Hobby Lobby and the Loss of America's Soul

candycorn said:
screamingeagle said:
Why is that?

They call people whom they never met a "slut" because Rush Limbaugh tells them.
why does a "poor" unmarried law student gal need someone else to pay for her contraceptives....she must need them for all that activity.....like most sluts....
She wanted (at least at one time) to have contraception included on the insurance she payed for. She wasn't asking you for shit dumbass.

Obamacare was upheld by the US Supreme Court during the Summer numbnuts. Two months ago on 11/5, you posted this:

Not a single reputable poll showed Romney within shouting distance of Obama except for a RCP poll that didn't even include the 50 state tally.

Learn to read a poll then I may take you more seriously.

As if you and your 100 round drum would stand a chance. It's an idiot's argument and I am not surprised you're the one making it.

I would be shocked if they acted any other waycolor me not shocked by your leftie rhetoric...

Whatever shitstain.

the "poor" lawyer student wanted her insurance to pay for her contraceptives....why should that be FORCED upon them.....? and now everybody else....
Maybe the poor insurance company could say the same thing about your hypertension medication. Why should they have to pay for that? It's your fault you have HBP. Right? Cut out red meat and salt and you won't get it.

Obamacare was upheld as a TAX.....which BO denies....
Really? Quote please.

government wants to ban a 100 round drum much more than a 5 bullet clip.....for good reason and its not because of sobby liberals...

Okay...not sure what your point is there but its undoubtedly moronic.

The liberal war against religion is in full swing....

Starting Jan 1, 2013 Hobby Lobby will need to come up with $1.3 million PER DAY in IRS excise taxes because they are sticking to their religious principles against Obama and his anti-religion minions....

Currently, Obamacare is ushering in a new definition of "religious liberty."

-----

Take for example the Oklahoma-based companies craft store giant Hobby Lobby and booksellers Mardel Inc. In 2010 Hobby Lobby grossed $2.6 billion in sales, and employed 13,000 people in 455 outlets in 42 states.

Currently, Hobby Lobby is the largest religiously-owned non-Catholic business to have filed a lawsuit against the HHS birth control directive. Yet, despite the fact that they've been founded and run on Christian principles, Oklahoma U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton ruled that Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations and therefore subject to the federal birth control dictate.

Because the Christian-owned company maintains that the mandate "violates the religious beliefs for their owners," it's evident that Hobby Lobby must think "religious liberty" is defined in a way other than how it is being defined by liberals at this time.

Hobby Lobby maintains that the "morning-after pill is tantamount to abortion because it can prevent a fertilized egg from becoming implanted in a woman's womb." Therefore, "defy[ing] a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill" is the company's way of staying true to its core convictions.

-----

Despite facing millions in fines, the noncompliant Hobby Lobby and Mardel Inc. CEO and founder David Green refuses to surrender the companies' religious convictions. Green has said he'd rather abandon the business. A $2.2 billion-a-year company that is willing to close itsdoors rather than compromise its core principles? Now that's impressive.

Read more: Articles: Hobby Lobby and the Loss of America's Soul

The last I heard, Hobby Lobby is not a church. It's a business.

So....?

you don't need to be in a church to practice your religion dimwit...

if liberals want to separate business from religion ......first close down all the Muslim halal businesses....:badgrin:

Starting Jan 1, 2013 Hobby Lobby will need to come up with $1.3 million PER DAY in IRS excise taxes because they are sticking to their religious principles against Obama and his anti-religion minions....

So....?

if liberals want to separate business from religion ......first close down all the Muslim halal businesses....:badgrin:

I'm all in favor of people practicing their religion to their heart's desire. Imposing their religious values on their employees simply because they work at THEIR business? Not at all.

As an aside, back in the 80's, I had a manager who thought his position as my immediate supervisor gave him the right to proselytize to me around Christmas time. He was wrong. He ultimately left the company and took a job with a church. I assume he's happy now because he can proselytize all day long, and he gets paid to do so. If the people who run Hobby Lobby are so intent on living their religious values in the work place, then perhaps they should do what my former supervisor did.

So....?

