Holy Crap, Player That Egged on rape Gets 17 Years... Stanford Swimmer Got?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
So I just read this story about the football player from Vanderbilt that egged on his team mates to rape an unconscious woman, gave them condoms, and posted pictures of the rape as it was happening, got 17 years prison. Ok, that's fine and dandy... maybe a little extreme for a guy that didn't actually rape the woman, but compare that to the swimmer from Stanford, Brock Turner who actually raped a girl and got 6 months? Come on, don't tell me there isn't something wrong with this.

Ex-Vandy player gets 17-year prison sentence

6 months?

But then everything is ass backwards in the country right now.

6 months?

Yeah you don't remember the outrage earlier this year when the judge in the Brock Turner case said that he didn't think the kids whole life should be ruined over 12 minutes of fun?

6 months?

Yeah you don't remember the outrage earlier this year when the judge in the Brock Turner case said that he didn't think the kids whole life should be ruined over 12 minutes of fun?

Yes, I remember. smh

So I just read this story about the football player from Vanderbilt that egged on his team mates to rape an unconscious woman, gave them condoms, and posted pictures of the rape as it was happening, got 17 years prison. Ok, that's fine and dandy... maybe a little extreme for a guy that didn't actually rape the woman, but compare that to the swimmer from Stanford, Brock Turner who actually raped a girl and got 6 months? Come on, don't tell me there isn't something wrong with this.

1. Any man or woman that commit any form of rape need to be hung...

2. The California case was beyond too soft when the sentencing was handed down and the Stanford one should have gotten 25 to life and yes his life should have been ruined!

Yes, there is something wrong...both judgments... the rapist should be s;pending years, not months and the guy who egged him on should have months in prison.

Yes, there is something wrong...both judgments... the rapist should be s;pending years, not months and the guy who egged him on should have months in prison.

Well they are two separate cases. One was at Stanford by a swimmer. The other was at Vanderbilt, by a football player. So there is a couple things that can be wrong about this. The judge in the Stanford case could have looked at the swimmer at a high class college, and thought he could turn his life around and just made a mistake... which is poor reasoning. Yet the judge in the Vanderbilt case so this big football player, and thought he was nothing but a neanderthal taking advantage of a poor girl, and deserved a harsh sentence.

Now, oddly enough while at The Ohio State University I wrote a research paper about this, now take into account it was back in 1994, but studies did show that athletes from contact sports like football, hockey, lacrosse, and such, did have a much higher rate of committing assaults and similar crimes than athletes in other sports like track and field and swimming. And overall, athletes had a higher crime rate than your normal students. That's pretty alarming, but that doesn't excuse what is going on with our court system right now.

No the guy who egged on should have gotten 17 years or more.
Amen to this. Those who only encourage that such a thing be done in my opinion should get worse than the actual offender. If the cheerleaders aren't willing to thrown down the pom poms and get in the game themselves, why tell anyone else to?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They have always said that money talks, but now it shrieks so loud you cannot escape it

I pity the poor who have no one to defend them.

Forum List

Back