Hoping Racists Are Wrong -- But Fearing They're Right

Working link:

American Renaissance: Racists or Diagnosticians? | The Occidental Quarterly

Racism is in bad odor among the virtuous. I wonder why. At least, I wonder why any discussion of race is thought to be racism. The United States faces grave racial problems—more accurately, has them but doesn’t face them. Refusal to acknowledge their existence is not productive: Few problems are solved by forbidding their mention. The question should not be whether views are racist, but whether they are wrong.

American Renaissance, run by Jared Taylor, is quite racist in the poorly thought out and sniffish sense prevalent today. AmRen (as it is generally known) has recently gotten much bad press because it holds all manner of views whose mention results in pack attack by our arbiters of What Can Be Discussed: For example, that blacks commit violent crime at far higher rates than do whites, that massive immigration from Latin America offers no advantages to the United States but a great many evils, that affirmative action lowers the competence of government, the universities, and schools in general—and so on.

These ideas are no doubt racist, yes. Unpleasant, yes. But—are they wrong?

Last edited:
Are we saying "its tough to talk about racism with someone calling you a racist?"

more like...its impossible to acknowledge that there are different races, ethnicities and genders without being called a racist.

Working link:

American Renaissance: Racists or Diagnosticians? | The Occidental Quarterly

Racism is in bad odor among the virtuous. I wonder why. At least, I wonder why any discussion of race is thought to be racism. The United States faces grave racial problems—more accurately, has them but doesn’t face them. Refusal to acknowledge their existence is not productive: Few problems are solved by forbidding their mention. The question should not be whether views are racist, but whether they are wrong.

American Renaissance, run by Jared Taylor, is quite racist in the poorly thought out and sniffish sense prevalent today. AmRen (as it is generally known) has recently gotten much bad press because it holds all manner of views whose mention results in pack attack by our arbiters of What Can Be Discussed: For example, that blacks commit violent crime at far higher rates than do whites, that massive immigration from Latin America offers no advantages to the United States but a great many evils, that affirmative action lowers the competence of government, the universities, and schools in general—and so on.

These ideas are no doubt racist, yes. Unpleasant, yes. But—are they wrong?

Shouldn't the question be whether racist views are right? What are the positives in being a racist that makes a diverse society better?

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

When man first climbed out of the muck that created life some core piece of code claimed that the man was special and that the other men were not special. Conscious life made each of us special but soon we die, in a moment, soon, yet some persist after cleaning off the muck in their specialness. It makes them feel important and more real than they do normally. But each person goes through the same birth growth aging and sickness and death. So there is nothing special about any of us, but no one can say that, can face that, they must look at the other as the fault of all that is, and they must raise themselves up to be special. The muck is gone but the emptiness persists. Every group of immigrants who came to this country faced the same hatreds, it seems having something confers on the owner a specialness that then allows them to hate the next group to rise out of the muck, or to want a better life for them and theirs. Weird how primitive man is after a mere few thousand years. Will some future species dig up our bones and ponder the beliefs of these small dinosaurs with large heads filled with emptiness. Probably.

"Racism isn't born, folks, it's taught. I have a two-year-old son. You know what he hates? Naps!" Dennis Leary

MYTH: Affirmative action is reverse discrimination, it gives preferential treatment to people of color and women.

FACT: Racism is power plus discrimination. The parameters of discrimination based on race are distinguished by the power dynamics. Reverse racism is not, therefore a reality if people of color are not in positions of power and perpetrating the discrimination. An Urban Institute study shows that less that 100 of 3000 cases could be considered reverse discrimination. Less that six of those cases were deemed by the court to be substantiated.

Talking About Affirmative Action

'Poll: Most Americans see lingering racism -- in others' Poll: Most Americans see lingering racism -- in others - CNN.com

White affirmative action.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/When-Affirmative-Action-White-Twentieth-Century/dp/0393328511/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in Twentieth-Century America (9780393328516): Ira Katznelson: Books[/ame]

Racial grammar
Vijay Prashad: Racist Grammar

"What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator." Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

No one on the right will ever look at the big picture. It's why they shout, "We want our country back". They see blacks and gays and liberal whites being successful and it doesn't occur to them the reason they aren't is their racism, sexism, homophobia and lack of education.

