History Channel.."veteran actor to host military series"

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Is it a play on words? The H.C. is promoting a series featuring old war movies "hosted by veteran actor Lou Diamond Philips". I like like young Lou Diamond Philips but he is neither a "veteran actor" nor a Veteran. His father was a Navy Veteran. There was a time when every male actor in Hollywood was a Veteran but those days are dying out like the WW2 Vets. As a Veteran myself I am vaguely insulted by the seemingly cheap attempt by the HC to connect a hollywood actor to a series of war movies by calling him a "veteran actor". Who uses the term "veteran actor " anyway?

Is it a play on words? The H.C. is promoting a series featuring old war movies "hosted by veteran actor Lou Diamond Philips". I like like young Lou Diamond Philips but he is neither a "veteran actor" nor a Veteran. His father was a Navy Veteran. There was a time when every male actor in Hollywood was a Veteran but those days are dying out like the WW2 Vets. As a Veteran myself I am vaguely insulted by the seemingly cheap attempt by the HC to connect a hollywood actor to a series of war movies by calling him a "veteran actor". Who uses the term "veteran actor " anyway?

lotsa people apparently

Google

lotsa people apparently

Google

"Lotsa people apparently". Thanks del. Remind me to nominate you for the brief stupid post award. Phillips was born in 1962. His first major role was La Bomba in 1988. You might stretch the issue to the breaking point and call Gary Busey a "veteran actor" but Phillips ain't.

lotsa people apparently

Google

"Lotsa people apparently". Thanks del. Remind me to nominate you for the brief stupid post award. Phillips was born in 1962. His first major role was La Bomba in 1988. You might stretch the issue to the breaking point and call Gary Busey a "veteran actor" but Phillips ain't.

whatever, dude, enjoy your outrage. :lol:

some people would consider 23 years enough time to call someone a veteran, but i guess when you're 89 and senile, different parameters are in play.

lotsa people apparently

Google

:lol: :clap2:

lotsa people apparently

Google

some people would consider 23 years enough time to call someone a veteran, but i guess when you're 89 and senile, different parameters are in play.

Listen close del. Phillips isn't a Veteran. The perameters in place for hollywood actors to be considered veteran actors don't come close to forty-something. It just don't work even if you are 89 and senile. Why don't you bail out of the thread and slink back to wherever big birds go?

Listen close del. Phillips isn't a Veteran. The perameters in place for hollywood actors to be considered veteran actors don't come close to forty-something. It just don't work even if you are 89 and senile. Why don't you bail out of the thread and slink back to wherever big birds go?

BOOM goes the dynamite :clap2:

vet·er·an
noun
1. a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like: a veteran of the police force; a veteran of many sports competitions.
2. a person who has served in a military force, especially one who has fought in a war: a Vietnam veteran.

‘Veteran’ has a number meanings, just two noted above. It is not exclusive to those who served in the military. Its use is appropriate and accurate with regard to Phillips.

Your post and outrage are pointless.

enjoy your outrage, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say 20+ years of doing anything qualifies someone as a veteran fill in the blank.

BOOM goes the dynamite :clap2:

yeah, i'm crushed.

:eusa_shhh:

Sorry, Champ, but "veteran" isn't a word exclusively owned by veterans of military service.

Save you ire for something worthy of your ire, amigo.

Well he's 49 with a film career that goes back to '84(27 yrs). At what point does he become a veteran? No disrespect to those who served, but the military doesn't own the word 'veteran'. If he played in the NFL, it would only take about 5 years to earn that title!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
john wayne was no veteran either......in all honesty most actors of any given age are not in military....

well shut my mouth......i am so wrong .....

Movie Stars who Served in WWII

red skeleton was drafted!!!

Bones, I'm not tryin to say that E doesn't = MC squared. I am just trying to point out that those shitty little long haired HC writers who never jumped at the command of a Drill Instructor want to put one over on us with word games. It's unfortunate that they decided to call a 40 something actor who had never served in the Military a "veteran" just to promote a Military program. That's all.

I agree with just about everyone's posts however what "get" me is not the implication of a "veteran" because as others have stated, the military simply does not own the title of "veteran" HOWEVER the implication of a veteran OFFICER does bug me because it does imply a military veteran and an officer at that. Did you know that it's a felony to impersonate a military officer? Not to mention flat offensive to us plain old regular enlisted "military veterans". Plus, it's fairly obvious that the HC isn't going for a play on words here by implying A Veteran "Actor" and a movie. To support that view is ignorant and self deceptive. I mean COME ON, Really?!? That's flat out ridiculous, No Ludicrous. I know some of you are gonna argue and fight just for the sake of arguing and fighting. But..... Whatever. That's my take on it anyway. Aaaaaaaaaaaaanndddd here come the retaliations of those I mentioned before, those who'll bitch and fight just for the sake of doing so.

Lol, so I don't get on these boards too often........ Okay, actually not at all hence the two year delay.

But since you asked, your political affiliation sucks! Lmao.

New Topics

Forum List

Back