Hostile Workplace

*cues Jeopardy game show theme music*

Still waiting to hear why giving women the low paying jobs and men the high paying jobs makes it all better.

Would you like a binder to read while you wait? (Holy shit! This is good for everything.)

From the article linked in the OP:
According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

Do you know how this median amount was obtained? You take every employee, without regard to their professional role, based purely on gender, and find the center point between the highest and lowest paid employees.

It's total rubbish. You can't compare the salaries of secretaries and executive directors and conclude gender bias.

You can only do a true comparison by looking at the position and educational background of employees, and comparing like to like.

Jesus Christ, is there any limit to the nearly endless stupidity on this board?

This is precisely the problem with the meaningless Bureau of Labor Statistics number that women earn $.77 for every dollar that men earn.

So what you are saying is that the Obama White House gave low paying jobs to women and high paying jobs to men.

And this makes it all better...how?

No. That's not what I said. Maybe you should try again.

Try this post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/255066-hostile-workplace-2.html#post6179353

It has pictures.

Last edited:
I am voting Romney, but I hate when our side does this.

I am very unhappy that MR is being attacked for the "binders" remark. That was neither sexist nor insensitive. Those who attack it from the left are no better than the Tea Party fools on our side.

Mitt Romney didn't know a single woman who was qualified to serve in his cabinet, and you don't consider him sexist? Mitt Romney thinks women's issues can be distilled down to "needs to get home in time to cook dinner."

What a maroon.

He didn't say he didn't know any you fucking Hack. He said none had applied to be in his Cabinet.

God you fucking Propagandist Fucks disgust me, why don't you go wish death on someone or something.

Oh wait, already did.

You're misquoting Mitt. Do you need a tissue?

From the article linked in the OP:

Do you know how this median amount was obtained? You take every employee, without regard to their professional role, based purely on gender, and find the center point between the highest and lowest paid employees.

It's total rubbish. You can't compare the salaries of secretaries and executive directors and conclude gender bias.

You can only do a true comparison by looking at the position and educational background of employees, and comparing like to like.

Jesus Christ, is there any limit to the nearly endless stupidity on this board?

This is precisely the problem with the meaningless Bureau of Labor Statistics number that women earn $.77 for every dollar that men earn.

So what you are saying is that the Obama White House gave low paying jobs to women and high paying jobs to men.

Try this post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/255066-hostile-workplace-2.html#post6179353

It has pictures.

No, that is exactly what you are saying. Your explanation is that women were given lower paying jobs. As plain and simple as that:

"You can't compare the salaries of secretaries and executive directors and conclude gender bias."

Please explain how giving the secretary jobs to women and the executive director jobs to men makes it all better.

I'll be waiting over here, perusing this binder.

Last edited:
It's not gender bias if we gave women most of the lower paying positions and men most of the higher paying positions!!! :mad:

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Last edited:
g5000 is arguing for a communist state where all workers are equal.

Alright, Comrade g5000.

Alright, Comrade g5000.

No. I am exposing the gender bias in Obama's Administration to those who deny it exists. According to catzmeow, the women are earning less because they have been given most of the lower paying positions and the men have been given most of the higher paying positions. If that is not the very "gender bias" of which the left rants against, I don't know what is. That's the infamous "glass ceiling".

They are guilty of the very "gender bias" they accuse Romney of, and yet Romney had the highest number of women in high paying positions than any other governor.

Last edited:
Yes, you are, Comrade g5000, arguing for a state of equality based on gender not on competence. You have to make a much better argument with internal stats to make your point. You have not even come close.

Alright, Comrade g5000.

No. I am exposing the hypocrisy of the Obama Administration. They pay women less by giving them most of the lower paying positions and giving men most of the higher paying positions.

They are guilty of the very "gender bias" they accuse Romney of, and yet Romney had the highest number of women in high paying positions than any other governor.

Hostile Workplace​

Obama White House pays women less than men, records show

BY: Andrew Stiles
April 11, 2012

[excerpt]
Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

Calculating the median salary for each gender required some assumptions to be made based on the employee names. When unclear, every effort was taken to determine the appropriate gender.

The Obama campaign on Wednesday lashed out at presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for his failure to immediately endorse the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, a controversial law enacted in 2009 that made it easier to file discrimination lawsuits.

President Obama has frequently criticized the gender pay gap, such as the one that exists in White House.

“Paycheck discrimination hurts families who lose out on badly needed income,” he said in a July 2010 statement. “And with so many families depending on women’s wages, it hurts the American economy as a whole.”

Read more: Hostile Workplace | Washington Free Beacon

Federal jobs, if the job description and time in position are the same...the pay IS the same. Is that taken into consideration? OR are GS-11s with 15 years in being compared with GS-13s with 20 years in?

Answer that one first, please.

No one has correlated the claim against "equal pay equal work".

Buncha creep whining until that happens.

Male and female staffers earn the same wages for the same level of work: 2011 Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff | The White House

I wonder what stats will be misrepresented next.

Sort that table by salary. The top salary is $172,200.

21 people are paid that salary.

14 of them are men.

So 2/3 of the highest paid White House jobs are occupied by men.