BW Online | January 17, 2003 | Why Diversity Is Good Business

The nation's colleges are an essential part of the pipeline that feeds new hires to large companies. On a campus where diversity thrives, students develop an understanding of different cultures. That enables them, as tomorrow's business leaders, to "appeal to a variety of consumers" and work with colleagues and clientele from many ethnic backgrounds, the companies argued in their amicus brief to the U.S. Court of Appeals. It also creates a more competitive workforce that can "facilitate unique and creative approaches to problem-solving," the brief said. Simply put, says Bank One Corp. Chief Legal Officer Christine A. Edwards, "diversity is good business."

Diversity is Good for Business

MANY COMPANIES AND FIRMS ARE DISCOVERING that staff from different ethnic backgrounds bring valuable perspectives to the table and are effective in working with a wide spectrum of customers and clients. At the same time, businesses are finding that achieving and maintaining diversity is a complex undertaking.

Diversity is good for business, says EU survey | Pinsent Masons LLP

The second most important business benefit, cited by 38% of almost 800 firms responding to the survey, was enhancing a company's reputation and standing in the local community. And more than 26% of companies saw improvements in their capacity to create and innovate.

-------------------Republcians don't even care. Trying to give tax exempt status to racist institutions. Shameful.

Lott, Reagan and Republican Racism - TIME

Then there was Reagan's attempt, once he reached the White House in 1981, to reverse a long-standing policy of denying tax-exempt status to private schools that practice racial discrimination and grant an exemption to Bob Jones University.

Bob Jones University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The BJU science department, which supports young-earth creationism,[25] offers majors in biology, chemistry, and physics and also offers courses in astronomy. In 2008 no member of the BJU science faculty held a degree in geology,[26] and the university offered only one introductory course in the subject.[27] Although ten of the sixteen members of the science faculty have undergraduate degrees from BJU, all earned their doctorates from accredited, non-religious institutions of higher learning.[26]

No one on the right will ever look at the big picture. It's why they shout, "We want our country back". They see blacks and gays and liberal whites being successful and it doesn't occur to them the reason they aren't is their racism, sexism, homophobia and lack of education.

BW Online | January 17, 2003 | Why Diversity Is Good Business

The nation's colleges are an essential part of the pipeline that feeds new hires to large companies. On a campus where diversity thrives, students develop an understanding of different cultures. That enables them, as tomorrow's business leaders, to "appeal to a variety of consumers" and work with colleagues and clientele from many ethnic backgrounds, the companies argued in their amicus brief to the U.S. Court of Appeals. It also creates a more competitive workforce that can "facilitate unique and creative approaches to problem-solving," the brief said. Simply put, says Bank One Corp. Chief Legal Officer Christine A. Edwards, "diversity is good business."

Diversity is Good for Business

MANY COMPANIES AND FIRMS ARE DISCOVERING that staff from different ethnic backgrounds bring valuable perspectives to the table and are effective in working with a wide spectrum of customers and clients. At the same time, businesses are finding that achieving and maintaining diversity is a complex undertaking.

Diversity is good for business, says EU survey | Pinsent Masons LLP

The second most important business benefit, cited by 38% of almost 800 firms responding to the survey, was enhancing a company's reputation and standing in the local community. And more than 26% of companies saw improvements in their capacity to create and innovate.

-------------------Republcians don't even care. Trying to give tax exempt status to racist institutions. Shameful.

Lott, Reagan and Republican Racism - TIME

Then there was Reagan's attempt, once he reached the White House in 1981, to reverse a long-standing policy of denying tax-exempt status to private schools that practice racial discrimination and grant an exemption to Bob Jones University.

Bob Jones University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The BJU science department, which supports young-earth creationism,[25] offers majors in biology, chemistry, and physics and also offers courses in astronomy. In 2008 no member of the BJU science faculty held a degree in geology,[26] and the university offered only one introductory course in the subject.[27] Although ten of the sixteen members of the science faculty have undergraduate degrees from BJU, all earned their doctorates from accredited, non-religious institutions of higher learning.[26]

Yet another topic rdone doesn't know WTF he's talk about. That makes how many? Oh ... any and all ....:eusa_eh:

Yet another topic rdone doesn't know WTF he's talk about. That makes how many? Oh ... any and all ....:eusa_eh:

What was said - "that blacks commit violent crime at far higher rates than do whites, that massive immigration from Latin America offers no advantages to the United States but a great many evils, that affirmative action lowers the competence of government, the universities, and schools in general—and so on.

These ideas are no doubt racist, yes. Unpleasant, yes. But—are they wrong?"

