History will record Sean Spicer as an incompetent joke.

You dumbasses are losing it. Nobody anywhere has EVER cared about who the Press Secretary was. Damn you people are moon bats.
Poor Sean, Trump supporters don't even care about him.

Actually poor you, your life is well.......small. Oh yes I am neither a Repub or a Trump supporter.
That is good news for the Republicans and Trump

Oh look, I've hurt your feelers. You'll be ok little boy, run along.

Is that like history recording Crooked Hillary as a failure and Barack Obama as a disaster?
The alt-right will be mentioned in history books with the KKK and the Nazis.
Your relatives must be very proud of you.

Just imagine you having to explain to your grandkids that you supported that affirmative action idiot Obama who increased poverty, decreased family income, had dismal economic growth and straddled them with enormous debt. Then having to explain why you supported that incompetent dishonest asshole Crooked Hillary. They will know that you are a moron when they find that pink pussy hat in the trunk in the attic.

Of course being a Moon Bat there is a significant chance that you are a homosexual and may not have any grandkids, right?
Why do so many on both sides of the political spectrum find the alt right despicable?

Why was that asshole Obama despised by so many Heartland Americans and Crooked Hillary rejected for the second time to be President?

How come the filthy Democrats have lost over a 1,000 nation wide offices in addition to the Congress and White House?
The alt-right is a piece of dog shit on the foot of the conservatives. So please do not take credit for the conservative gains. They did it despite the alt-right.
One of the best things about the Democrats is they do not have the Alt-right dog shit on their shoe.
I want to amend the above statement; The Alt-right is a piece of SHIT on the foot of conservatives; not dog shit. That is a huge insult to dogs. I love dogs.

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?
I disagree entirely. I think Spicer has done a damn good job. His main job has been to push a positive narrative and outlook on an administrations goals. An administration [led by a president who wakes up in the morning and undermines anything that they said the previous day by 6 am. He has come up with some really good narratives to justify positions that were nigh impossible to do so.

You are judging Spicer on a preconceived position of the administration. His performance is reflected in the ability to deal with that administration and take that message to a press that wants to eviscerate him. On that note, I think he has done damn good. The communications breakdown within the admin is because of Trump and his 'style,' not Spicer's ability to do his job.

You dumbasses are losing it. Nobody anywhere has EVER cared about who the Press Secretary was. Damn you people are moon bats.
Poor Sean, Trump supporters don't even care about him.

Actually poor you, your life is well.......small. Oh yes I am neither a Repub or a Trump supporter.
That is good news for the Republicans and Trump

Oh look, I've hurt your feelers. You'll be ok little boy, run along.
You know how to really hurt someone. Posts like yours above should not be allowed because it is so vicious.

History will record Sean Spicer as an incompetent joke.

I don't think so. SNL might present him that way, but I doubt history will. I'd be surprised if history even mentions him, for his role in the WH was that of a factotum. He's not so much even as a footnote in history. History and current events are very different things. Merely being well known in the latter context does not at all ensure one mention in the former.

To wit, does anyone who's not a presidential historian of sorts, without looking it up, know who was the first WH press secretary? I sure don't. The best I can do is infer -- based on inferences drawn from my recollections of the accessibility people and the press had to the president and that 19th century and earlier POTUSes themselves usually spoke personally about the actions and intents of their Administrations -- that the first one likely didn't exist until sometime in the 20th century.

I think the job Spicer had as press secretary calls for a faster and deeper thinking and more adroit rhetorician than Spicer is. I think Spicer would have been fine as the press secretary for a cabinet secretary or agency/bureau director where the scope of considerations and implications of one's remarks is far narrower than it is for the POTUS.

Not being "up to snuff" in a WH role is hardly a mark of incompetence; it doesn't get more demanding and the bar is set no higher than that. Not succeeding there indicates only that one has risen above one's own facility, not that one is indeed incompetent. That's not to say one cannot be in the WH and also indeed be incompetent, but rather that disappointing performance there isn't a sure sign of one's being incompetent in any absolute sense. At best and more likely, one may appear incompetent relative to one's WH coworkers and predecessors.
See above.

I do not think that Spicer was the problem and actually thought he did very well at maneuvering around the various IED's that Trump put out on a daily basis. Never expected him to last - I don't expect anyone in the administration to. Trump expects them to do things they cannot and values loyalty over effectiveness in an area that he has no real experience or knowledge of.

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?
I disagree entirely. I think Spicer has done a damn good job. His main job has been to push a positive narrative and outlook on an administrations goals. An administration [led by a president who wakes up in the morning and undermines anything that they said the previous day by 6 am. He has come up with some really good narratives to justify positions that were nigh impossible to do so.

You are judging Spicer on a preconceived position of the administration. His performance is reflected in the ability to deal with that administration and take that message to a press that wants to eviscerate him. On that note, I think he has done damn good. The communications breakdown within the admin is because of Trump and his 'style,' not Spicer's ability to do his job.
Spicer sold his sole in lying to justify Trump's lies.
He sold his sole for Trump and Trump returned the favor by demoting him until he had no choice but to quit.

History should show the press turning into attack dogs for the progressives that got their asses handed to them in the election.
The press like guns are protected by the Constitution. Guns are worse than attack dogs.
The President should not take away the press just like he should not take away guns.
It is unconstitutional to undermine the press.