I'm all in favor of people practicing their religion to their heart's desire. Imposing their religious values on their employees simply because they work at THEIR business? Not at all.

As an aside, back in the 80's, I had a manager who thought his position as my immediate supervisor gave him the right to proselytize to me around Christmas time. He was wrong. He ultimately left the company and took a job with a church. I assume he's happy now because he can proselytize all day long, and he gets paid to do so. If the people who run Hobby Lobby are so intent on living their religious values in the work place, then perhaps they should do what my former supervisor did.

Sorry but the only imposition going on here is the Feds telling a business to buy contraception/abortion pills for their employees.....when that's against your religion you don't buy them and provide them....Hobby Lobby is willing to shut down their business because it means that much to them....that's called having a values system....something secularists steer clear of.....

Just how did BO get the power to impose such requirements?........oh right....from a 2000 page disaster that nobody read that he jammed through congress......and because he was after the womens' vote...:eusa_shhh:

So....?

Sorry but the only imposition going on here is the Feds telling a business to buy contraception/abortion pills for their employees.....when that's against your religion you don't buy them and provide them....Hobby Lobby is willing to shut down their business because it means that much to them....that's called having a values system....something secularists steer clear of.....

Just how did BO get the power to impose such requirements?........oh right....from a 2000 page disaster that nobody read that he jammed through congress......and because he was after the womens' vote...:eusa_shhh:

You're just mad that he did better job of getting the women's vote than Romney did of getting the whiney wingnut vote. It helps, of course, that you're a minority.

Now tell us more about what Newsmax and NRO has to say.

Employers are the ones who choose their employees. Not visa versa. Telling all your employees that they must adhere to your religious philosophy or "hit the road" is about as unAmerican as it gets.

Abortion/contraception is (and should be) a legal issue - devoid of any religious considerations (when it comes to employment law).

Yeah... because employers just kidnap passersby off the fucking streets and drag them in chains to service their cash registers and whatnot. :rolleyes:

Jeez, the shit you people come up with in order to subordinate the religious freedom of individual citizens is just crazy. Your whole, absurd ideology is about hating babies and random fucking... and you wonder why somebody might not want to have their property and cash seized in order to forward your perverted agenda.

You might want to focus a little more on logic and a lot less on profanity.
THIS person is a Christian who believes Jesus make the most convincing case for the seperation of Church and State ever when he said, "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Give unto God what is God's."

I believe abortion should be against the law - not for religious reasons, but because I believe every human being under the jurisdiction of the United States of America is entitled to protection under our legal system.

But i do NOT believe that claiming a "religious exemption" should shield people from following the same employment laws that every one else follows.

So before you start hurling vulgarities and silly generalizations at people you know nothing about, perhaps you should actually OPEN that Bible and read a bit instead of just thumping it all the time.

"Vulgarities" and "profanity" is what you're concerned with? :eusa_eh: What's more vulgar and profane than forcing one citizen to PAY for another's recreational sexual activities? We're not talking about health or medicine, we're talking about people who want to spend their time fucking but not buying their own birth control. They want their neighbor to pay instead.

So....?

Lol, yet you have no problem with the Godless heathens imposing their immoral beliefs on their employers just because they work for them huh? Here's a clue bud, by paying for birth control, or aborticants, they are being denied the right to practice their religion, which forbids them to participate in either in any way shape or form. Maybe the Hobby Lobby should do what I do in my company, refuse to hire anyone who is not a conservative denomination Church going, bible believing Christian. As for your immediate supervisor in the 80's, as long as he was allowed to socialize at that particular job and at the times he was speaking, he had every right to proselytize all he wanted to. You are guaranteed freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. That's what you Godless heathens seem to forget.

Wow...hyperbole much? A fucking hobby shop CHAIN STORE is the "soul" of America? What reality do ya'll exist in?

The one where we selectively follow a book of 3000 year old superstitions....

Here's a reality check. Only two people should be involved in a woman's decision to use contraception.

The woman and her doctor.

Not employers, insurance companies, churches or governments.

So why are ya'll involving the employer and the insurance company?

i'm not. They are going to do what they are fuckin' told and shut up about it.

