‘Hillbilly Brigade’ Takes Matters Into Their Own Hands Amid Ore. Wildfires

Obiwan

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2015
Indiana
The homeowners in Oregon are doing what the state refuses to do,,,,

A group of Oregon citizens took matters into their own hands this week to protect their homes and livelihoods from raging wildfires. Over the past few days, the group called the “Hillbilly Brigade” took to the forests near the city of Molalla, Oregon to clean up fallen trees and implement other fire prevention measures.

“We are building fire lines, putting out the fires so they don’t crawl back up this way,” explained member Nicole West.

According to the volunteers, Oregon’s Democrat leaders have failed to protect citizens from the wildfire threat.

“So everybody stayed up here, even though the sheriffs and everyone told us we needed to evacuate,” stated West. “We all stayed, worked and fought the fire.

The “Hillbilly Brigade” has said their actions show the wildfires could have been prevented if the state government wanted to.

A group of Oregon citizens took matters into their own hands this week to protect their homes and livelihoods from raging wildfires. Over the past few days, the group called the “Hillbilly Brigade” took to the forests near the city of Molalla, Oregon to clean up fallen trees and implement other fire prevention measures.

“We are building fire lines, putting out the fires so they don’t crawl back up this way,” explained member Nicole West.

According to the volunteers, Oregon’s Democrat leaders have failed to protect citizens from the wildfire threat.

“So everybody stayed up here, even though the sheriffs and everyone told us we needed to evacuate,” stated West. “We all stayed, worked and fought the fire.

The “Hillbilly Brigade” has said their actions show the wildfires could have been prevented if the state government wanted to.
Nice story OAN copied from Reuters ( as they posted first) and now copied across various outlets. I wonder why volunteer people defending their state against wild fire would be characterized by the normally derogatory label "Hillbillies"? Sounds like fine community minded citizens to me.

Nice story OAN copied from Reuters ( as they posted first) and now copied across various outlets. I wonder why volunteer people defending their state against wild fire would be characterized by the normally derogatory label "Hillbillies"? Sounds like fine community minded citizens to me.
I'm under the impression that the group adopted the name themselves....

But I agree that they have their shit together....

And we need to see more of that!!!!

Molalla is a semi rural community not that far from where I live. I think the nickname is self designated and
meant to be ironic and humorous.
In any event they are proactive and not waiting for the dysfunctional state to save them.

Forum List

Back