House Dem to vote NO on $3.5 tril Bill

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Centrist Democrat Stephanie Murphy said Thursday she is prepared to vote against the Democratic $3.5 trillion infrastructure and social spending legislation at the committee level, citing a lack of details and clarity about funding.

“As we begin the multiday markup of this historic legislation, I do not know how much we are spending, how much we are raising,” Murphy said as the House Ways and Means Committee began considering portions of the legislative package Thursday. “We were given an artificial deadline in which to craft and mark up this bill, and I believe it was too rushed, driven by politics rather than policy.”

Murphy said the committee is still missing sizable portions of the package, whose legislative text is still being written. Last week, she and fellow centrists said that the text of the bill should be worked out ahead of time between both chambers and that members should be given ample time to review it.

“I can’t properly evaluate the assessments, however worthwhile they appear in isolation, with incomplete information,” Murphy said. “I do not think it is asking too much to see this bill in its entirety before voting. I think especially when we are proposing to create or change programs that will affect my constituents at every stage of their lives. For this reason, and unless something changes, I have no choice but to vote no.”

Bravo! FYI, she's from Florida., and isn't the only Dem. 10 of them sent a letter to Pelosi last month concerning the timing and the funding, among other things.

Their requests include: that the bill be “pre-conferenced” with the Senate to avoid having to make any major changes in either chamber, that the bill be paid for with the exception of its climate provisions and for members to be given at least 72 hours to review the legislation before it comes to the House floor.

Centrist Democrat Stephanie Murphy said Thursday she is prepared to vote against the Democratic $3.5 trillion infrastructure and social spending legislation at the committee level, citing a lack of details and clarity about funding.

“As we begin the multiday markup of this historic legislation, I do not know how much we are spending, how much we are raising,” Murphy said as the House Ways and Means Committee began considering portions of the legislative package Thursday. “We were given an artificial deadline in which to craft and mark up this bill, and I believe it was too rushed, driven by politics rather than policy.”

Murphy said the committee is still missing sizable portions of the package, whose legislative text is still being written. Last week, she and fellow centrists said that the text of the bill should be worked out ahead of time between both chambers and that members should be given ample time to review it.

“I can’t properly evaluate the assessments, however worthwhile they appear in isolation, with incomplete information,” Murphy said. “I do not think it is asking too much to see this bill in its entirety before voting. I think especially when we are proposing to create or change programs that will affect my constituents at every stage of their lives. For this reason, and unless something changes, I have no choice but to vote no.”

Bravo! FYI, she's from Florida., and isn't the only Dem. 10 of them sent a letter to Pelosi last month concerning the timing and the funding, among other things.

Their requests include: that the bill be “pre-conferenced” with the Senate to avoid having to make any major changes in either chamber, that the bill be paid for with the exception of its climate provisions and for members to be given at least 72 hours to review the legislation before it comes to the House floor.
It's just showmanship.

Keeps you kids busy while the real work gets done.

Perhaps more of the "Centrist Democrats" should have showed up in past votes in legislation. Production Price by U.S. Bureau of Labor... up 8.3% from a year ago. Over eight per cent! Progs do like to make people suffer.

My prediction if this spending Bill goes forward: inflation in the U.S will syrocket, the value of the U.S dollar will take a big hit, and, Americas enemies will promote their digital currency as a controlled alternative to the "run amok spending of the U.S". Sometimes publicly announced (President Xi gave praise to the Chinese digital currency developers in his speech a month ago), more often privately with global leaders when they meet.

Let no one be fooled, the replacement of the U.S as the global reserve currency is the #1 objective of Americas enemies. Once this occurs, the U.S will become Canada overnight, like Mexico in the not too distant future.

My prediction if this goes forward: inflation in the U.S will syrocket, the value of the U.S dollar will take a big hit, and, Americas enemies will promote their digital currency as a controlled alternative to the "run amok spending of the U.S".

Let no one be fooled, the replacement of the U.S as the global reserve currency is the #1 objective f Americas enemies. Once this occurs, the U.S will become like Canada overnight. Mexico in the not too distant future.

Inflation is already sky rocketing.

You'd think demoquacks would recognize it.

Producer costs and prices up around 8%.

Bbbuut....the narrative

Xiden has no political capital at all....
You can't have any capital when you need to ask your Speaker if it is OK to talk and what to even talk about. Not only hasn't Joe any capital, he hasn't even any pocket change. Joe has a teleprompter.

He and Piglosi are soon to be dead in the water.

Face down would be the natural position.

a-festF4DNC.jpg

Is this a chink in the armor of the communist/marxist democrat machine? Let us hope so. Looks like maybe some of them are wanting to reclaim America.

The first crack in the dyke.

Cuellar is from the Rio Grande Valley....He knows working class hispanics detest Xiden's open borders.

Xiden has no political capital at all....He and Piglosi are soon to be dead in the water.
This addition may be just enough to guarantee the collapse of the economy even after they've been ejected.

Bbbuut....the narrative
Isn't media-induced tribalism wonderful? Pit one half of the nation against the other and keep adding fuel to the fire and you can get half of them to support damned near ANYTHING if they believe it will harm or piss off the other half.

Wait...........wut?

Obviously an insurrectionist. Off with their head!

Don't forget to cancel their friends and family.

Bbbuut....the narrative
They do recognize the skyrocketing inflation

Why do you think they want to spend more money?

Good for Stephanie Murphy. But we're going to need some more sensible Democrats to derail this evil, irresponsible bill.

Isn't media-induced tribalism wonderful? Pit one half of the nation against the other and keep adding fuel to the fire and you can get half of them to support damned near ANYTHING if they believe it will harm or piss off the other half.
The tribalism all comes from the right. Here’s one big example.

Forum List

Back