Hoo-boy....New Orleans dispatching civilians to crime scenes? What could possibly go wrong?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013

What a totally boneheaded idea.
If New Orleans has lost control of it's streets then the Governor should dispatch units of state troopers billed to the idiots who caused all of this in the first place.

If New Orleans has lost control of it's streets then the Governor should dispatch units of state troopers billed to the idiots who caused all of this in the first place.

Yep, the Governor needs to take charge.

Better yet, close NO off and let the sea reclaim it.

Well, it's been done in the past.
Sherriffs used to deputize citizens when they were in need of extra officers.

If they vet the citizens beforehand and they check out squeaky clean, then I don't see the problem.

If they take volunteers, then they ARE advised upfront what their duties will be and what possible scenarios they could encounter.

Well, it's been done in the past.
Sherriffs used to deputize citizens when they were in need of extra officers.

If they vet the citizens beforehand and they check out squeaky clean, then I don't see the problem.

If they take volunteers, then they ARE advised upfront what their duties will be and what possible scenarios they could encounter.
And when a White Man who is deputized shoots a Black Man who he sees as a dangerous criminal then what?....

When an overzealous soccer mom frivolously hands out traffic tickets? Then what?

When a junior G-man shows up to a crime scene and screws up all the evidence...then What?

I dunno...this is not gunsmoke Johnny boy....

Jo

Mowing down knee grow scum would be nice and real help. Hell, many blacks would love to eliminate knee grow scum that makes their lives hell.

And when a White Man who is deputized shoots a Black Man who he sees as a dangerous criminal then what?....

When an overzealous soccer mom frivolously hands out traffic tickets? Then what?

When a junior G-man shows up to a crime scene and screws up all the evidence...then What?

Jo

Junior deputies are given specific duties that don't involve using a gun or writing tickets. They don't have that power, unless they are strictly authorized by the sherriff to do just that, which is a rare occurrance.

Think of them as cop wanna-be's. They might wear the badge, but thats about it. They can make a citizens arrest, and hold the perp there....possibly even handcuff, but as far as I know, they aren't allowed to have guns or write tickets. They are usually just there to help "herd" people or to keep people away from a situation.

Junior deputies are given specific duties that don't involve using a gun or writing tickets. They don't have that power, unless they are strictly authorized by the sherriff to do just that, which is a rare occurrance.

Think of them as cop wanna-be's. They might wear the badge, but thats about it. They can make a citizens arrest, and hold the perp there....possibly even handcuff, but as far as I know, they aren't allowed to have guns or write tickets. They are usually just there to help "herd" people or to keep people away from a situation.

Yeah, no thanks.

New Orleans Mayor - Democrat
LaToya Cantrell

52211672879_64e7298b61_z.jpg

New Orleans Superintendent of Police - Sounds more Important that Police Chief
Democrat appointed by a Democrat
Shuan D Ferguson

52211377966_e57677e84c.jpg

New Orleans District Attorney - Democrat
Jason Wilson

52387044701_1fe2a31a77_z.jpg

Holy chicken and sausage gumbo folks ...
It's not like they have some kind of trend going on there ... Don't know what the problem could be ... :auiqs.jpg:

Or if a deputized black man shoots some white man who he saw as a dangerous criminal?
I wonder if anyone is deputized to issue tickets?

Or if a regular deputy screws up a crime scene or fouls up the chain of custody? Oh nosies! Same result.

Jo
Yeah. But these things always been an issue when a local law enforcement officer (especially a sheriff) deputizes any civilian to provide extra needed manpower.

Hope so......I don't see any upside to it frankly.

Or if a deputized black man shoots some white man who he saw as a dangerous criminal?

I wonder if anyone is deputized to issue tickets?

Or if a regular deputy screws up a crime scene or fouls up the chain of custody? Oh nosies! Same result.

Yeah. But these things always been an issue when a local law enforcement officer (especially a sheriff) deputizes any civilian to provide extra needed manpower.
Maybe when they hunted down Billy the kid?

The people being dispatched to crime scenes aren't police substitutes. They are social workers who are supposed to soothe, understand and provide emotional support to the criminal.

Forum List

Back