House Arrest - Day 1...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Here in sunny Florida we've begun our government-imposed period of house arrest. Governor Ron DeSantis has decreed that all non-essential personnel should remain in their homes unless visiting essential services (doctor, grocery store, etc).

Of course, I'm not going to do that.

I'm considered "media" since I work for an local magazine, so I'm able to go pretty much anywhere I want, assuming it's not closed. For instance, I can't go to the beach or the local fishing pier, as those considered closed and off limits. This past week I've driven into downtown St. Augustine, which is always bustling until the bars close, and it's been deserted. It's almost creepy walking down the main drag in town and nobody is out and about.

This is a shot I took around 9:30pm on Wednesday, before the start of the "stay at home" order. It shows Cathedral Street and the Bridge of Lions. Under normal circumstances you'd have a slim chance of finding a parking spot on this street at that time of the evening. The bridge always has traffic passing over it, but I could've laid down and taken a nap on it Wednesday night:

[IMG]

And, just for fun, at the suggestion of a friend I'm going to shave off my goatee. I'll then post a photo a day to social media, staying unshaven until I can go to a bar and order a Martini.

Hey, if nothin' else, this sure is gonna' be weird!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in sunny Florida we've begun our government-imposed period of house arrest. Governor Ron DeSantis has decreed that all non-essential personnel should remain in their homes unless visiting essential services (doctor, grocery store, etc).

I'm considered "media" since I work for an local magazine, so I'm able to go pretty much anywhere I want, assuming it's not closed. For instance, I can't go to the beach or the local fishing pier, as those considered closed and off limits. This past week I've driven into downtown St. Augustine, which is always bustling until the bars close, and it's been deserted. It's almost creepy walking down the main drag in town and nobody is out and about.

This is a shot I took around 9:30pm on Wednesday, before the start of the "stay at home" order. It shows Cathedral Street and the Bridge of Lions. Under normal circumstances you'd have a slim chance of finding a parking spot on this street at that time of the evening. The bridge always has traffic passing over it, but I could've laid down and taken a nap on it Wednesday night:

[IMG]

And, just for fun, at the suggestion of a friend I'm going to shave off my goatee. I'll then post a photo a day to social media, staying unshaven until I can go to a bar and order a Martini.

Here in Maryland we're about four days into our official statewide stay at home order. I'm gonna run up to Wawa, buy some cigarettes, hit the liquor store to replenish dwindling White Russian ingredients, and then go for another hike in the local county park on the Bay. So much for house arrest . . .

[IMG]

Here in Maryland we're about four days into our official statewide stay at home order. I'm gonna run up to Wawa, buy some cigarettes, hit the liquor store to replenish dwindling White Russian ingredients, and then go for another hike in the local county park on the Bay. So much for house arrest . . .
Parks are closed here.

I plan on going surf fishing in a bit. There's nobody on our beaches here on the Central Oregon Coast right now, especially weekdays. Public parking lots are closed, but I don't need to drive. Gonna slip some Gulp Saltwater bate onto a couple of size 6 Eagle Claws, fling 'em out, and catch a couple of toad barred surf perch like this for dinner!

alq_js_bigperch_web.jpg

I plan on going surf fishing in a bit. There's nobody on our beaches here on the Central Oregon Coast right now, especially weekdays. Public parking lots are closed, but I don't need to drive. Gonna slip some Gulp Saltwater bate onto a couple of size 6 Eagle Claws, fling 'em out, and catch a couple of toad barred surf perch like this for dinner!

alq_js_bigperch_web.jpg

Good luck and stay safe out there.

alq_js_bigperch_web.jpg

Good luck and stay safe out there.

The way I figure it, an empty beach is a whole lot safer than going grocery shopping ;)

Forum List

Back