'Hot Mic' Catches UN Disbelief at Anti-Israel Stance

Sweet_Caroline

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2013

Video: A UN interpreter, unaware that her microphone was still on, expresses shock at the UN's insistence on condemning Israel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CflHEGP-GjM]Hot mic catches UN interpreter saying anti Israel votes are 'a bit much' - YouTube[/ame]

UN interpreter's candid outrage: 9 anti-Israel resolutions are 'a bit much'
Spanish-English translator voices disbelief at disproportionate number resolutions condemning Israel - before realizing her mic is still on.

Israel has long claimed that it is being discriminated against at the United Nations, lamenting that the global body obsessively deals with Israeli matters while neglecting human rights violations in the Arab world, the civil war in Syria and the persecution of homosexuals in Iran, among other global injustices.

But on Thursday 14 November, as the General Assembly convened to adopt no less than nine resolutions condemning Israel, it wasn't the Israeli envoy who voiced outrage -- but an interpreter translating from Spanish to English.

At one point during the meeting the woman stopped her simultaneous translation of a representative's remarks to express indignation over the course the meeting had taken.
"I mean, I think when you have five statements, not five, like a total of ten resolutions on Israel and Palestine, there's gotta be something, c'est un peu trop, non? [It's a bit much, no?] I mean I know... There's other really bad shit happening [around the world], but no one says anything, about the other stuff," she said.

The resolutions, which were passed by a large margin, dealt with Israel's occupation of the West Bank, the Palestinian refugees , the Golan Heights and other issues.

No resolutions concerning other global issues were adopted during the meeting.

A few seconds into her rant the interpreter realized that her remarks, evidently directed at a colleague, were heard by the diplomats in attendance, some of whom couldn't help but snicker.

A Geneva-based organization, UN Watch, caught the mishap and posted it on social media sites, as did Israel's UN mission, causing the video to go viral -- to the Israeli Foreign Ministry's delight.

Another one.

Banned Speech: Hillel Neuer Takes on U.N. Human Rights Council

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhWgZu6tcZU]Banned Speech: Hillel Neuer Takes on U.N. Human Rights Council - YouTube[/ame]

Video: A UN interpreter, unaware that her microphone was still on, expresses shock at the UN's insistence on condemning Israel.

Hot mic catches UN interpreter saying anti Israel votes are 'a bit much' - YouTube

Spanish-English translator voices disbelief at disproportionate number resolutions condemning Israel - before realizing her mic is still on.

Israel has long claimed that it is being discriminated against at the United Nations, lamenting that the global body obsessively deals with Israeli matters while neglecting human rights violations in the Arab world, the civil war in Syria and the persecution of homosexuals in Iran, among other global injustices.

But on Thursday 14 November, as the General Assembly convened to adopt no less than nine resolutions condemning Israel, it wasn't the Israeli envoy who voiced outrage -- but an interpreter translating from Spanish to English.

At one point during the meeting the woman stopped her simultaneous translation of a representative's remarks to express indignation over the course the meeting had taken.
"I mean, I think when you have five statements, not five, like a total of ten resolutions on Israel and Palestine, there's gotta be something, c'est un peu trop, non? [It's a bit much, no?] I mean I know... There's other really bad shit happening [around the world], but no one says anything, about the other stuff," she said.

The resolutions, which were passed by a large margin, dealt with Israel's occupation of the West Bank, the Palestinian refugees , the Golan Heights and other issues.

A few seconds into her rant the interpreter realized that her remarks, evidently directed at a colleague, were heard by the diplomats in attendance, some of whom couldn't help but snicker.

A Geneva-based organization, UN Watch, caught the mishap and posted it on social media sites, as did Israel's UN mission, causing the video to go viral -- to the Israeli Foreign Ministry's delight.

It is incredible that Israel, which calls itself the only western democracy complains to the world that other countries too commit political and humanitarian atrocities and therefore should be given slack and get off the hook!

Israel gets no slack because it is a state built on lies and glaring hypocrisies.

Everyone can see that.

Hot mic catches UN interpreter saying anti Israel votes are 'a bit much' - YouTube

It is incredible that Israel, which calls itself the only western democracy complains to the world that other countries too commit political and humanitarian atrocities and therefore should be given slack and get off the hook!

Israel gets no slack because it is a state built on lies and glaring hypocrisies.

Everyone can see that.

Everyone cannot see that. Israel is condemned unfairly because of the make-up of the UN. Thanks to Eye on the UN and UN Watch everyone can see that now.

UN Watch | Monitoring the UN, Promoting Human Rights - UN Watch

EYE on the UN

Everyone can see that.

Everyone cannot see that. Israel is condemned unfairly because of the make-up of the UN. Thanks to Eye on the UN and UN Watch everyone can see that now.

EYE on the UN

Always crying the victim when in fact Israel is the perpetrator of many crimes in their occupation of the Palestinian People...This is not what the original Zionists wanted...

The World via the UN has not changed, Israel has!

Last edited:

Everyone can see that.

EYE on the UN

Always crying the victim when in fact Israel is the perpetrators of many crimes in their occupation of the Palestinian People...This is not what the original Zionists wanted...

In the dreams of leftists and antisemites. Not in the real world.

EYE on the UN

Always crying the victim when in fact Israel is the perpetrators of many crimes in their occupation of the Palestinian People...This is not what the original Zionists wanted...

In the real world, polls have consistently shown that Israel is less liked than Iran, and N. Korea...Israel would be better to understand that the World Community is not going to allow her land thefts. That became pretty obvious when the UN voted to recognize Palestine to the 67 borders...

Israel's right wing policies are, her-own undoing.