When the press lies about what is constitutional? And how is calling them liars undermining them? It is simply returning the favor. Are all of you emotionally stunted?
When has the press ever lied about what is constitutional, Einstein?

[QU

The alt-right is a piece of dog shit on the foot of the conservatives. So please do not take credit for the conservative gains. They did it despite the alt-right.
One of the best things about the Democrats is they do not have the Alt-right dog shit on their shoe.

Speaking of dog shit the Democrat Party nowadays pretty well has that title in the bag nowadays, don't they? A party of all the despicable dumbass greedy special interest groups. The scum of America.

[Q

I want to amend the above statement; The Alt-right is a piece of SHIT on the foot of conservatives; not dog shit. That is a huge insult to dogs. I love dogs.

If the Democrat Party wasn't generally viewed as dog shit then they wouldn't have lost a thousand nationwide offices, Congress and the Presidency, would they?

The Alt Right doesn't even exist as an organization while the filthy ass Democrat Party is a coalition of all the greedy despicable special interest groups in this country and the assholes actually even have a platform to spell out why they are assholes.

[QU

Speaking of dog shit the Democrat Party nowadays pretty well has that title in the bag nowadays, don't they? A party of all the despicable dumbass greedy special interest groups. The scum of America.
I regretfully say that the Democratic party is horribly inept, currently.
Despicable dumb asses are your words but if you say the Democrats are despicable dumb asses, the alt right is substantially below that in the vast majority of American citizens.

Most white people take comfort in the fact they are not alt-right. The worst of the white race in the world.
When white trash get kicked out of their double wide they become part of the alt-right

History should show the press turning into attack dogs for the progressives that got their asses handed to them in the election.
The press like guns are protected by the Constitution. Guns are worse than attack dogs.
The President should not take away the press just like he should not take away guns.
Two things.

It is NOT unconstitutional to undermine the press, and;

The press undermined itself with its lies and advocacy for the Democrats.
It is unconstitutional for any branch of the US government to undermine the press.
Freedom of the press is a constitutional right as a check on the government.

Is it constitutional for a branch of the government to undermine gun ownership?
Undermining the press when they are proven liars is NOT banning the press. The press is as free to print/talk about anything they desire. They do NOT have a constitutional right to credibility.

You'd think people like you would think before posting.

Two things.

It is unconstitutional for any branch of the US government to undermine the press.

Undermining the press when they are proven liars is NOT banning the press. The press is as free to print/talk about anything they desire. They do NOT have a constitutional right to credibility.

The President has been caught in more blatant lies than the press he calls "fake news".
To call a factual news story fake as President of the United States is curtailing the freedom of the press

Two things.

The President has been caught in more blatant lies than the press he calls "fake news".
To call a factual news story fake as President of the United States is curtailing the freedom of the press
What? No, it is not. Holy crap but you guys are whiners.

If that were the case then Obama's claim against FoxNews would make him guilty of shutting down the press.

Gah....but you need to get a grip.

No news organization has the right to be treated as credible. Ho Li Fuk

Two things.

If that were the case then Obama's claim against FoxNews would make him guilty of shutting down the press.

To go after one story, one news outlet is not calling all news fake news.
Trump is going after the press substantially more than any President. He has tried to question the judiciary. He puts down our intelligence agencies. He threatens Republican congressman.
Trump is working to increase his power and decrease the power and legitimacy of every check our constitution and government has put on the power of the President.
That is why he likes Russia, they do not have the checks on Putin; Trump's hero.

Two things.

Trump is going after the press substantially more than any President. He has tried to question the our judiciary. He puts down our intelligence agencies. He threatens Republican congressman.
Trump is working to increase his power and decrease the power and legitimacy of every check our constitution and government has put on the power of the President.
That is why he likes Russia, they do not have the checks on Putin; Trump's hero.
Tell the press to get some professional ethics and it won't happen.

This is just PC shit to keep the opposition from fighting back against any and all accusations they wish to make up.

The press is nothing more than an advocacy group for progressive ideology and will be called such until they figure out that doing nothing but attacking conservatives and Republicans are doing more damage to THIER credibility than it is to ours.

Until then, I hope that Trump keeps attacking their credibility. This is politics, both sides are permitted to hit back.

However, the only way government is interfering with the press if by silencing them. That means they are prevented from telling the nation the story. Clearly, that is not and has not happened.

Good day to you.

Trump is going after the press substantially more than any President. He has tried to question the our judiciary. He puts down our intelligence agencies. He threatens Republican congressman.
Tell the press to get some professional ethics and it won't happen.

This is just PC shit to keep the opposition from fighting back against any and all accusations they wish to make up.

The press is nothing more than an advocacy group for progressive ideology and will be called such until they figure out that doing nothing but attacking conservatives and Republicans are doing more damage to THIER credibility than it is to ours.

Until then, I hope that Trump keeps attacking their credibility. This is politics, both sides are permitted to hit back.

However, the only way government is interfering with the press if by silencing them. That means they are prevented from telling the nation the story. Clearly, that is not and has not happened.

Good day to you.
The press received the same criticism during Watergate. Nixon tried to silence the press, also. Nixon was not as aggressive in trying to silence the press as Trump.

Forum List

Back