Homicide Investigator Teases New Evidence in Disappearance of Carole Baskin's Husband in 'Joe Exotic: Tigers, Lies and Cover-Up' (Exclusive)

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Even 23 years after Don Lewis went missing, new evidence is emerging that has retired homicide investigator Jim Rathmann convinced he was a victim of foul play. Rathmann will lead the charge in Investigation Discovery's three-part special, Joe Exotic: Tigers, Lies and Cover-Up, premiering Sunday, Sept. 27, which also features brand new interviews with incarcerated Tiger King star Joe Exotic's inner circle, including husband Dillon Passage and the group working to free him from jail.

Rathmann admitted in an exclusive interview with PopCulture.com ahead of the premiere how he wasn't captivated at first watching the Netlfix docuseries chronicling Exotic's escalating feud with fellow big cat enthusiast Carole Baskin, but had his interested piqued in Episode 3, when the disappearance of Baskin's former husband was brought up. While Exotic's theory was she had killed him and fed him to her tigers, Baskin has denied having a part in her husband's death repeatedly. Six months later, the former homicide investigator is convinced his team is heading down the road to determine once and for all what happened to Lewis.

The turning point for Rathmann was an interview with Trish Farr-Payne, the ex-wife of Baskin and Lewis' handyman Kenny Farr, which he said brought to light the details of property transfers between Baskin and Farr surrounding Lewis' disappearance. "We're 23 years late to the game, so the evidence you could have collected back then, if it wasn't collected properly, then it's gone," he explained of digging into these old leads, which will play out during the three-part special.

Ok, who is watching it?

I don't have ID so I don't think that I will be able to.

Even 23 years after Don Lewis went missing, new evidence is emerging that has retired homicide investigator Jim Rathmann convinced he was a victim of foul play. Rathmann will lead the charge in Investigation Discovery's three-part special, Joe Exotic: Tigers, Lies and Cover-Up, premiering Sunday, Sept. 27, which also features brand new interviews with incarcerated Tiger King star Joe Exotic's inner circle, including husband Dillon Passage and the group working to free him from jail.

Rathmann admitted in an exclusive interview with PopCulture.com ahead of the premiere how he wasn't captivated at first watching the Netlfix docuseries chronicling Exotic's escalating feud with fellow big cat enthusiast Carole Baskin, but had his interested piqued in Episode 3, when the disappearance of Baskin's former husband was brought up. While Exotic's theory was she had killed him and fed him to her tigers, Baskin has denied having a part in her husband's death repeatedly. Six months later, the former homicide investigator is convinced his team is heading down the road to determine once and for all what happened to Lewis.

The turning point for Rathmann was an interview with Trish Farr-Payne, the ex-wife of Baskin and Lewis' handyman Kenny Farr, which he said brought to light the details of property transfers between Baskin and Farr surrounding Lewis' disappearance. "We're 23 years late to the game, so the evidence you could have collected back then, if it wasn't collected properly, then it's gone," he explained of digging into these old leads, which will play out during the three-part special.

Ok, who is watching it?

"Ok, who is watching it?"

Well I can't watch it because I'm at this moment not on the American Continent, but it sounds very interesting. I like all these Real Crime and Cold Case programmes

Ok, who is watching it?

"Ok, who is watching it?"

Well I can't watch it because I'm at this moment not on the American Continent, but it sounds very interesting. I like all these Real Crime and Cold Case programmes

Do you have Netflix and/or is the one on Netflix showing over there? We have programs and shows on Netflix from other countries but I don't know what, if any, is shown over there.

I watched this show half-way through but got disgusted at how evil these people are.

Forum List

Back