Holy Moley, mother of goodness, my state is packed.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
So, Matt and I went to get groceries this past Tuesday, but forgot a lot of things, and the town was ho hum slow,.... so after dumping the trash at the transfer station early this afternoon, I drove us in to the next town about 4 to 5 miles from our house and holy smokes the traffic was just awful...in a good kind of way....

I live on the coast, only in the middle of a thousand or two acres of woods so we are mostly shielded from any traffic and tourists in our daily lives....we have more concern with black bears or coyote, and feeding all the deer I've named and befriended....

But goodness gracious, my area of Maine is packed with vacationers...every 4th car had a Maine tag, all the rest were Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire tourists.... The grocery store on US1 was jammed packed, not a single space open, I had to double park, stay in the car and send Matt in, until I found a spot with someone pulling out.... It was more than half empty on Tuesday!

We have been under strict covid measures for over a year, and its been hard on all the small business owners and family run hotels and bars and restaurants.... :(

It was REALLY GOOD TO SEE all of these out of staters returning....even though the temperature is not suppose to get out of the 6os, and be cloudy with some rain....these vacationers obviously didn't care, they were coming here regardless...come hell or high water....they were going on vacation!

I usually begin my bitching on having traffic this time of the year, cuz there could be 5 cars on US1 THAT have to pass before I can pull out on to it, instead of NONE the rest of the year....but today there was at least 50 cars that had to go by before I could get onto it!!!

AND for a change, I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT!!! So much hope for my fellow Mainer business owners! So nice to see people rushing here! It's a good sign that it's gonna be a good crowded summer for Mainiacs, and the state, overall!

Here, too. Busy busy busy. Folks are all eager and ready to burn up money on a 5 second firework. Never could figure out why they do that. For me, celebration was going to a friends house for barbque or sitting on my balconey and watching the city burn up road repair money. LOL

same here masses of people....it hot off the mountain and much cooler here..think upper 50s....we didnt even go to banner elk yesterday...just watched the masses of people on web cam

events that use to attract a few thousand have now exploded into 50 to 75 k...roads are crazy...

Forum List

Back