"Honor Killing" In Chicago

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I've been watching this a bit, seems like some think S'haria is already here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/illinois/chi-ap-il-chicagoslayings,1,6541534,print.story

Police: Man attacked family because he felt ``disrespected''
Advertisement

By MEGAN REICHGOTT
Associated Press Writer

February 19, 2007, 4:56 PM CST

CHICAGO -- An unemployed Iranian refugee told police that his wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law had "disrespected" and insulted him before he bludgeoned them with a 3-pound hammer and stabbed them to death, authorities said Monday.

Daryoush Ebrahimi, 55, told investigators after the attacks that "the women had disrespected him and told him he was not a man," Assistant State's Attorney Sanju Oommen said.

A judge denied bond on Monday for Ebrahimi, who was charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife, Karmin Koshabeh, 44; his sister-in-law, Karolin Khooshabeh, 40; and his 60-year-old mother-in-law, Ileshvah Eyvazimooshabad.

Evidence showed that an enraged Ebrahimi allegedly planned the three separate assaults, said Chicago Police Cmdr. Thomas Byrne.

BTW, yes I do know that Assyrians are Christians. That doesn't change the legal system, they are dhimmis.

sharia is a muslim legal system. it has NO bearing on non-muslims

Yeah, except for the non-muslims who will have pay, with their tax dollars, to fix up messes like this. And the non-muslims who have to read about it in the U.S. And the non-muslims who find their goods more expensive. And insurance rates higher. And days more harried. And cops overtimed. And judges saddled. And the folks on the target end of "anti-muslim" accusations and lawsuits. And the general confusion caused to all by the co-existence of incompatible and clashing cultures.

No bearing at all.

so ..... these are christians living in a christian state.....

He'd been in Chicago since Nov. gee, if all immigrants could leave their culture behind and assimilate that quickly, things would be so much better. :rolleyes:

He'd been in Chicago since Nov. gee, if all immigrants could leave their culture behind and assimilate that quickly, things would be so much better. :rolleyes:

it would be. and your solution would be?

kick all non-white anglo-saxons out of the country or, maybe just put them all in internment camps?

that would work.

it would be. and your solution would be?

kick all non-white anglo-saxons out of the country or, maybe just put them all in internment camps?

that would work.

Now who's putting words in someone's keyboard strokes? My point was directed to your point. That's how it's supposed to work or perhaps you'd like to go round and round in circles and name calling? :confused:

Now who's putting words in someone's keyboard strokes? My point was directed to your point. That's how it's supposed to work or perhaps you'd like to go round and round in circles and name calling? :confused:

I am not trying to name call and I certainly apologize if you took it that way...and I have a larger problem with this concept of people leaving their cultures behind and assimilating into ours. What IS ours, exactly? Do not the german-americans in wisconsin hold onto a large portion of their heritage? Do not the irish-americans do the same? Doesn't the really beauty of american culture lie in the inherent diversity of it? I happen to think that America is so special because it is NOT homogenous. Our diversity provides a richness to the american experience not found elsewhere.... if we were to abandon that because it didn't always result in a PRETTY pastel patchwork quilt, we would abandon the best part of this nation, IMHO.

I am not trying to name call and I certainly apologize if you took it that way...and I have a larger problem with this concept of people leaving their cultures behind and assimilating into ours. What IS ours, exactly? Do not the german-americans in wisconsin hold onto a large portion of their heritage? Do not the irish-americans do the same? Doesn't the really beauty of american culture lie in the inherent diversity of it? I happen to think that America is so special because it is NOT homogenous. Our diversity provides a richness to the american experience not found elsewhere.... if we were to abandon that because it didn't always result in a PRETTY pastel patchwork quilt, we would abandon the best part of this nation, IMHO.

Well when they bring the idea of 'honor killing' I'd say that's diversity we don't want. In this case, my original post was directed to a particular problem, person, and culture, (which was not a Christian in a Christian state).

BTW, I'm all for the idea of retaining some of the home country culture, but in the US that culture must dominate: English, rule of law, knowing the Western heritage. Doesn't mean you can't retain ethnicity, just important if one comes, that they are engaged. Otherwise it's Balkantimes, not good for anyone.

Well when they bring the idea of 'honor killing' I'd say that's diversity we don't want. In this case, my original post was directed to a particular problem, person, and culture, (which was not a Christian in a Christian state).

BTW, I'm all for the idea of retaining some of the home country culture, but in the US that culture must dominate: English, rule of law, knowing the Western heritage. Doesn't mean you can't retain ethnicity, just important if one comes, that they are engaged. Otherwise it's Balkantimes, not good for anyone.

I agree with everything you say.... but don't you think it is a slippery slope when we start trying to determine which cultural diversity is good and which is not so good? If Assyrians are bad today.... might not Jews be bad tomorrow?

I have a problem with people coming into our country and they expect us to treat them like they were back in the old country! Well they ain't in the old country for starters and next they wanted to start a new life in our country they have to act like it. We shouldn't have to feel obligated to kiss their butts. Equality is just that and everyone acts correctly in the society they are living in. Everytime you post it seems you are pot stirring more than giving an explanation to what bothers you. I find that alone irritating because if it were up to you from the post I've read we'd all lay down our thoughts, freedoms, and independence to these nut jobs coming to our land. I disagree on your ideas we need boundaries for self respect and respect toward others.

We may all hold on to our respective cultures in this great land but since about 1970 our society has been abused by the newer generations coming into our country, refusing to learn our language, refusing to be part of our society and just refusing everything that our country stood for at one time. My family has it quirks from Ireland but they respect this country and I do too. We came here for a new way of life and we worked hard and we spoke the language, paid our way and did as many other citizens do everyday before I we ever became citizens. I say quit kissing up to the foreigners tell them the rules and tell them we expect them to follow our way of life.

I agree with everything you say.... but don't you think it is a slippery slope when we start trying to determine which cultural diversity is good and which is not so good? If Assyrians are bad today.... might not Jews be bad tomorrow?

I did not say Assyrians are bad. I said honor killings are bad.

of course they are.... I would love to keep all those sorts of bad things out of our society.... any ideas on how we do that?

Yep, when it occurs, punish severely. Make it known that Sharia law and standards are unacceptable-we'll do what we have to, if it means barring entrance, eventually that could happen.

Yep, when it occurs, punish severely. Make it known that Sharia law and standards are unacceptable-we'll do what we have to, if it means barring entrance, eventually that could happen.

I have no problems with harsh punishments..... I do have a hard time extinquishing the lamp beside the golden door.

I have no problems with harsh punishments..... I do have a hard time extinquishing the lamp beside the golden door.

As would I, though that door should be ours to control. We have a right to admit/deny those that would help/hurt us. With that said, immigration has always been and remains our greatest source of renewal. It's the backbone of our country.

As would I, though that door should be ours to control. We have a right to admit/deny those that would help/hurt us. With that said, immigration has always been and remains our greatest source of renewal. It's the backbone of our country.

we're on the same page.... I am just closer to the left margin and you closer to the right...but it is still the same page.

Forum List

Back