Hmmm...Massachusetts gun control laws had no impact on gun crime rates.....who saw that coming? Well, we did........

The Europeans are not more free than we are and they are becoming less free by the day........sing the song "Kung Fu Fighting," and then get ready to be arrested........
We can cross the road where we want. You free Americans have to be told by lit up signs where you can cross.

You're so free, America incarcerates more of it:s population than any other country.

I think you need to grab a dictionary, you are thick as fuck.

America would have to have buy back schemes on gins that wouldn't comply with new gun regulations and authorities would have to apply procedures robustly. On top of that, you need heavy fines and jail sentences for those who breach regs. And it'll take decades to filter through because of the number of gun nuts you have.

Moron....we have heavy fines and penalties...the democrat party simply releases the most violent, known, repeat gun offenders over and over again............you idiot.

Uh, that's called War... My Native American Ancestors would like to have a word...

Well, that's a pretty stupid song... sooo

But seriously.

Germany only locks up 75,000 people. The UK 78,000 people... Japan 69,000

The US locks up 2 million people.

It doesn't matter how many people we lock up you idiot.......the democrat party keeps releasing the criminals who do almost all of t he shootings..........so locking them up temporarily isn't locking them up, you doofus.

Moron....we have heavy fines and penalties...the democrat party simply releases the most violent, known, repeat gun offenders over and over again............you idiot.
Not pussy fines that you're thinking of, real heavy fines, many thousands, many years in jail.

Not pussy fines that you're thinking of, real heavy fines, many thousands, many years in jail.

Moron.......we have heavy fines...the democrat party is simply releasing repeat gun offenders without bail....they are arrested and out in less than 48 hours.

Yup, if you keep trying to move the goalposts, you could probably get the ZERO.

???? Who's moving goalposts? Who's trying to minimize the numbers? I explained the single rare reason why I might use the Mother Jones tally and why I prefer using the higher, much higher, Gun Violence Archive tally which was 693 "mass shootings" last year.

Why did you ignore my very easy to understand statement and instead invent this straw man, this opposite reality?

Why must you always misrepresent and lie?

Actually ALL the gun numbers are depressing. 43,000 gun deaths, 16,000 gun homicides, 70,000 gun injuries,

True but just because lumping them all together works for you, doesn't mean that blanket "gun control" policy change (especially directed at people who aren't criminals) will address the different dynamics and reduce those crimes. You think you are being insightful and compelling, all you are showing is your disingenuousness and pathological partisan myopia.

400,000 gun crimes (and no, that doesn't include some black dude merely HAVING a gun, which is what you want to throw them into a jail cell we don't have),

I'm for equal application of the law, prosecuting all illegal gun use without regard for the race of the offender . . .

213 BILLION in gun-related expenses, the completely loss of civil liberties in this country trying to accommodate a few fetishists....

The various governments have wide, near plenary powers to investigate, prosecute and punish criminals for crimes committed. Government has no express power to restrict the rights of the citizen to acquire, possess and use arms of a type in common use for lawful purpose.

Uh, guy, get real. The Europeans have more freedom than we do.

Why don't you "get real" and for once address what I write?

As late as the 1960's, the NRA and Sensible Republicans were passing common sense gun laws.

Well, the USA went quite a long time with no federal gun laws. In 1934 they wrote a gun law in the tax code. They knew they couldn't outright "ban" any gun which is why they invented taxing the transfer of machine guns and sawed off shotguns between citizens. This law required all owners to buy a stamp to prove the $200 tax was paid.

Congressional power to tax is rarely challenged and even more rarely invalidated but the NFA-34 was essentially held to be unenforceable under the 5th Amendment in Haynes v. United States, 390 U.S. 85 (1968). The NFA-34 had to be saved and the GCA-68 did that (and much much more) by Congress claiming wide authority to regulate guns under the commerce clause.

The GCA-68 woke up gun owners to the degree the federal government was willing to impact regular gun owners and the gun rights movement was birthed . . . As you note in your typical disingenuous, bullshit spewing manner:

So what happened was that in the 1970's, the crazies hijacked the NRA, and the gun industry flooded our streets with cheaper, more deadly guns.

Your insane hyperbole never disappoints!

When the CDC showed that gun proliferation WAS the problem, Congress passed the Dickey Act to keep the CDC from studying gun violence.

And there it is! Every post from you has the requisite blatant lie . . .

When the victims of the DC Snipers successfully sued the gun sellers and makers, Congress passed a law exempting them from civil liability.

And of course, a disingenuous anti-gunner supports disingenuous lawsuits and their intent to abuse the courts to do what they can not legislatively.

Forum List

Back