Holy crap!

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So, I got the news just now that The Flaming Lips were so well-recieved in Atlanta that they'll be returning on September 13th. Awesome enough, right? BUT, right after that, I got the news that BOB DYLAN will be playing a show RIGHT HERE IN AUGUSTA! (Or at least right across the river in Augusta ;)). Tickets are $50, but as a big fan of folk music, I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't go see him, considering he's playing about 15 minutes from my house.

Dan said:
So, I got the news just now that The Flaming Lips were so well-recieved in Atlanta that they'll be returning on September 13th. Awesome enough, right? BUT, right after that, I got the news that BOB DYLAN will be playing a show RIGHT HERE IN AUGUSTA! (Or at least right across the river in Augusta ;)). Tickets are $50, but as a big fan of folk music, I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't go see him, considering he's playing about 15 minutes from my house.

Well, then you HAVE to go to the shows! Should be fun. I'm not a huge fan of Dylan's voice (though he's written amazing songs), but if that rocks ya... then go to it!

If you like folk music, you might also want to have gander at Springsteen's Seegar Sessions show if he plays in your neck of the woods. I missed him this time around (first time since 1985 that I've missed a leg of a Bruce tour), but hear tell that the show is awesome.

The Boss played about an hour from here like three years ago with the E Street Band and hasn't come back since. I'm still kicking myself for not going.

How are the Seeger Sessions? For some reason, i just don't have much interest at all in it. Now, if he was doing an acoustic tour, just stuff from Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad, I'd totally be into that.

Dan said:
The Boss played about an hour from here like three years ago with the E Street Band and hasn't come back since. I'm still kicking myself for not going.

How are the Seeger Sessions? For some reason, i just don't have much interest at all in it. Now, if he was doing an acoustic tour, just stuff from Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad, I'd totally be into that.

Ah...that must have been on The Rising tour. You missed a phenomenal show. Of course, I'm biased, I've seen him 54 times. :duh3:

The Seegar Sessions stuff is actually far better than I thought it would be. It's not generally my kind of music, but he's having so much fun with this band that it's contagious. And some of the songs are pretty interesting and he brings a lot of them current. (Plus, my son loves Froggy Goes A-Courtin'" and I figure that can't be a bad thing).

I'm not a huge fan of his acoustic stuff although hearing him do Johnny 99 acoustic is worth the price of admission. The only show of his I ever went to that left me totally bummed out was on the Joad tour. But if you liked Nebraska and Joad, you'll really like this disc.

Lay Me My Money Down rocks....and you can hear some of the songs here:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/site.html

Tom Joad has about four or five good songs on it. And every single song is a total downer, so I could see how a tour on that album wouldn't be that much fun. But, yeah, I love Nebraska.

Forum List

Back