--------------------------

And what I did was prove that "yes, they are wrong". The most prosperous, most popular communities to live in in the US are "diverse" communities. I linked numerous examples of why companies look for such communities or why they promote diversity. The links were from respected business journals. You would know that if you did any research.

I can't help it if you white wingers are dumb shits. It's not my fault. Don't get mad at me for telling the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

What was said - "that blacks commit violent crime at far higher rates than do whites, that massive immigration from Latin America offers no advantages to the United States but a great many evils, that affirmative action lowers the competence of government, the universities, and schools in general—and so on.

And what I did was prove that "yes, they are wrong". The most prosperous, most popular communities to live in in the US are "diverse" communities. I linked numerous examples of why companies look for such communities or why they promote diversity. The links were from respected business journals. You would know that if you did any research.

I can't help it if you white wingers are dumb shits. It's not my fault. Don't get mad at me for telling the truth.

Facts are racist? Racial maybe but racist? Facts are facts.

And facts are that the most popular communities and the communities where people want to live are "diverse". And facts are, "Companies look for diversity". Those are just "facts".
You can go to poor white communities and find just as much crime as any poor comunity without any diversity. And that's a fact.

Hiring Diverse Talent Is the New Imperative - Experience.com

Organizations that have invested in diversity initiatives have reaped the benefits. Take Union Bank of California, which was voted "Best Company for Minorities" by Fortune magazine in 1999. Its stock has appreciated at a 34% compound rate for the past five years. In fact, Fortune's top 50 best companies for minorities as a whole outperformed the S&P 500. No wonder other organizations are following suit.

Companies ramp up diversity like never before - USATODAY.com

Business Advantages of Diversity in the Workplace, Integrating Workers from Culturally Diverse Backgrounds

The United States Office of Employment predicts that 29 percent of the U.S. labor force will be comprised of minorities by 2008. More importantly, it estimates that from 1998 to 2008 some 41 percent of the people entering the U.S. workforce will be minorities.

And facts are that the most popular communities and the communities where people want to live are "diverse". And facts are, "Companies look for diversity". Those are just "facts".
You can go to poor white communities and find just as much crime as any poor comunity without any diversity. And that's a fact.

Hiring Diverse Talent Is the New Imperative - Experience.com

Organizations that have invested in diversity initiatives have reaped the benefits. Take Union Bank of California, which was voted "Best Company for Minorities" by Fortune magazine in 1999. Its stock has appreciated at a 34% compound rate for the past five years. In fact, Fortune's top 50 best companies for minorities as a whole outperformed the S&P 500. No wonder other organizations are following suit.

Companies ramp up diversity like never before - USATODAY.com

Business Advantages of Diversity in the Workplace, Integrating Workers from Culturally Diverse Backgrounds

The United States Office of Employment predicts that 29 percent of the U.S. labor force will be comprised of minorities by 2008. More importantly, it estimates that from 1998 to 2008 some 41 percent of the people entering the U.S. workforce will be minorities.

I just read an article about a study that showed culturally diverse neighborhoods are actually less safe because there are less "neighborly" relations. Such as watching eachother's houses and just basic recognition of eachother, (not knowing the difference between people that belong there and those that don't). Not due to hatred, just lack of common interests.

It was stated by the author that many researchers results were squashed by their superiors. Trying to find it, when i do I will post it for ya.

yes, there has been quite a bit of research showing diverse neighbourhoods being less involved. 'bowling alone' and all that.

back when the UofMich was in the news for affirmative action there was a study of the students there asking their opinion about how useful/necessary diversity was on campus. first year students were very positive about it, and then there was a steep drop off of support the longer a student was attending.

its funny how the negatives can be precisely defined and quantified but the positives are only fuzzy concepts that defy actual measurement.

yes, there has been quite a bit of research showing diverse neighbourhoods being less involved. 'bowling alone' and all that.

back when the UofMich was in the news for affirmative action there was a study of the students there asking their opinion about how useful/necessary diversity was on campus. first year students were very positive about it, and then there was a steep drop off of support the longer a student was attending.

its funny how the negatives can be precisely defined and quantified but the positives are only fuzzy concepts that defy actual measurement.

Fuzzy "rose" colored concepts. :lol: Everyone getting along and appreciating one another always sounds good for sure.

Australian society works a bit different in this regard than American, race is not as important as Tall Poppy envy. I live in one of the poorer burbs in Perth and we have one of the lowest burglary rates in the city.

Why? Because all the burglars live here and will not rob their own, they go to where the money is.

It is sort of like living with Fagan on a quarter acre block.

Forum List

Back