Holy crap, is the LEFT now beginning to wake up?

Ford Maverick hybrid pick up.

I actually gave it some consideration. Not the hybrid. I absolutely do not want a hybrid or a pure electrical vehicle at this time. Not until battery technology advances much farther than the point it is at now. I do not expect to live to see the point where the technology is ready to meet my needs.

I've concluded that a pickup truck really isn't right for my needs. I also considered the Transit, as apparently a much better tool-carrier, but I had doubts about its abilities on rough terrain. If my budget were higher, I'd have seriously considered an Expedition.

As much as the Bronco seems like a specialized, luxury toy, it truly came out seeming to me like the best balance between meeting my needs, and meeting my budget. Plenty of room for my tools, plenty of ability to handle bad terrain, and sturdy enough that I hope it will last the rest of my life, at least the rest of my working life.

If I was on a much lower budget, I might consider a Fourth Generation (2006-2010) Explorer. The Fifth Generation and later, I would consider unsuitable, as they are built in the modern unibody manner, rather than being a proper body-on-frame construction. That was actually also a big strike against both the Transit and the Maverick, as far as I am concerned.

My Bronco will be the first, and probably only brand-new vehicle I will ever buy, and I am, as I said, hoping for something sturdy enough to last the rest of my life, or at least the rest of my working life. You're just not going to get that with a unibody construction.

I actually gave it some consideration. Not the hybrid. I absolutely do not want a hybrid or a pure electrical vehicle at this time. Not until battery technology advances much farther than the point it is at now. I do not expect to live to see the point where the technology is ready to meet my needs.

I've concluded that a pickup truck really isn't right for my needs. I also considered the Transit, as apparently a much better tool-carrier, but I had doubts about its abilities on rough terrain. If my budget were higher, I'd have seriously considered an Expedition.

As much as the Bronco seems like a specialized, luxury toy, it truly came out seeming to me like the best balance between meeting my needs, and meeting my budget. Plenty of room for my tools, plenty of ability to handle bad terrain, and sturdy enough that I hope it will last the rest of my life, at least the rest of my working life.

If I was on a much lower budget, I might consider a Fourth Generation (2006-2010) Explorer. The Fifth Generation and later, I would consider unsuitable, as they are built in the modern unibody manner, rather than being a proper body-on-frame construction. That was actually also a big strike against both the Transit and the Maverick, as far as I am concerned.

My Bronco will be the first, and probably only brand-new vehicle I will ever buy, and I am, as I said, hoping for something sturdy enough to last the rest of my life, or at least the rest of my working life. You're just not going to get that with a unibody construction.
You have the wrong idea about hybrids. They’ve been around for decades and among the most reliable vehicles made.
zThe base Bronco IS THE maverick. I have body on frame but if you don’t off road or tow much, they can’t hold a candle to basic unibody. They’re rust buckets. I have to have them for towing and off road.

these newer unibody trucks for light work will out sell truck crowd for light duty work. The gas prices demand a 40 mpg pick up.

You have the wrong idea about hybrids. They’ve been around for decades and among the most reliable vehicles made.

Until the battery wears out, then you're looking at having to pay more to replace it than the vehicle is worth.

Hell, no!

The base Bronco IS THE maverick.

No, it is not. Not even close.

The Maverick is unibody.

The Bronco is based on the same underlying platform as the Ranger, which is a proper body-on-frame platform. Totally different than the Maverick.

The morality of the right isn’t declining. It’s been rock bottom for decades.
you want babies killed and my morality is declining. hahahahahahahahahaha you sound extremely stupid.

I'm fine with people who do real work... not weirdos who get up at 3 AM in the morning to fantasize about another dude's sex life because he didn't like his cult being mocked.
so third shift work is done by weirdos. wow. you lack integrity.

Okay, let's look at your list of OH MY GOD, THE SKY IS FALLING.

High Gasoline- Only really a problem if you are an idiot who still drives a gas guzzling SUV. Gasoline is only 3% of a families budget. It's even less of mine because I have a fuel efficient car and mostly work from home.

Baby Formula? What a first world problem. It's not like every mom doesn't already come equipped with two milk dispensers. Or that you can make baby formula at home with simple ingredients.

If we have a recession, it will be a mild one, mostly because we already have a labor shortage.

Russia has been bullying Ukraine for a decade. Their "invasion" failed, thanks to Biden rallying the west, something Trump wouldn't have done.

China isn't considering invading Taiwan. We've been hearing this song since the 1950's, and it's getting tiresome.

Iran isn't anywhere near a nuke. The fucking Jews have been trying to get us into a war with Iran since the 1990's.

Meanwhile, under Trump you had...

The worst riots since the 1960's
The worst recession since the Great Depression
The worst pandemic since 1919
The pandemic caused the recession and the pandemic was not created by Trump. Trump did create Operation Warp Speed which got vaccines in use in record time.

