Hospital Systems begging for more Covid Welfare

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
My daughter was born at the original Kaiser hospital. That was when it was for Kaiser Steel employees. We received the best care available anywhere in the country at that time and I had a wonderful doctor who really cared about his patients. Sadly like many good doctors have done since Obama care took over he quit and soon after retired once corporate entities took over the hospital. Greedy bastards has royally screwed this country since the legislators decided that they would allow corporates and bankster types take control. Kaiser turned into a welfare and SSI hospital and then they started doing test studies because they had all those poor people they could work with.

A lot of propaganda at this site so use good discernment while reading through it all.

Representatives urge payer CEOs to maintain COVID-19 treatment waivers

Ten Democratic members of the U.S. House of Representatives cosigned a letter to the CEOs of three leading health insurers on Friday pushing back on the companies’ decisions to end waivers for COVID-19 treatment.

Citing a Kaiser Health News report and other media investigations, the lawmakers wrote that Anthem, UnitedHealth and Aetna/CVS Health had each shifted away from cost sharing in the early months of 2021.

The decisions could be “catastrophic” for patients, they wrote, with millions facing medical cost-related financial hardships and the high costs of both outpatient and inpatient COVID-19 care. They said that these individual challenges are in stark contrast with payers’ 2020 earnings where revenue and profits rose due to lowered care utilization—and CEOs continued to bring home millions in compensation.

“Now is not the time to put profits before the wellbeing of the people in this country, and your respective decisions to roll back cost-sharing waivers for the treatment of this virus do just that,” the legislators wrote in the letter. “Insurers have weathered the economic crisis wrought by the pandemic far better than many other large and small companies, and we ask you to use those profits to help protect patients rather than harm them.”

I have Anthem and my rate increase last year was tiny and I got 2 refund checks because of the underutilization. subscribers benefited too from the savings.

OP:

Hospital Systems begging for more Covid Welfare​

This just might be one of the problems, the uninsured in the states with the highest surge amount. At some point they need the welfare or turn them away.

That was part of ACA

Irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The insured are benefiting as well from the underutilization due to COVID. There is no reason I should not pay my copays and deductibles if I have COVID but still have to pay them if I have anything else. That services were underutilized calls into question whether or not covid copays really constitute some unusual burden in so much as the insurers didn't pass those on to consumers and still had significant profits. Besides, I would hit my max annual out of pockets just rolling into the ER if they do any significant testing on me. The last time I went to the ER it cost me around $2500 out of pocket for a bag of saline, a blood panel that came back okie dokie across the board, a CT scan that apparently was only done because I have insurance, a couple pills and showing up. My yearly cap is $3800.00

Irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The insured are benefiting as well from the underutilization due to COVID. There is no reason I should not pay my copays and deductibles if I have COVID but still have to pay them if I have anything else. That services were underutilized calls into question whether or not covid copays really constitute some unusual burden in so much as the insurers didn't pass those on to consumers and still had significant profits. Besides, I would hit my max annual out of pockets just rolling into the ER if they do any significant testing on me. The last time I went to the ER it cost me around $2500 out of pocket for a bag of saline, a blood panel that came back okie dokie across the board, a CT scan that apparently was only done because I have insurance, a couple pills and showing up. My yearly cap is $3800.00
It's not irrelevant to what you said about receiving a rebate, it was written into law with the ACA.

Forum List

Back