History That Led Up to Arizona Bill

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Events in history have no actual beginning. One can start to explain an event at any point that led up to the event. This is true of the Arizona Bill.
Today, for example may be one of the origins of evenets that led to the situation that led to the bill.

May 13, 1846
Pres. Polk ordered General Zachary Taylor to seize disputed Texan land. Congress declared war on Mexico, despite protestations by the Mexican government that Thornton had crossed the border into Mexican Texas — a border that Mexico claimed began south of the Nueces River, and which the United States claimed began further to the south at the Rio Grande (Río Bravo).

General Mariano Parades seized power in Mexico City, declared his intention of driving the Americans out of Texas, mobilized the Mexican army and ordered an attack on American troops along the Rio Grande. On April 23, 1846 he issued a Declaration of War against the United States. The U. S. did not declare war on Mexico until May 13, after Mexican forces had attacked an American patrol north of the Rio Grande.

In the evolution of Presidential power, this day saw the transition of power to declare war. The framers specifically reserved the power to declare war to the Legislative branch, even though chief executives had routinely defended American interests abroad with military means as early as Jefferson’s actions against the Barbary pirates in 1801, but Polk almost demanded that Congress recognize that a state of war already existed, and any who failed to respond would be branded as cowards.

Last edited:
The origins don't matter as much as what the result was.

Any country has to constantly do what it can to prevent infiltration of outside forces into their country. Outside forces that have the intent of taking land ether by force or other means.

The left wants to claim that some border areas belong to Mexico and even most of California as well.

So we're flooded in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas with Hispanics. Some of them feel this is the easiest way to take back lands they lost in a war and the left thinks we should lose it. Imagine the mess those states would become if Mexico held them today. Anyone who's been in Mexico would realize that California wouldn't be worth a fraction of what it is today if that were the case.

Last edited:
Huh. Not what I was expecting though I did enjoy reading that.

So....you're a non-believer???

Let me show you some evidence....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6C6IXqVLQM&feature=related[/ame]

Sunday, May 09, 2010
Los Angeles High School Teacher Calls For Overthrow Of The United States On Campus At UCLA

Ron Gochez is currently a HISTORY teacher (yikes) at Santee H.S. in Los Angeles.

Here is his H.S.:
Santee Education Complex
Phone: (213) 763-1000
Los Angeles Unified School District
Tel: 213-241-7000
[email protected]
Los Angeles Board of Education:
Tel: 213-241-6389
Email: [email protected]

Ron Gochez, Anti-Semitic Social Justice Teacher and Reconquista Activist, Connects With Underage Student Hotties on MySpace

There's a little buzz tonight surrounding a three year-old protest video featuring Los Angeles revolutionary/reconquista activist Ron Gochez -- who's listed as a Social Studies Teacher in the School of Public Service and Social Justice at Los Angeles' Santee High School.

Here's this from Gochez's speech at UCLA in 2007:

We are revolutionary Mexican organization here. We understand that this is not just about Mexico. It’s about a global struggle against imperialism and capitalism… At the forefront of this revolutionary movement is La Raza. We will no longer fall for these lies called borders. We see America as a northern front of a revolutionary movement… Our enemy is capitalism and imperialism.

Infidel Bloggers Alliance: Los Angeles High School Teacher Calls For Overthrow Of The United States On Campus At UCLA

Last edited:
Mexico teaches its own history; the USA teaches theirs - pick your poison. I rather believe in what the USA teaches as Mexico has proved its ineptness now for centuries.

Huh. Not what I was expecting though I did enjoy reading that.

Sigh. No, I was expecting a more contemporary list of events, not a more far reaching one.

And for the record, I understand how it has come to this in Arizona. I'm not saying I like it, but I understand how it got to this point.

So...3 or 4 days ago isn't recent enough??

Wow.....tough crowd.

Sigh. No, I was expecting a more contemporary list of events, not a more far reaching one.

And for the record, I understand how it has come to this in Arizona. I'm not saying I like it, but I understand how it got to this point.

Wow.....tough crowd.

I meant the OP, which traces the situtation back to the 1800's. Are you trying to pick a fight? You seem pretty worked up.

Wow.....tough crowd.

