Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

Democrats had legitimate questions about Trump rushing a vaccine through.... but when it met the conditions, we accepted it.

Guys like Mormon Bob refuse to take the vaccine because they wouldn't admit the government was there to help them. As a result, Covid lasted a lot longer than it needed to.

Because he realized he was dealing with an insecure man-child as president who needed praise to get things done?
Your Trump Derangement Syndrome will never permit you to recognize that Trump had a number of achievements. The Warp Speed Program was one.

If Hillary had won we would be lucky to have one vaccine today.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrome will never permit you to recognize that Trump had a number of achievements. The Warp Speed Program was one.

If Hillary had won we would be lucky to have one vaccine today.

The development of vaccines was an international effort. Most of the key research was done outside the US.

And, no, I don't give Trump credit for much of anything. The man has fucked up everything he's touched and has convinced you idiots he's turned it to gold.

HThe development of vaccines was an international effort. Most of the key research was done outside the US.

And, no, I don't give Trump credit for much of anything. The man has fucked up everything he's touched and has convinced you idiots he's turned it to gold.
Next you will try to convince me Joe Biden is a much better President than Trump.

You also have it backward. Joe Biden has fucked up everything he had touched. Plus he could never survive an investigation like Trump as he is without a doubt one of the mostcorrupt politicians in our country.

Operation Warp Speed, a Trump administration initiative to manufacture COVID-19 vaccines as fast as possible, should be lauded as a successful endeavour in what has otherwise been a poor effort to deal with the coronavirus, experts say.

"No doubt, Operation Warp Speed is a huge success," said Tinglong Dai, associate professor of Operations Management and Business Analytics at Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School in Baltimore.

"You can like or hate the Trump administration, but no doubt, it's a huge success — unprecedented success."

***snip***

Allison Winnike, president of the Texas-based Immunization Partnership, an organization providing advocacy and information about immunization initiatives, said that Moderna benefited tremendously from Operation Warp Speed, in part, by receiving close to $1 billion to support its vaccine development and clinical trials.

"That really got them to where they are today," she said.

Dead wrong. However Judicial Watch is working on the case and they are a pack of bull dogs.

Well, as usual,I can just step aside and let you and your desperate cult fantasies wrangle with all of reality.

Invite b
Does it matter? Why would anyone vote for either

I vote because I like to bitch when our nation gets a big time loser like Joe Biden.

If I don’t vote, I have no right to complain.

I can bitch about Sleepy Joe and proudly say I voted for Trump.

Plus I knew right off Joe is a loser. I did my research on Joe and knew he was a corrupt fool and just a gaffe prone windbag long before the election.

1656779726599.jpeg

Next you will try to convince me Joe Biden is a much better President than Trump.

You also have it backward. Joe Biden has fucked up everything he had touched. Plus he could never survive an investigation like Trump as he is without a doubt one of the mostcorrupt politicians in our country.

I'm not seeing riots in the streets. I was able to go to a bunch of stores today without having to go through a Covid ritual.... Unemployment is at 3.6%...

Um, yeah, Biden is doing a fine job compared to Hump.

I vote because I like to bitch when our nation gets a big time loser like Joe Biden.
Not what I asked. I asked why anyone would vote for candidates as bad as Biden and Trump. Have we really sunk that low?
That's complete horseshit. Everyone has a right to complain about bad government.

Not what I asked. I asked why anyone would vote for candidates as bad as Biden and Trump. Have we really sunk that low?

That's complete horseshit. Everyone has a right to complain about bad government.
Did you vote?

:heehee:

". . . People like to twist that around. I know, they say, they say: “well if you don’t vote you have no right to complain”. But where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people, and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I on the other hand, who did not vote, WHO DID NOT VOTE. Who in fact did not even leave the house on election-day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done, and have every RIGHT to complain as loud as I want, about the mess YOU created, that I had nothing to do with. . . "

~ George Carlin.

". . . People like to twist that around. I know, they say, they say: “well if you don’t vote you have no right to complain”. But where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent people, and they get into office and screw everything up, well you are responsible for what they have done, YOU caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I on the other hand, who did not vote, WHO DID NOT VOTE. Who in fact did not even leave the house on election-day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done, and have every RIGHT to complain as loud as I want, about the mess YOU created, that I had nothing to do with. . . "

~ George Carlin.
And then George wonders why nobody in politics gives a shit what he thinks.

Because you don't vote, George.

Well, as usual,I can just step aside and let you and your desperate cult fantasies wrangle with all of reality.
I’ll back up my “desperate cult fantasies“ with this article from Law Enforcement Today and an oinion article by Jonathan Turley.

***snip***

In the case of Byrd, Department of Justice guidelines on the use of force specifically address steps law enforcement officers to use in applying it. Taken directly from an article from the National Institute of Justice, a publication of the Department of Justice:

“Law enforcement officers should use only the amount of force necessary to mitigate an incident, make an arrest, or protect themselves or others from harm. The levels, or continuum, of force police use include basic verbal and physical restraint, less-lethal force and lethal force.

[…]

Use of force is an officer’s last option—a necessary course of action to restore safety in a community when other practices are ineffective.

According to WJLA, the US Capitol Police use of force policy states, in part that “an officer may use deadly physical force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury.” [emphasis added]

Based on DOJ guidelines and the US Capitol Police’s own policy on deadly force, it is clear that Byrd violated both. A statement provided by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in announcing the decision to clear Byrd is an insult:

***snip***

I have long expressed doubt over the Babbitt shooting, which directly contradicted standards on the use of lethal force by law enforcement. But what was breathtaking about Byrd’s interview was that he confirmed the worst suspicions about the shooting and raised serious questions over the incident reviews by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and, most recently, the Capitol Police.