Last edited:

In the real world, polls have consistently shown that Israel is less liked than Iran, and N. Korea Israel would be better to understand that the World Community is not going to allow her land thefts. That became pretty obvious when the UN voted to recognize Palestine to the 67 borders...

The UN is a complete joke. That is what this string is about. Keep up.

The UN has no right to tell Israel what she can and cannot do. The area known as the West Bank is totally and legally Israel's, recaptured from Jordan in 1967 when Jordan attacked Israel in 1949.

In the real world, polls have consistently shown that Israel is less liked than Iran, and N. Korea Israel would be better to understand that the World Community is not going to allow her land thefts. That became pretty obvious when the UN voted to recognize Palestine to the 67 borders...

The UN has no right to tell Israel what she can and cannot do. The area known as the West Bank is totally and legally Israel's, recaptured from Jordan in 1967 when Jordan attacked Israel in 1949.

Rather than your stand-up comedy act, why not provide some linked proof that the UN is a joke? Especially since Israel's best friend in the world does not support its settlement building...Israel is working against American Interests to stabilize the region....

Last edited:

Rather than your stand-up comedy act, why not provide some linked proof that the UN is a joke? Especially since Israel's best friend in the world does not support its settlement building...Israel is working against American Interests to stabilize the region....

UN Resolutions are not legally binding (unless all sides agree) and I have put a couple of videos in my first two posts above to show the UN is a farce. Israel has no obligation to adhere to any UN Resolution which contradicts the San Remo Mandate which entitles Israel to the land of Israel, including Judea and Samaria, as a designated Jewish state. The arabs were given surrounding countries and the Jews given the area of Israel, and in fact even the area of Jordan.

UN Resolutions are not legally binding (unless all sides agree) and I have put a couple of videos in my first two posts above to show the UN is a farce. Israel has no obligation to adhere to any UN Resolution which contradicts the San Remo Mandate which entitles Israel to the land of Israel, including Judea and Samaria, as a designated Jewish state. The arabs were given surrounding countries and the Jews given the area of Israel, and in fact even the area of Jordan.

As you can see folks, Israel is a Law unto itself... A Religious dictatorship which
her messengers declare her ownership of Eretz Israel, is a Divine gift, and taking it by force is their Divine Right...

These are the Jihadist Zionists...

As you can see folks, Israel is a Law unto itself... A Religious dictatorship which
her messengers declare her ownership of Eretz Israel, is a Divine gift, and taking it by force is their Divine Right...

Critics such as Israeli diplomat Dore Gold, legal scholar Alan Dershowitz, Australian politician Mark Dreyfus, and the Anti-Defamation League consider UN attention to Israel's treatment of Palestinians to be excessive.[119]

According to scholar Robert S. Wistrich, "a third of all critical resolutions passed by [the UN] Human Rights Commission during the past forty years have been directed exclusively at Israel.

By way of comparison, there has not been a single resolution even mentioning the massive violations of human rights in China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Syria, or Zimbabwe."[120]

United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Critics such as Israeli diplomat Dore Gold, legal scholar Alan Dershowitz, Australian politician Mark Dreyfus, and the Anti-Defamation League consider UN attention to Israel's treatment of Palestinians to be excessive.[119]

According to scholar Robert S. Wistrich, "a third of all critical resolutions passed by [the UN] Human Rights Commission during the past forty years have been directed exclusively at Israel.

By way of comparison, there has not been a single resolution even mentioning the massive violations of human rights in China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Syria, or Zimbabwe."[120]

Dershowitz, blah blah blah...I find it incredible that you pen the names that are so Israeli biased, that I can barely hold my belly from exploding with laughter...

You have been blinded from the truth...Israel in the last forty years has been a model of aggressive Nationalism at the expense of a less developed Area by taking and occupying the land of un-armed civilians...

Everyone sees that.

Dershowitz, blah blah blah...I find it incredible that you pen the names that are so Israeli biased, that I can barely hold my belly from exploding with laughter...

You have been blinded from the truth...Israel in the last forty years has been a model of aggressive Nationalism at the expense of a less developed Area by taking and occupying the land of un-armed civilians...

Everyone sees that.

Do you not get the point? The UN is biased against Israel. I showed you above, in large print, bold and blue. The land of Israel has been given to the Jews. It is a tiny strip of land and the Muslims have 20 countries they can call their own. This string is about UN bias against Israel. If you want to discuss other matters do a thread search. I am sure you will find your niche elsewhere.

Everyone sees that.

Do you not get the point? The UN is biased against Israel. I showed you above, in large print, bold and blue. The land of Israel has been given to the Jews. It is a tiny strip of land and the Muslims have 20 countries they can call their own. This string is about UN bias against Israel. If you want to discuss other matters do a thread search. I am sure you will find your niche elsewhere.
I do get the point. You expect the world community to accept Religious Malarkey as a legal justification for Israel's annexations...

That's Quackery.

Everyone sees that.

I do get the point. You expect the world community to accept Religious Malarkey as a legal justification for Israel's annexations...

That's Quackery.

I don't expect it - the League of Nations voted on it. It's over, done and dusted. Stop whining.

That's Quackery.

I don't expect it - the League of Nations voted on it. It's over, done and dusted. Stop whining.

No one is whining, Its not over, the war of attrition will continue unless Israeli Hawks allow the two state solution to move forward through the UN...

Then Israel will become Legitimate.

That's Quackery.

No one is whining, Its not over, the war of attrition will continue unless Israeli Hawks allow the two state solution to move forward through the UN...

Then Israel will become Legitimate.

Let's see what happens then. :lol:

Forum List

Back