Hong Kong: Joshua Wong and fellow pro-democracy activists jailed

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Get used to these headlines. It's going to be a four year steamroll of the West. As sure as China is taking rocks from the moon as I type this, the West is going to see the full force of a focused, patriotic Communist nation of 1.4B.

There are a few agencies I'd not want to be working for right now...

Hong Kong democracy activists Joshua Wong, Agnes Chow and Ivan Lam have been given jail sentences for their involvement in mass protests last year.

The trio, all in their twenties, had been convicted of unlawful assembly.

The pro-democracy movement has been stifled since Beijing introduced a controversial security law with harsh punishments.
But as their offences took place before the law's enactment, the activists have avoided a potential life sentence.

Wong - aged 24 and Hong Kong's best-known activist internationally - received a sentence of 13 and a half months in jail, while Chow, 23, and Lam, 26, will be imprisoned for 10 and seven months respectively.

The activists were remanded in custody until Wednesday's sentencing, with Wong placed in solitary confinement.

Get used to these headlines. It's going to be a four year steamroll of the West. As sure as China is taking rocks from the moon as I type this, the West is going to see the full force of a focused, patriotic Communist nation of 1.4B.

Hong Kong democracy activists Joshua Wong, Agnes Chow and Ivan Lam have been given jail sentences for their involvement in mass protests last year.

The pro-democracy movement has been stifled since Beijing introduced a controversial security law with harsh punishments.
But as their offences took place before the law's enactment, the activists have avoided a potential life sentence.

Wong - aged 24 and Hong Kong's best-known activist internationally - received a sentence of 13 and a half months in jail, while Chow, 23, and Lam, 26, will be imprisoned for 10 and seven months respectively.

The activists were remanded in custody until Wednesday's sentencing, with Wong placed in solitary confinement.

Seems like a positive sign that there are so many so willing to stand up to the totalitarian CCP. When MLK went into that jail in Birmingham, it was not a sign that Civil Rights had been defeated. Quite the contrary.

Seems like a positive sign that there are so many so willing to stand up to the totalitarian CCP. When MLK went into that jail in Birmingham, it was not a sign that Civil Rights had been defeated. Quite the contrary.
china aint America .......

How long before this happens in America under liberal leadership? AOC already called for rounding up Trump supporters for some retribution or maybe re education. Dems are commies.

now that china has a bought and paid for democrat about to take office in DC they will become even more aggressive ! and now they are sure they will never be held accountable for the virus they unleashed onto the world ! democrats are allies of communist dictatorships.
Is your Dearl Leader Donnie still POTUS?

What's he gonna do about it?

What do you WANT him to do about it?

You are comparing godless china with a Christian nation like America?

Communists have no sense of guilt or shame

Most Chinese people are not members of the CCP, and a great many are very, very religious whenever they have the freedom to be.

china aint America .......

People are people though.

Most Chinese people are not members of the CCP, and a great many are very, very religious whenever they have the freedom to be.
You cannot compare robots and slaves to free people

the chinese dictatorship answers to no one whereas Christian America demanded fair treatment for blacks

I agree. It's not the Chinese people who are at fault here. It's the Chinese government, a.k.a. the CCP.

I still think we should unleash Japan on the world. Bushido is not dead and never will be.

You cannot compare robots and slaves to free people

the chinese dictatorship answers to no one whereas Christian America demanded fair treatment for blacks

I don't think we're talking about robots (???), and all people are slaves who are not YET free. The yearning to be free is common to the human condition.

I don't think we're talking about robots (???), and all people are slaves who are not YET free. The yearning to be free is common to the human condition.
Thats a bunch of gibberish

the chinese people are just worker ants with no personal freedom

try to speak up for the treatment of minorities in china and the communists will crush you like an insect

try to speak up for the treatment of minorities in china and the communists will crush you like an insect

You ever spend time in China? Ever get to know any Chinese folks? People are people, whether you like it or not.

You ever spend time in China? Ever get to know any Chinese folks? People are people, whether you like it or not.
communist party members in biijing are very different from most people in America

and btw: the common chinese are very nationalistic thanks to brainwashing on chinese tv and film

one of their favorite demon are the japanese

but dont think china has forgotten the Opium Wars and european colonization of china

to many chinese its current history

communist party members in biijing are very different from most people in America

Beijing is one city, and most of its inhabitants aren't in the CCP either. Less than 7% of the population of China is in the CCP.

but dont think china has forgotten the Opium Wars and european colonization of china

to many chinese its current history

No it's not. Chinese people are capable of observing the passage of time just like everyone else.

and the nba and hollywood libs will back the chicom assault .

New Topics

Forum List

Back