***snip***

While the Supreme Court, in cases such as Graham v. Connor, has said that courts must consider “the facts and circumstances of each particular case,” it has emphasized that lethal force must be used only against someone who is “an immediate threat to the safety of the officers or others, and … is actively resisting arrest or attempting to evade arrest by flight.” Particularly with armed assailants, the standard governing “imminent harm” recognizes that these decisions must often be made in the most chaotic and brief encounters.

Under these standards, police officers should not shoot unarmed suspects or rioters without a clear threat to themselves or fellow officers. That even applies to armed suspects who fail to obey orders. Indeed, Huntsville police officer William “Ben” Darby recently was convicted for killing a suicidal man holding a gun to his own head. Despite being cleared by a police review board, Darby was prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though Darby said he feared for the safety of himself and fellow officers. Yet law professors and experts who have praised such prosecutions in the past have been conspicuously silent over the shooting of an unarmed woman who had officers in front of and behind her on Jan. 6.

***snip***

[1]Like many, I condemned the Jan. 6 riot (along with those who fueled the unhinged anger that led to the violence) as the desecration of our Capitol and our constitutional process. But that doesn’t mean rioting should be treated as a license for the use of lethal force, particularly against unarmed suspects. The “job” of officers, to which Byrd referred, often demands a courage and restraint that few of us could muster. As shown by every other officer that day, it is a job that is often defined by abstinence from rather than application of lethal force. It was the rest of the force who refrained from using lethal force, despite being attacked, that were the extraordinary embodiments of the principles governing their profession.

I’ll back up my “desperate cult fantasies“ with this article from Law Enforcement Today and an oinion article by Jonathan Turley.

***snip***

In the case of Byrd, Department of Justice guidelines on the use of force specifically address steps law enforcement officers to use in applying it. Taken directly from an article from the National Institute of Justice, a publication of the Department of Justice:

“Law enforcement officers should use only the amount of force necessary to mitigate an incident, make an arrest, or protect themselves or others from harm. The levels, or continuum, of force police use include basic verbal and physical restraint, less-lethal force and lethal force.

[…]

Use of force is an officer’s last option—a necessary course of action to restore safety in a community when other practices are ineffective.

According to WJLA, the US Capitol Police use of force policy states, in part that “an officer may use deadly physical force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury.” [emphasis added]

Based on DOJ guidelines and the US Capitol Police’s own policy on deadly force, it is clear that Byrd violated both. A statement provided by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in announcing the decision to clear Byrd is an insult:

***snip***

I have long expressed doubt over the Babbitt shooting, which directly contradicted standards on the use of lethal force by law enforcement. But what was breathtaking about Byrd’s interview was that he confirmed the worst suspicions about the shooting and raised serious questions over the incident reviews by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and, most recently, the Capitol Police.

***snip***

While the Supreme Court, in cases such as Graham v. Connor, has said that courts must consider “the facts and circumstances of each particular case,” it has emphasized that lethal force must be used only against someone who is “an immediate threat to the safety of the officers or others, and … is actively resisting arrest or attempting to evade arrest by flight.” Particularly with armed assailants, the standard governing “imminent harm” recognizes that these decisions must often be made in the most chaotic and brief encounters.

Under these standards, police officers should not shoot unarmed suspects or rioters without a clear threat to themselves or fellow officers. That even applies to armed suspects who fail to obey orders. Indeed, Huntsville police officer William “Ben” Darby recently was convicted for killing a suicidal man holding a gun to his own head. Despite being cleared by a police review board, Darby was prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though Darby said he feared for the safety of himself and fellow officers. Yet law professors and experts who have praised such prosecutions in the past have been conspicuously silent over the shooting of an unarmed woman who had officers in front of and behind her on Jan. 6.

***snip***

[1]Like many, I condemned the Jan. 6 riot (along with those who fueled the unhinged anger that led to the violence) as the desecration of our Capitol and our constitutional process. But that doesn’t mean rioting should be treated as a license for the use of lethal force, particularly against unarmed suspects. The “job” of officers, to which Byrd referred, often demands a courage and restraint that few of us could muster. As shown by every other officer that day, it is a job that is often defined by abstinence from rather than application of lethal force. It was the rest of the force who refrained from using lethal force, despite being attacked, that were the extraordinary embodiments of the principles governing their profession.
Naturally, that does not support your fantasies or lies one bit.

Your MO of article puking, which you for some reason think transfers the burden of sifting through your garbage to everyone else, is just not compelling to intelligent, educated people.

Not one bit of that supports any of your lies. None of it.

But you already knew that.

You're out of your league on these topics.

~ George Carlin.
I justify my voting by saying I like to complain and would have to keep my mouth shut if I didn’t vote.

Lots of people don’t take voting seriously which may be why we end up with such bad elected officials.

I justify my voting by saying I like to complain and would have to keep my mouth shut if I didn’t vote.

Lots of people don’t take voting seriously which may be why we end up with such bad elected officials.

Naturally, that does not support your fantasies or lies one bit.

Your MO of article puking, which you for some reason think transfers the burden of sifting through your garbage to everyone else, is just not compelling to intelligent, educated people.

Not one bit of that supports any of your lies. None of it.

But you already knew that.

You're out of your league on these topics.
I link to articles from informed sources. The articles I posted above were from law enforcement sources and a well known attorney who is considered a legal scholar and is also a professor.

I do not consider myself to be knowledgeable on everything so I research. I learn a little everyday by doing that. Sometimes my opinion even changes.

You spout your opinions like you are THE expert on the subject. Unfortunately, you usually have no idea what you are babbling about.

I provide the articles so people can learn by reading them if they chose. I’m retired and have time available to do the research many people can’t.

New Topics

Forum List

Back