Historically, no Antarctic ice shelf when CO2 is above 400 ppm

I was unaware the international representatives at these conferences had legislative power over the US. I thought Congress had to approve all treaty obligations. No?

I was unaware the international representatives at these conferences had legislative power over the US. I thought Congress had to approve all treaty obligations. No?

The Paris Accord wasn't binding?

So why all the liberal tears when we withdrew?

Do you not understand how international treaties work?
The main aim of the Agreement is to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels", predominantly by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The Agreement differs from the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, the last widely adopted amendment to the UNFCCC, in that no annexes are established to lessen responsibility of developing nations. Rather, emissions targets for each nation were separately negotiated and are to be voluntarily enforced, leading United States officials to regard the Paris Agreement as an executive agreement rather than a legally binding treaty. This removed the requirement for the United States Congress to ratify the agreement.[32] In April 2016, the United States became a signatory to the Paris Agreement, and accepted it by executive order in September 2016. President Obama committed the United States to contributing US$3 billion to the Green Climate Fund.[33] The Fund has set itself a goal of raising $100 billion a year by 2020.

The main aim of the Agreement is to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels", predominantly by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The Agreement differs from the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, the last widely adopted amendment to the UNFCCC, in that no annexes are established to lessen responsibility of developing nations. Rather, emissions targets for each nation were separately negotiated and are to be voluntarily enforced, leading United States officials to regard the Paris Agreement as an executive agreement rather than a legally binding treaty. This removed the requirement for the United States Congress to ratify the agreement.[32] In April 2016, the United States became a signatory to the Paris Agreement, and accepted it by executive order in September 2016. President Obama committed the United States to contributing US$3 billion to the Green Climate Fund.[33] The Fund has set itself a goal of raising $100 billion a year by 2020.

I get so tired of all the idiots that think global warming is a progressive plot.

Rather, emissions targets for each nation were separately negotiated and are to be voluntarily enforced, leading United States officials to regard the Paris Agreement as an executive agreement rather than a legally binding treaty.

Voluntarily? So why all the liberal tears when we left?

You are still free to drop your CO2 to zero.

The main aim of the Agreement is to hold the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels",
Which is what 3C cooler than present temperatures? That’s 1C below the threshold for extensive continental glaciation in the northern hemisphere. So dumb.

Progressive idiocy.
Then perhaps someone needs to make up their mind. Idiots wouldn't have the intellectual wherewithsl to mount a very successful, worldwide plot that has lasted decades now. Neither, I suppose, would they have the intellectual wherewithal to steal a national election in the face of substantial and heretofore impregnable security measures without leaving one iota of court-worthy evidence. One or the other.

Then perhaps someone needs to make up their mind. Idiots wouldn't have the intellectual wherewithsl to mount a very successful, worldwide plot that has lasted decades now. Neither, I suppose, would they have the intellectual wherewithal to steal a national election in the face of substantial and heretofore impregnable security measures without leaving one iota of court-worthy evidence. One or the other.

Smart people push idiocy on a regular basis.

You and I have very different opinions on what constitutes success. Not sure how you can claim success when worldwide CO2 emissions increase by 1 billion tons per year every year.

Idiots wouldn't have the intellectual wherewithsl to mount a very successful, worldwide plot that has lasted decades now.
I wouldn’t call them idiots. I would say they have been blinded by their bias and emotions.

Rather, emissions targets for each nation were separately negotiated and are to be voluntarily enforced, leading United States officials to regard the Paris Agreement as an executive agreement rather than a legally binding treaty.

Voluntarily? So why all the liberal tears when we left?

You are still free to drop your CO2 to zero.
Each signatory nation can voluntarily enforce targets. Trump chose not to enforce any targets.

This might be more entertaining if you actually gave a fuck about any of this.

An examination of the temperature and CO2 record back to 45 million years indicates that CO2 levels above 400 ppm will not allow the continued existence of the Antarctic ice shelves. The loss of those shelves, even without a catastrophic collapse of the WAIS, will facilitate an enormous movement of land-based glacial ice into the seas raising global sea level by tens of feet.
Good. Destroy the world. I'm sick of it.

An examination of the temperature and CO2 record back to 45 million years indicates that CO2 levels above 400 ppm will not allow the continued existence of the Antarctic ice shelves. The loss of those shelves, even without a catastrophic collapse of the WAIS, will facilitate an enormous movement of land-based glacial ice into the seas raising global sea level by tens of feet.
No one has records from 45 million years ago you idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back