and the only way the former were coming on board was with artificial overrepresentation in Congress. They actually wanted to count ALL their slave population for purpose of apportionment while the free states pointed out that those slaves they wanted to count got no vote and were not citizens. The infamous "three-fifths compromise" gave those slave states licence to count three-fifths of their slave population for apportionment in Congress, while granting those slaves zero-fifths of a vote.

--- Or didn't it ever occur to your incurious crusty ass to wonder why four of the first five Presidents representing ten of the first eleven administrations ---- were all from Virginia?

That's because Virginia was the big electoral prize, made bigger by its three-fifths malarkey. Duh. Whelp, this just in, Slavery was abolished 155 years ago, and the other secondary/tertiary reasons for the EC have also long since faded away --- as I pointed out way back at the beginning of this thread, days ago, while you were mouthbreathing.

So you're embarrassed yourself yet again with this level of ignorance. Maybe you should do your homework before foot-in-mouth disease.
Hey asshole this country was founded by whites for whites. That is why nations exist, for their own ethnic/racial tribes that is FUCKING NORMAL you stupid idiot. BTW the founders likely thought E and S slavs were not white so what.

More pandering

Over the history of our country, there have been at least 700 proposed amendments to modify or abolish the Electoral College. The odds are pretty good that this one is going nowhere

What opponents of the Electoral College should consider is that it's existence makes it almost impossible for a presidential election to rigged as Trump claimed. Popular votes are far easier to steal than electoral votes.

As if Democrats are interested in preventing election fraud. :auiqs.jpg: That's a knee-slapper.

Oh?
You want to lump an entire political party into a single person? Howzat work?
Sweep-generalize much?

By the way how's that search for me using that fallacy coming along? What's it been, two years now? Three?
All Democrats are evil and must be silenced. We are playing in your sandbox now.

I have no "sandbox" nor any idea what you're babbling about. Are you retarded? Because I'm not officially trained in Special Ed.

Hey asshole this country was founded by whites for whites. That is why nations exist, for their own ethnic/racial tribes that is FUCKING NORMAL you stupid idiot. BTW the founders likely thought E and S slavs were not white so what.

"E and S slavs [sic]"??

What the fuck color were those mushrooms?

More pandering

more evidence they want to trash the constituion.

Trashing the Constitution is invading the Captial Building during an important vote...

This is just a vote to who wants to keep it and who wants to loose it... There is no threat to the constitution...

Hey Lakhota you tribal idiot "native americans" were worse than Euros you were the most tribal people on Earth.

Hey Lakhota you tribal idiot "native americans" were worse than Euros you were the most tribal people on Earth.
Lakhota tranlates as me smell bear poop from the sky.

More pandering

And another so called "conservative" shows their absolute ignorance of the Constitution and the processes for amending same.

It is a shame that our browsers do spell check but can't do stupid check before that final click.

Doesn't matter, this bill is as much a dead letter, as the phony impeachment they just did...
The "phony impeachment" is now etched in stone for all time. If this country is still around 1000 years from now, the history books (or whatever media it's recorded on) will teach how Twice Impeached Trump was impeached for inciting a rebellion against his own country and Constitution.
1k years from now, no one will give a rat's ass.
That's true, just as no one cares that Nero figuratively fiddled as Rome burned. No one cares that Marie Antoinette wanted her starving subjects to eat brioche. But what history remembers of them is that they were failed leaders. All that will be remembered of Twice Impeached Trump is that he inspired his supporters to revolt against his own country for which he was impeached a second time in one term.
Ask your kids if they care about Nero. LOL. They don’t.
You're really fucking ignorant, ShortBus. I literally said, "no one cares..." What I did was point out that all these years later, all that's remembered about him is what a shit leader he was and one vague detail about the very end of his reign. Same as Twice Impeached Trump will be remembered for when your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren are learning history.

What was pointed out oh ye of small thought was that history will remember and will not remember kindly. Perhaps some reading proficiency skills are needed.
You should take your own advice as that is what I said.
icon_rolleyes.gif

More pandering

And another so called "conservative" shows their absolute ignorance of the Constitution and the processes for amending same.

It is a shame that our browsers do spell check but can't do stupid check before that final click.

Doesn't matter, this bill is as much a dead letter, as the phony impeachment they just did...
The "phony impeachment" is now etched in stone for all time. If this country is still around 1000 years from now, the history books (or whatever media it's recorded on) will teach how Twice Impeached Trump was impeached for inciting a rebellion against his own country and Constitution.
1k years from now, no one will give a rat's ass.
That's true, just as no one cares that Nero figuratively fiddled as Rome burned. No one cares that Marie Antoinette wanted her starving subjects to eat brioche. But what history remembers of them is that they were failed leaders. All that will be remembered of Twice Impeached Trump is that he inspired his supporters to revolt against his own country for which he was impeached a second time in one term.
Ask your kids if they care about Nero. LOL. They don’t.
You're really fucking ignorant, ShortBus. I literally said, "no one cares..." What I did was point out that all these years later, all that's remembered about him is what a shit leader he was and one vague detail about the very end of his reign. Same as Twice Impeached Trump will be remembered for when your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren are learning history.

What was pointed out oh ye of small thought was that history will remember and will not remember kindly. Perhaps some reading proficiency skills are needed.
You should take your own advice as that is what I said.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, missed that while I was reading up on Alexander the Great. Something from a couple of thousand years ago that people still care about.

Remember that saying about those who fail to learn from history. Obviously you missed that class.

Forum List

Back