Hitler’s genocide, evil. Yahweh’s genocides good; say Christians, Muslims & Jews! -- ?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Hitler’s genocide, evil. Yahweh’s genocides good; say Christians, Muslims & Jews! -- ?

I must be reading the religionist nice guys wrong. Religions are supposed to be religions of peace. Not of war. Genocide is a war god’s tool.

I do not want to believe that my parents, Christians, would condone such crimes against humanity.

I am sure you fell the same way for your parents.

Do as your religion bid you do. Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Please show your love and correct me by proving me wrong and admit you hate all genocidal characters.

I must be wrong.

Regards
DL

I must be reading the religionist nice guys wrong. Religions are supposed to be religions of peace. Not of war. Genocide is a war god’s tool.

I do not want to believe that my parents, Christians, would condone such crimes against humanity.

Do as your religion bid you do. Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Please show your love and correct me by proving me wrong and admit you hate all genocidal characters.

I must be wrong.

Regards
DL
You don't need to to build strawmen arguments to not believe in God. Just don't believe. But if your goal is to convince others to not believe in God, then your strawmen argument will only sway the less intelligent.

Maimonides responds...

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

I must be wrong.

Regards
DL
Read the book of Jonah. You maybe in for a shock. Hint: It isn't just about a guy living in the belly of some sort of fish/whale for 3 days.

Forum List

Back