Hot Stuff in the Bible (And I'm Not Talking about Hell!)

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Fire Used as A Heavenly Tool

1. What two sinful cities were destroyed by fire and brimstone from heaven?
2. When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness, what did they follow by night?
3. According to Daniel, who had a throne that looked like a fiery flame?
4. With what did the seraph touch the trembling Isaiah’s tongue?
5. According to the Book of Revelation, where is the place reserved for those whose names are not found in the Book of Life?
6. What did the cherubim use to guard the entrance to the Garden of Eden?
7. How and where did God first appear to Moses?
8. What strange phenomenon accompanied the plague of hail in Egypt?
9. Whose two sons were devoured by fire for making an improper offering to the Lord?
10. How did God deal with the Israelites who were complaining about their misfortunes in the wilderness?
11. Who was transported to Heaven in a flaming chariot driven by horses of fire?
12. How did Elijah respond to an army captain’s summons to present himself to King Ahaziah?
13. In answer to Elijah’s prayer, where did fire from the Lord consume both the sacrifice and the altar?
14. Who declared that God is a consuming fire?
15. Where will fire and brimstone rain down on the attackers of Israel in the last days?

Answers posted on Thursday.

1. What two sinful cities were destroyed by fire and brimstone from heaven?
2. When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness, what did they follow by night?
3. According to Daniel, who had a throne that looked like a fiery flame?
4. With what did the seraph touch the trembling Isaiah’s tongue?
5. According to the Book of Revelation, where is the place reserved for those whose names are not found in the Book of Life?
6. What did the cherubim use to guard the entrance to the Garden of Eden?
7. How and where did God first appear to Moses?
8. What strange phenomenon accompanied the plague of hail in Egypt?
9. Whose two sons were devoured by fire for making an improper offering to the Lord?
10. How did God deal with the Israelites who were complaining about their misfortunes in the wilderness?
11. Who was transported to Heaven in a flaming chariot driven by horses of fire?
12. How did Elijah respond to an army captain’s summons to present himself to King Ahaziah?
13. In answer to Elijah’s prayer, where did fire from the Lord consume both the sacrifice and the altar?
14. Who declared that God is a consuming fire?
15. Where will fire and brimstone rain down on the attackers of Israel in the last days?

1. Sodom And Gammorah
2. A pillar of fire
3. It was the Ancient of Days, which is yet another name for Jehovah, the God claimed by Christianity and Judaism.
4. A hot coal
5. The Lake of Fire
6. A flaming sword
7. As a bush in the wilderness that was on fire but did not burn (or, in some translations, burned, but was not consumed)
8. Fire where the hail hit (I'm catching a theme here)
9. Aaron, the first high priest
10. At which juncture? Usually, it was by giving them what they thought they wanted in a way they didn't want to teach them a lesson, like the time they were practically drowned by pheasants. I'm assuming this one involved fire, but I can't recall that one in particular.
11. Elijah the prophet, one of only two people to never die.
12. He called down fire from heaven, killing them all.
13. Mt. Carmel, but you failed to mention that it also consumed the water and dust around the alter.
14. This one, I don't know (*sniff)
15. Megiddo, a.k.a. Armageddon

I got some questions (though these have nothing to do with fire):

1.) How much is a woman worth according to the Old Testament?
2.) How much is a man?
3.) What is the penalty for a person who rapes a woman who is not gagged?
4.) Same question, but woman is gagged?
5.) What does Jesus say about slavery?

I got some questions:

1.) How much is a woman worth according to the Old Testament?
2.) How much is a man?
3.) What is the penalty for a person who rapes a woman who is not gagged?
4.) Same question, but woman is gagged?
5.) What does Jesus say about slavery?

1. No value is specified, though I'm sure you're referring to the hefty sum of silver that must be paid to the family of a violated woman.
2. Again, no value is specified.
3. It depends. If she isn't gagged and is within earshot of any populated area, it is her responsibility to cry for help. If she doesn't cry out, then it must be assumed that she is consenting and the two are both stoned for fornication.
4. If she cannot cry out for whatever reason, then the man must marry her and pay a hefty sum to her father as compensation.
5. That a slave should obey his master and that any man owning slaves must release them on the sabbath year.

1. No value is specified, though I'm sure you're referring to the hefty sum of silver that must be paid to the family of a violated woman.
2. Again, no value is specified.
3. It depends. If she isn't gagged and is within earshot of any populated area, it is her responsibility to cry for help. If she doesn't cry out, then it must be assumed that she is consenting and the two are both stoned for fornication.
4. If she cannot cry out for whatever reason, then the man must marry her and pay a hefty sum to her father as compensation.
5. That a slave should obey his master and that any man owning slaves must release them on the sabbath year.
You got 3 out of 5.

A woman is worth 5 sheckels and a man is worth 10.

Great job, Hobbit! The next time I bring a Bible quiz to the board, I'll try to find one that will be more challenging to you.

Answers:
1. Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24)
2. A pillar of fire (exodus 13:21)
3. The Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9)
4. A live coal from the altar (Isaiah 6:6)
5. A lake of fire and brimstone (Rev. 20)
6. A flaming sword (Gen. 3:24)
7. In a burning bush on Mt. Horeb (Exodus 3:2)
8. Fire that ran along the ground (Exodus 9:23)
9. Aaron (Lev. 10:1-2)
10. His fire devoured them (Num. 11:1-3)
11. Elijah (2 Kings 2:11)
12. He called down fire from heaven on the captain and his men. (2 Kings 1:9-12)
13. Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18-16-40)
14. Moses (Deut. 4:24), the Apostle Paul (Heb. 12:29)
15. In Israel (Ezek. 38:22)

1. What two sinful cities were destroyed by fire and brimstone from heaven? Sodom and Gamorrah
2. When the Israelites were wandering in the wilderness, what did they follow by night? A pillar of fire
3. According to Daniel, who had a throne that looked like a fiery flame? I'll guess that God did
4. With what did the seraph touch the trembling Isaiah’s tongue? A hot coal
5. According to the Book of Revelation, where is the place reserved for those whose names are not found in the Book of Life? Lake of Fire
6. What did the cherubim use to guard the entrance to the Garden of Eden? A flaming sword
7. How and where did God first appear to Moses? A burning bush
8. What strange phenomenon accompanied the plague of hail in Egypt? It was burning hot
9. Whose two sons were devoured by fire for making an improper offering to the Lord? Aaron?
10. How did God deal with the Israelites who were complaining about their misfortunes in the wilderness? Wasn't it poisonous snakes?
11. Who was transported to Heaven in a flaming chariot driven by horses of fire? Elijan
12. How did Elijah respond to an army captain’s summons to present himself to King Ahaziah? Don't know
13. In answer to Elijah’s prayer, where did fire from the Lord consume both the sacrifice and the altar? Was it Mount Carmel?
14. Who declared that God is a consuming fire? Don't know
15. Where will fire and brimstone rain down on the attackers of Israel in the last days? I'll guess Megiddo

Forum List

Back