Hobby Lobby should close its doors. Fire everyone and close up shop. Move offshore and become an online retailer with a foreign distribution center.

I wish they would. Then I wouldn't have to drive an hour minimum to shop there.

Currently, Obamacare is ushering in a new definition of "religious liberty."

-----

Take for example the Oklahoma-based companies craft store giant Hobby Lobby and booksellers Mardel Inc. In 2010 Hobby Lobby grossed $2.6 billion in sales, and employed 13,000 people in 455 outlets in 42 states.

Currently, Hobby Lobby is the largest religiously-owned non-Catholic business to have filed a lawsuit against the HHS birth control directive. Yet, despite the fact that they've been founded and run on Christian principles, Oklahoma U.S. District Judge Joe Heaton ruled that Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations and therefore subject to the federal birth control dictate.

Because the Christian-owned company maintains that the mandate "violates the religious beliefs for their owners," it's evident that Hobby Lobby must think "religious liberty" is defined in a way other than how it is being defined by liberals at this time.

Hobby Lobby maintains that the "morning-after pill is tantamount to abortion because it can prevent a fertilized egg from becoming implanted in a woman's womb." Therefore, "defy[ing] a federal mandate requiring it to offer employees health coverage that includes access to the morning-after pill" is the company's way of staying true to its core convictions.

-----

Despite facing millions in fines, the noncompliant Hobby Lobby and Mardel Inc. CEO and founder David Green refuses to surrender the companies' religious convictions. Green has said he'd rather abandon the business. A $2.2 billion-a-year company that is willing to close itsdoors rather than compromise its core principles? Now that's impressive.

Read more: Articles: Hobby Lobby and the Loss of America's Soul

Another public school educated dumbass that has no clue what the Constitution says. Let me help you out dim.
1st amendment; Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

No mention of ONLY in church. If congress makes a law that prohibits you from practicing your religion, ANYWHERE, that is unconstituional, period.

Forcing someone to purchase insurance that covers abortion pills is in fact forcing someone to go against thier faith.....But Progressive democrats being the fascists they are don't understand that....

We understand. We just don't care. NOBODY'S religion should matter more than anyone else's.

And FYI, that's not a fascist tenet, a government that's blind with respect to religion is of the Liberal Faith.

Another public school educated dumbass that has no clue what the Constitution says. Let me help you out dim.
1st amendment; Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

No mention of ONLY in church. If congress makes a law that prohibits you from practicing your religion, ANYWHERE, that is unconstituional, period.

What law did Congress make regarding Hobby Lobby's insurance plan?

It's a bit of a stretch to call refusing to offer birth control coverage to employees "practicing your religion".

That’s not at issue.

How exactly does the ACA compel the owners themselves of Hobby Lobby to use contraceptives?

Requiring employers to provide comprehensive health insurance coverage as a form of compensation which may or may not include the administering of contraceptive therapies in no way directly effects the owners, who are free to use contraceptives or not.

What an employer’s employee does with his compensation – regardless its form – is the employee’s business and the employee’s business alone.

Any con know who where this came from? :eusa_whistle:

When followers of a particular sect enter into commercial activity as a matter of choice, the limits they accept on their own conduct as a matter of conscience and faith are not to be superimposed on the statutory schemes which are binding on others in that activity.

ScreamingEagle has proof that the election was rigged. Its on youtube so it must be true. Whens the press conference?

If Karl Rove isn't going to court over it, we can all be satisfied.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk]Karl Rove's election night melt-down over Ohio results on Fox News - YouTube[/ame]

Who the fuck do liberals think they are to force people who don't believe in abortion to pay for other people's abortions. It's truly a sickness.

That exact same argument has been made against paying for wars we don't believe in too. For Eons.

You simpleton. Any law that makes an exemption for a religion, is respecting an establishment. No one is forcing anyone to take birth control. The law provides a baseline of what is to be provided. That's it.

Do Quakers taxes, in part, support military interventions? Is the tax dollars of Jews used, in part, to subsidize pig farms? Are the tax dollars of Muslims, in part, used to negotiate shell fishing management?

You're a fucking nitwit.

Forum List

Back