I meant the OP, which traces the situtation back to the 1800's. Are you trying to pick a fight? You seem pretty worked up.

Far reaching? Did you say far reaching?

May 14th, 1607 The first permanent English settlement in the US established at Jamestown, Va. On this day, three ships, The Godspeed ( Captain Christian Newport), The Susan Constant, and The Discovery ended four and a half months landing 214 men on Jamestown Island. Within two years, only 60 survived. Supplies came with the ships of Thomas West (Lord De La Ware). Jamestown was established in Southern Virginia, and, at the same time Sagadahoc Plantation was established in Northern Virginia.

But Jamestown, regarded as the first permanent English settlement in America, gave us three of our most important founding principles: private property rights, representative government, and civilian control of the military. Its commercial success, due to John Rolfe’s experimentation with tobacco as an export crop, laid the foundation of our capitalist, entrepreneurial culture.

You may be familiar with the concept of Indra's Net, sometimes expressed as "TheButterfly Effect," which applies in this thread.

"Indra's net (also called Indra's jewels or Indra's pearls) is a metaphor used to illustrate the concepts of emptiness,[2] dependent origination,[3] and interpenetration[4] in Buddhist philosophy. The metaphor of Indra's net was developed by the Mahayana Buddhist school in the 3rd century scriptures of the Avatamsaka Sutra, and later by the Chinese Huayan school between the 6th and 8th century.[2]

Buddhist concepts of interpenetration hold that all phenomena are intimately connected; for the Huayan school, Indra's net symbolizes a universe where infinitely repeated mutual relations exist between all members of the universe.[5] This idea is communicated in the image of the interconnectedness of the universe as seen in the net of the Vedic god Indra, whose net hangs over his palace on Mount Meru, the axis mundi of Vedic cosmology and Vedic mythology. Indra's net has a multifaceted jewel at each vertex, and each jewel is reflected in all of the other jewels:[6]"

Indra's net - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow.....tough crowd.

May 14th, 1607 The first permanent English settlement in the US established at Jamestown, Va. On this day, three ships, The Godspeed ( Captain Christian Newport), The Susan Constant, and The Discovery ended four and a half months landing 214 men on Jamestown Island. Within two years, only 60 survived. Supplies came with the ships of Thomas West (Lord De La Ware). Jamestown was established in Southern Virginia, and, at the same time Sagadahoc Plantation was established in Northern Virginia.

But Jamestown, regarded as the first permanent English settlement in America, gave us three of our most important founding principles: private property rights, representative government, and civilian control of the military. Its commercial success, due to John Rolfe’s experimentation with tobacco as an export crop, laid the foundation of our capitalist, entrepreneurial culture.

You may be familiar with the concept of Indra's Net, sometimes expressed as "TheButterfly Effect," which applies in this thread.

"Indra's net (also called Indra's jewels or Indra's pearls) is a metaphor used to illustrate the concepts of emptiness,[2] dependent origination,[3] and interpenetration[4] in Buddhist philosophy. The metaphor of Indra's net was developed by the Mahayana Buddhist school in the 3rd century scriptures of the Avatamsaka Sutra, and later by the Chinese Huayan school between the 6th and 8th century.[2]

Buddhist concepts of interpenetration hold that all phenomena are intimately connected; for the Huayan school, Indra's net symbolizes a universe where infinitely repeated mutual relations exist between all members of the universe.[5] This idea is communicated in the image of the interconnectedness of the universe as seen in the net of the Vedic god Indra, whose net hangs over his palace on Mount Meru, the axis mundi of Vedic cosmology and Vedic mythology. Indra's net has a multifaceted jewel at each vertex, and each jewel is reflected in all of the other jewels:[6]"

:clap2:

And for the record, I like tracing stuff waaaayyyyyyyyy back. It was just from the thread title I expected to read about border incursions by Mexican cartels that are becoming more common in recent years. Going back to border skirmishes in the 1800's was just a surprise.

:clap2:

And for the record, I like tracing stuff waaaayyyyyyyyy back. It was just from the thread title I expected to read about border incursions by Mexican cartels that are becoming more common in recent years. Going back to border skirmishes in the 1800's was just a surprise.

Well, if America is involved, this is as "waaaayyyyyyyyy back" as we can go.

Forum List

Back