Hong Kong: Joshua Wong and fellow pro-democracy activists jailed

I don't think we're talking about robots (???), and all people are slaves who are not YET free. The yearning to be free is common to the human condition.
Thats a bunch of gibberish

the chinese people are just worker ants with no personal freedom

try to speak up for the treatment of minorities in china and the communists will crush you like an insect

You ever spend time in China? Ever get to know any Chinese folks? People are people, whether you like it or not.

People are people, whether you like it or not.
If so then out of a population of 1.4 billion that means millions of chinese are evil corrupt bastards who cannot be trusted

after all, its only human nature

I’m sure your chinese lady is a nice person

but she does not represent all chinese

The people of Hong Kong cheered when China took over Hong Kong in the late 1990s.

Anyone could have predicted that the Beijing dictators would not keep their promise to respect the agreement that they made with Britain regarding the turnover.

I hope that Taiwan does not naively sign any agreement with Beijing.

Some people say that President Biden has close ties to China, so he may let Beijing gobble up Taiwan, thus destroying the only democracy in Chinese history.

I hope that the activists in Hong Kong give up the senseless struggle. They should either emigrate to a freer country or just do what most people in Hong Kong & China do: ignore politics and enjoy their personal lives. That is what most people do here in the United States, after all.

Who do you mean?
I have made it clear already

China is a nationalist nation with goals that are not good for America

the danger to my country is not only from all members of the communist party in china, but from many common chinese who support chinese nationalism

Who do you mean?
I have made it clear already

China is a nationalist nation with goals that are not good for America

the danger to my country is not only from all members of the communist party in china, but from many common chinese who support chinese nationalism

I believe I've asked you before if you have ever spent any significant amount of time in China.

I believe I've asked you before if you have ever spent any significant amount of time in China.
No.

I have never been there

Then why do you proclaim so readily to know how the common people there feel? Shouldn’t you at least base sweeping generalizations of an entire nation on some minimum degree of personal experience?

Then why do you proclaim so readily to know how the common people there feel? Shouldn’t you at least base sweeping generalizations of an entire nation on some minimum degree of personal experience?
Meaning that if I dont live in china I have no right to an opinion different from yours?

Meaning that if I dont live in china I have no right to an opinion different from yours?

Meaning if you have no experience with something it cannot make much sense to insist upon sweeping generalizations of same. If you are going to dismiss over 1 billion people as robots, slaves, drones, and unworthy of comparison with virtuous Christian Americans, you are to at least have sat down and shared a cup of coffee with one or two? Maybe with a lot more than that before casting aspersions on an entire nation of people? I do not believe you would take kindly to finding yourself on the receiving end of such ‘rational judgment.’

Meaning if you have no experience with something it cannot make much sense to insist upon sweeping generalizations of same.
Your sweeping generalizations about china are better than mine because?

I dont know who you are or what your qualifications are the be the official apologist for china.

but there are plenty of foreigners and chinese refugees with intimate knowledge of china who disagree with your glowing representation of the communist Middle Kingdom

I would also add there are plenty of Americans with a favorable view of china who have never lived there either

and in your world and by your standards are not qualified to have an opinion either

the chinese people are just worker ants with no personal freedom

Hong Kong was, before the China started swinging their junk around, one of the more free countries on the face of The Earth. The lowest taxes in the regions and little or no government interference in the business or personal life of its citizens. Hong Kong folks swear like sailors, drink like fishes, and eat anything with four legs except the table.

Meaning if you have no experience with something it cannot make much sense to insist upon sweeping generalizations of same.
Your sweeping generalizations about china are better than mine because?

What sweeping generalizations have I made, other than to recognize that all people are essentially the same?

What sweeping generalizations have I made, other than to recognize that all people are essentially the same?
Thats a very sweeping generalization when its used to put lipstick on a pig like china

many chinese are very happy to cooperate with the dictatorships goal of dominationg the world

I dont know who you are or what your qualifications are the be the official apologist for china.

but there are plenty of foreigners and chinese refugees with intimate knowledge of china who disagree with your glowing representation of the communist Middle Kingdom...

What glowing representation? What apologizing for the CCP have you seen for me? If anything, I know better than most here just how ridiculously impressive the CCP can be. Taking issue with sweeping dehumanizing generalizations is hardly playing the apologist. Is there no room for reason?

Taking issue with sweeping dehumanizing generalizations is hardly playing the apologist.
There is nothing dehumanizing about recognizing the threat posed by mainland chinese people

its quite real and widespread

Thats a very sweeping generalization when its used to put lipstick on a pig like china

Do you see why I asked you if you had ever been there, or gotten to know anyone there well? When you essentially describe over 1 billion people as pigs, you cannot be shocked when you are asked upon what basis you make such an outrageous insult. Shouldn’t youHave some experience with the place and the people before calling them all pigs? I do not think it is unexpected or inappropriate to question this kind of blanket insult.

many chinese are very happy to cooperate with the dictatorships goal of dominationg the world

I haven’t seen evidence that it has ever been China’s goal to dominate the world. The current goal of the CCP seems to be brutally or pressing its own people in order to maintain political power. On a larger scale, it seems that a long-term plan or ambition is to freeze the United States out of the region so that China can go unchallenged In what it wants to believe is it’s severe of influence in the world. All of this is troubling enough without imagining something more.

New Topics

Forum List

Back