Homeless Texas man moves to San Francisco because city pays him $620.00 per month

Yes we do, see our elections. Voting for the duopoly has not worked yet we keep doing it time and time again.
While I am 100% against the "duopoly" I think you are naive in thinking the solution is to not vote for the duopoly. I'm not really sure what you even mean by that. Is Bernie our savior? Would a Libertarian candidate be our savior? I don't think so.

And who should we vote for that will be different? Bernie? A Libertarian? I don't think so.

A Libertarian would be perfect. But really anyone so we can show the duopoly if they do not actually start to care about our desires for the country they are not guaranteed of staying in power.

As long as you all keep voting for the same old same old, they have no reason to change a thing.

A Libertarian would be perfect. But really anyone so we can show the duopoly if they do not actually start to care about our desires for the country they are not guaranteed of staying in power.

As long as you all keep voting for the same old same old, they have no reason to change a thing.
No Libertarian has ever convinced me they are worth voting for. Not one. And, I'm very very open to replacing both Democrats and Republicans. One of the Libertarian's biggest problems (beyond not having a decent candidate) is that they want to start at the top with the presidency. Assuming they were actually successful at landing the presidency, how on Earth would they do anything with Democrats and Republicans in Congress? What about the media who both swing left and swing right? They would all be attacking the Libertarian president as well.

No Libertarian has ever convinced me they are worth voting for. Not one. And, I'm very very open to replacing both Democrats and Republicans. One of the Libertarian's biggest problems (beyond not having a decent candidate) is that they want to start at the top with the presidency. Assuming they were actually successful at landing the presidency, how on Earth would they do anything with Democrats and Republicans in Congress? What about the media who both swing left and swing right? They would all be attacking the Libertarian president as well.

Well then just keep doing the same thing again and again hoping something will change. That is a great plan!

Well then just keep doing the same thing again and again hoping something will change. That is a great plan!
I agree that doing the same thing again and again isn't working. However, it is naive to believe that voting for a Libertarian will bring change. As I said, Libertarians are going about it all completely backwards. They want to start with the presidency and work down. What do you honestly believe would happen if a Libertarian were elected president and had to deal with a Congress filled with nothing but Republicans and Democrats? When have Libertarians ever put up someone as a candidate who was actually qualified to be president? How many so called Libertarians have their been who were for term limits and then, when elected, ran for term after term after term?

You claim to be "homeless" but you have the information and the resources to move across the country for a better life in a different state. Does any of this make sense?

I agree that doing the same thing again and again isn't working. However, it is naive to believe that voting for a Libertarian will bring change. As I said, Libertarians are going about it all completely backwards. They want to start with the presidency and work down. What do you honestly believe would happen if a Libertarian were elected president and had to deal with a Congress filled with nothing but Republicans and Democrats? When have Libertarians ever put up someone as a candidate who was actually qualified to be president? How many so called Libertarians have their been who were for term limits and then, when elected, ran for term after term after term?

So, what is the solution?

You claim to be "homeless" but you have the information and the resources to move across the country for a better life in a different state. Does any of this make sense?

you do make a good point.

So, what is the solution?
Unfortunately, if you want to talk about reality, there aren't many solutions. I can think of several fantasies that would solve the problem but fantasies are just fantasies. Voting for "other" doesn't really change anything. However, if Libertarians were smart they would put their efforts into winning local and state elections, followed by winning US House and Senate seats. You don't get anywhere by winning the presidency when the House and Senate are filled with the same ole same ole.

Somewhere in recent politics, Trump gave us the blueprint. Americans want a populist who isn't really a member of either party but, once again, this has to be done from the ground up, not the top down, as Trump also tried to do it from the top down and failed. The TDS'rs have been attacking Trump nonstop because Trump was a threat to both parties. The same thing would happen if a Libertarian won the presidency with a R/D Congress, the derangement syndrome would be directed at the Libertarian. Nothing would be out of bounds for attacking the Libertarian to get rid of them. And the media would also join in on the attack, just as they did against Trump because the media are not Libertarians.

We are working on it.
It's been a lot of years and, rounded off, you have made close to zero progress. Any so called Libertarians that you have couldn't win on their own so they had to run as Republicans in order to win, and you can count all of those on one hand, even if you are a veteran and lost some fingers.

Bottom line, Democrats think that their policies are best for the country if they could just get rid of Republicans, Republicans think that their policies are best for the country if they could just get rid of Democrats, and Libertarians think that their policies are best for the country if they could just get rid of both Republicans and Democrats.

Thank God that our founders set it up so that the tyranny of the majority couldn't become dictators over the minority.

Last edited:
All to the cost of the tax payer, and the gullibles don't understand why people try to get out of paying tax.

Maybe the stupid should be taxed, that'll hit the Left Wing hard in the pocket.

Forum List

Back