29 of the next 50 are also occupied by men.

When you start from the lowest salaries and start looking up the names, you find a lot of minorities and women.

Last edited:
Comrade g5000 is arguing for mediocratocracy not meritocracy.

Typical lefty communist.-

Nancy Pelosi obviously has a War on Women.

“According to publicly available salary data at the website Legistorm, Pelosi’s female employees earned an average annual salary of $96,394 in fiscal year 2011. Male employees earned $123,000 on average, a difference of 27.6 percent.”

Like most Leftists, this product of the Baltimore scandal ridden City Hall (her father was an ethical challenged Mayor of that town) and the radicalism of San Fran, Pelosi who denounces Republicans as “women haters” herself hates women so much she refuses to pay them as much as she pays men. No excuse about jobs being different, etc—Nancy is your typical Leftist sexist. What do you think is her excuse?

Hmm. seems to be a Liberal Marxist thing.

Male and female staffers earn the same wages for the same level of work: 2011 Annual Report to Congress on White House Staff | The White House

14 of them are men.

When you start from the lowest salaries and start looking up the names, you find a lot of minorities and women.

You know that the same level of GS and time in grade gives the same pay no matter your gender, right? Complaints of pay inequality are about men and women in the same job getting paid differently. You knew that, right?

It has pictures.

No, that is exactly what you are saying. Your explanation is that women were given lower paying jobs. As plain and simple as that:

"You can't compare the salaries of secretaries and executive directors and conclude gender bias."

Please explain how giving the secretary jobs to women and the executive director jobs to men makes it all better.

I'll be waiting over here, perusing this binder.

Why are you focusing on a single post and not on the other posts in this thread where I specifically tried to explain why a median salary analysis was a shitty methodology to address issues of gender bias? Your ignorance of them is conspicuous.

14 of them are men.

What percentage of people who work as secretaries and administrative assistants are women, do you think? Do you think evil men forced them to do those jobs, or do you think they self-selected those positions?

No. I am exposing the gender bias in Obama's Administration to those who deny it exists. According to catzmeow, the women are earning less because they have been given most of the lower paying positions and the men have been given most of the higher paying positions. If that is not the very "gender bias" of which the left rants against, I don't know what is. That's the infamous "glass ceiling".

I don't think you know what a glass ceiling means...a glass ceiling is a point which women can't get past in terms of rank and leadership in an administration. If you look at the salaries, you'll find that 30% of the highest paid people in the office are women, and they earn exactly the same salary as the men. That's not a glass ceiling.

Did you miss the comparison I provided from the fortune 500 companies? I know you didn't, because I gave you a link right to it. And yet, you're pretending like it doesn't exist.

The Obama White House employs twice as many women at the top positions of leadership as the average fortune 500 corporation does. My comment--as a successful woman--would be that jobs at the top of the food chain are demanding, and not all women want to work there. There are a lot of trade-offs for people who get into those positions, and they end up not having much of a home life. Given the role that women still play in our society, I'm not at all surprised that women are somewhat outnumbered in the top echelon anywhere. Of the girls I went to college with, few of them have made it as far as I have, professionally. Many took off time from work to raise kids, about half of my sorority sisters are SAHMs. I am one of about 3 girls out of over 100 that has worked full-time in a demanding field for all 25 years since we graduated from college.

But, let's go farther with your premise.
Are you suggesting that Obama should have put a quota system into place to ensure a 50/50 gender split in his staff?

Last edited:
Nancy Pelosi obviously has a War on Women.

“According to publicly available salary data at the website Legistorm, Pelosi’s female employees earned an average annual salary of $96,394 in fiscal year 2011. Male employees earned $123,000 on average, a difference of 27.6 percent.”

Like most Leftists, this product of the Baltimore scandal ridden City Hall (her father was an ethical challenged Mayor of that town) and the radicalism of San Fran, Pelosi who denounces Republicans as “women haters” herself hates women so much she refuses to pay them as much as she pays men. No excuse about jobs being different, etc—Nancy is your typical Leftist sexist. What do you think is her excuse?

Hmm. seems to be a Liberal Marxist thing.

So...the women who are doing the same job at the same GS level and at the same time in grade are getting paid less than the men? That's illegal in government service.

Mitt Romney didn't know a single woman who was qualified to serve in his cabinet, and you don't consider him sexist? Mitt Romney thinks women's issues can be distilled down to "needs to get home in time to cook dinner."

What a maroon.

He didn't say he didn't know any you fucking Hack. He said none had applied to be in his Cabinet.

God you fucking Propagandist Fucks disgust me, why don't you go wish death on someone or something.

Oh wait, already did.

You're misquoting Mitt. Do you need a tissue?

This from the Intolerant ass who wishes I would "die in a Fire"

Mitt romney is a walking creep. He lies and hides his true feelings. If he wins many Americans will die in endless wars for profit

Typical Lib; It's so unAmerican for a company to make a profit. I'll bet you also think it's wrong for the owner of the company to make more than the employees he hires.

oh I see Im dealing with a tea party person. No need to respond. You just need a white face in the Whitehouse
4537262458_50b8b690df.jpg

Welcome to USMB, retard.

Forum List

Back