The COVID-19 recession is a global economic recession caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The recession began in most countries in February 2020.

Democrats supported the riots and even bailed rioters out of Jail.

so third shift work is done by weirdos. wow. you lack integrity.

Not even third shift. Just a normal shift starting a few hours earlier than usual. Especially in Summer, we tend to start early, so that we can be done working before it gets very hot.

Incel Joe wouldn't know about doing real work in hot Summer weather, to understand the advantage of starting and stopping earlier in the day.

It would be easier to list allow the things you've got right about my religion. Here's the complete list:

And we are not defined by outside sources.

Yet, you never tell me WHAT I (or the outside sources) get wrong. Now, you would think that if you were well-versed in your faith, you'd be able to refute points...

Heck, I've encountered Mormons who have made the effort. I mean, they fail because it's still a cult started by a two bit con-man with a thing for teenage girls... but at least they make the effort.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone works from nine to five. A very large portion of the real work is done while lazy parasites such as yourself are still asleep.

Uh, nothing wrong with getting up early. I'm an early riser by nature, thanks to my time in the service...

Getting up at 3 AM to obsess about a strangers sex life... that's just weird, even for a Mormon.

Not even third shift. Just a normal shift starting a few hours earlier than usual. Especially in Summer, we tend to start early, so that we can be done working before it gets very hot.

wouldn't know about doing real work in hot Summer weather, to understand the advantage of starting and stopping earlier in the day.

Fifteen Klik Road March, Fort Sill OK, Summer of 1981... carrying a rifle, helmet and a full rucksack.

The pandemic caused the recession and the pandemic was not created by Trump. Trump did create Operation Warp Speed which got vaccines in use in record time.

Actually, we were sliding into recession as early as 2019... Covid just made it worse... and Trump mishandled both.

He even botched the rollout of the vaccine. He was supposed to have the first ten million shots into arms by the time he left, but he barely hit a million initial doses.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone works from nine to five. A very large portion of the real work is done while lazy parasites such as yourself are still asleep.

My workday is 6 AM (when I start work for my day job) to 4 PM. I take a quick break to watch an episode of Jeopardy! and then I work on my side business, usually another two hours a day... with an hour spent every day meeting with clients. So usually my work day ends at, oh, 7 PM.

And then there are the days I work on the weekend...

Actually, we were sliding into recession as early as 2019... Covid just made it worse... and Trump mishandled both.

He even botched the rollout of the vaccine. He was supposed to have the first ten million shots into arms by the time he left, but he barely hit a million initial doses.
People who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome refuse to ever give him credit for anything. If Hillary had been President we would likely be still waiting for the first vaccine.

Plus Trump did get millions of doses or vaccine delivered before he left office.

***snip***

As of Sunday morning, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 41.4 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been distributed around the U.S. and 20.5 million doses have been administered. The vast majority of this happened before the inauguration of President Biden on Wednesday. It would have been impossible for this to have happened if the Trump administration had no vaccine distribution plan.

People who suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome refuse to ever give him credit for anything. If Hillary had been President we would likely be still waiting for the first vaccine.

hey, if the vaccine was so great, why did all you wingnuts refuse to take it, even sued your employers when they wouldn't let you come back to work without it?

Of course, the vaccine had nothing to do with Trump... it was scientists and Moderna and Pfizer.

hey, if the vaccine was so great, why did all you wingnuts refuse to take it, even sued your employers when they wouldn't let you come back to work without it?

Of course, the vaccine had nothing to do with Trump... it was scientists and Moderna and Pfizer.
Not all of us “wingnuts” refused the vaccine. I have two shots and one booster and am considering a second booster. I believe every Trump supporter I know has been vaccinated.

Plus I should point out it was the Democrats who were saying the vaccine was unsafe. Demcorats often blame Republicans for the bad shit they do.

Not all of us “wingnuts” refused the vaccine. I have two shots and one booster and am considering a second booster. I believe every Trump supporter I know has been vaccinated.

Speak for yourself.

There are plenty of us who are not stupid enough to allow these dangerous experimental mRNA drugs to be injected into us.

If you are right explain why Fauci praised Operation Warp Speed.

Plus I should point out it was the Democrats who were saying the vaccine was unsafe. Demcorats often blame Republicans for the bad shit they do.

Democrats had legitimate questions about Trump rushing a vaccine through.... but when it met the conditions, we accepted it.

Guys like Mormon Bob refuse to take the vaccine because they wouldn't admit the government was there to help them. As a result, Covid lasted a lot longer than it needed to.

If you are right explain why Fauci praised Operation Warp Speed.

Because he realized he was dealing with an insecure man-child as president who needed praise to get things done?

New Topics

Forum List

Back