Hollywood Cuts Its Wrists

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
With the coronavirus disrupting the global theater marketplace, Universal Pictures is making some of its current film releases available on demand starting this week, the studio announced Monday.
The Comcast-owned studio and its specialty label Focus Features will make films such as "The Invisible Man," "The Hunt" and "Emma," all of which are currently playing in theaters, available to rent on demand services such as Comcast (CCZ), Sky, Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) on Friday. Consumers will be able to rent the films for $19.99 per film for 48 hours.

$20 bucks apiece to just rent the shit films they've been making of late? Shirley, they jest.

Universal's movies currently in theaters will be made available on demand this week - CNN

But, but, but, but hey they're doing their part yo ..

This thing has gotten so out of hand that it ain't even funny anymore. Agree with the part about Hollyweird really letting this country down over the years though, and well that's just par for the course anymore.

Trump ought to put this virus thing to a national vote immediately, where as we the people then decide as to whether we want to take the chance to live in this nation in a normal uninhibited way with this thing, (taking proper precautions as is given by the CDC), and yet not being told that we can't gather, work or live our lives in a normal way because of the thing.

With the coronavirus disrupting the global theater marketplace, Universal Pictures is making some of its current film releases available on demand starting this week, the studio announced Monday.
The Comcast-owned studio and its specialty label Focus Features will make films such as "The Invisible Man," "The Hunt" and "Emma," all of which are currently playing in theaters, available to rent on demand services such as Comcast (CCZ), Sky, Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) on Friday. Consumers will be able to rent the films for $19.99 per film for 48 hours.

$20 bucks apiece to just rent the shit films they've been making of late? Shirley, they jest.

Universal's movies currently in theaters will be made available on demand this week - CNN

LOL. These Hollywood degenerates are demanding everyone else provide free rent, free groceries, free electricity and cash handouts..but still going to rent out their trash by the hour? Some of the weirder Hollyweird Democrats have been forced to retract their weird cure ideas from Twitter. Like Alyssa Milano. She has a new cure called "convalescent antibody theory".

The Screen Actors Guild is recruiting its members to write Congress and demand help for actors who are now suffering from lack of work and need a handout. You can find their panhandling here...Urgent Call to Action: Email Your Representative Today | SAG-AFTRA

How much is it these days to see a film in the movie theater?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I haven't been to a theater since December 30, 2012.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I haven't been for almost three years, but last time it was $15.00 for a matinee.

I don't think I will ever go to a movie theater to watch a movie again.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I haven't been for almost three years, but last time it was $15.00 for a matinee.
Wow. I just now looked at the website for the theater in my area and right now the prices are not being given due to the place being closed over the corona issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Where were you back when it was $15.00 for a matinee?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Same here.

May be even before that...
LOL... I can't remember the last time me and the wife went to a movie up town. Hmmm I want to say uhhhhh that the movie might have been called ummmmmmm "Titantic".

She just had to see that movie, then she just had to have that DVD... LOL. In fact that DVD surfaced again around here the other day, and I'm guessing she's fixing to watch it again.. uggh. :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wow. I just now looked at the website for the theater in my area and right now the prices are not being given due to the place being closed over the corona issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The movies were always to high, and the consession stand prices were ridiculously high. LOL. We just went by the car load to the drive in movie for $1.99. Put the lawn chairs out, and partied down. :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Northern Virginia.

I think the last film I saw in a theater was DUNKIRK.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The movies were always to high, and the consession stand prices were ridiculously high. LOL. We just went by the car load to the drive in movie for $1.99. Put the lawn chairs out, and partied down. :)

We just might see drive-ins make a return.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah especially after this order to seperate ourselves from crowds went into place. The original "Star Wars" movie against the night sky back drop was kind of cool when we saw that one way back in the day. The drive in movies were a blast for sure.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah especially after this order to seperate ourselves from crowds went into place. The original "Star Wars" movie against the night sky back drop was kind of cool when we saw that one way back in the day. The drive in movies were a blast for sure.

One could misbehave without consequences. :113:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

One could misbehave without consequences. :113:
Alot of babies came from that, so there were definitely consequences. LOL

I don't think I will ever go to a movie theater to watch a movie again.
I think that, regardless of this current coronavirus crisis, all movie theaters will go out of business within 5/10 years.
Internet killed almost all video rental stores. Movie theaters will be the next :shock:

Forum List

Back