Hmmm....Mexico has extreme gun control, but 30% of guns sold to Mexican government go missing....wanna guess who gets them?

More guns me thinks.
In Canada, not allowing handguns on the streets is the main difference as it applies to guns.
I've never heard a better explanation for the huge difference.
I've heard it argued that the American mindset of military violence has a carry over effect on young men seeing some glamour in guns, which stays with them when they mature. But I know that's a significant effect on young men in Canada too. I was one.

Canada will never adopt any law similar to 'stand your ground'. They're a license to murder!
Our powers that be who make laws aren't of the opinion that a death is a desirable outcome, while most Americans do. They're not shy about saying so.

So there's a few possible reasons why those other countries' laws make a difference!

In a just world, former president Obama, his A.G. and ranking members of the ATF would face charges of negligent homicide in the death of a Border Patrol Officer who was murdered by one of the weapons shipped to Mexico in "Operation Fast/Furious" but strangely enough nobody in the ATF was even fired.

In Canada, not allowing handguns on the streets is the main difference as it applies to guns.
I would disagree with this, but I know you cannot demonstrate it to be true, so there's no need.
Canada will never adopt any law similar to 'stand your ground'. They're a license to murder!
How did you develop this particular mal-understanding of 'stand your ground'?

Forum List

Back