Hillary: I haven’t driven a car in 18 years

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
good grief, and they want this woman to be President...and they bring up Palin and what magazines she supposedly didn't read for why she wouldn't of made a good President...
links and video at site

SNIP:

posted at 2:41 pm on January 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

Less unusual than you think, depending upon where you’re from. My uncle, a lifelong New Yorker, has driven twice in his life, I believe. But Hillary’s not a lifelong New Yorker, and Hillary ain’t taking the bus in lieu of taking the wheel.

It’s odd that a would-be president would mention her nearly 20-year run of being chauffeured around wherever she goes, especially in scripted remarks, but maybe this is what happens when a national candidate starts to think of him- or herself as a sure thing. Why not hand the GOP an easy “supermarket scanner” moment to show she’s out of touch? What are they going to do with it? The scanner thing stuck against Bush 41 (unfairly, as it was based on bad reporting) because it fit the media narrative of an older country-club patrician president not understanding America’s problems the way a younger man from Arkansas who didn’t come from money could.

all of it here
Hillary: I haven?t driven a car in 18 years « Hot Air

this pretty much applies to all Democrat/progressive politicians

Is that the same thing Bill says about Hilliary! :eusa_angel:

good grief, and they want this woman to be President...and they bring up Palin and what magazines she supposedly didn't read for why she wouldn't of made a good President...
links and video at site

SNIP:

posted at 2:41 pm on January 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

Less unusual than you think, depending upon where you’re from. My uncle, a lifelong New Yorker, has driven twice in his life, I believe. But Hillary’s not a lifelong New Yorker, and Hillary ain’t taking the bus in lieu of taking the wheel.

It’s odd that a would-be president would mention her nearly 20-year run of being chauffeured around wherever she goes, especially in scripted remarks, but maybe this is what happens when a national candidate starts to think of him- or herself as a sure thing. Why not hand the GOP an easy “supermarket scanner” moment to show she’s out of touch? What are they going to do with it? The scanner thing stuck against Bush 41 (unfairly, as it was based on bad reporting) because it fit the media narrative of an older country-club patrician president not understanding America’s problems the way a younger man from Arkansas who didn’t come from money could.

all of it here
Hillary: I haven?t driven a car in 18 years « Hot Air

"The last time I actually drove a car myself was 1996," Clinton said Monday in remarks to the National Automobile Dealers Association in New Orleans. "I remember it very well. Unfortunately, so does the Secret Service, which is why I haven't driven since then."

Hillary Clinton hasn't driven a car since 1996

Using the Secret Service as an excuse is far-fetched. If we look at past Presidents, like G.W.Bush, he was driving pickup trucks on his ranch while he was President. Did he not have secret service? How can you not drive for 18 years?

"The last time I actually drove a car myself was 1996," Clinton said Monday in remarks to the National Automobile Dealers Association in New Orleans. "I remember it very well. Unfortunately, so does the Secret Service, which is why I haven't driven since then."

Using the Secret Service as an excuse is far-fetched. If we look at past Presidents, like G.W.Bush, he was driving pickup trucks on his ranch while he was President. Did he not have secret service? How can you not drive for 18 years?

it is hard to understand...unless you have servants.
Not having the need to drive in 18 years, also means you have virtually everything taken care of for you. No trips to the grocery store, don't drive yourself to the doctor, movies, dinner out - etc. etc. etc.

Nonsense.

She walks everywhere to demonstrate her dedication to the prevention of Global Warming.

Flies by flapping her arms, too. That's also to save the planet and explains why all that extra skin that flops around when not in full flight.

How many First Ladies or former First Ladies drive themselves?

It is not being elitist, it is being sensible. Security is always a concern and she still has Secret Service protection

Why, exactly, is this an issue?

Because the POTUS is supposed to be "of the people". She is just the latest in a long line of politicians who have shown their disdain for the common folk. Does the phrase "let them eat cake" ring a bell.

It is the same lack of care, and lack of awareness that afflicted the French nobility before their revolution. A thinking person would be considering these factors before electing the next POTUS, don't you think? Or is it OK for the politicians to be so far removed from reality in your world?

It is not being elitist, it is being sensible. Security is always a concern and she still has Secret Service protection

Yeah right. For 18 years? Get real.

Since when is one less woman driver a bad thing?

And of course driving is not a skill that relates to being President at all. She could be a NASCAR driver on the side and I wouldn't vote for her.

it is hard to understand...unless you have servants.
Not having the need to drive in 18 years, also means you have virtually everything taken care of for you. No trips to the grocery store, don't drive yourself to the doctor, movies, dinner out - etc. etc. etc.
I realize that her driving needs were taken care of. However, many who live a lavish lifestyle still maintain their driving skills. It's only normal to want to retain a driver's license, and ability to drive regardless how lavish the lifestyle may be.

Why would she drive herself?

I have never seen a First Lady or former First Lady behind the wheel

I'm sure you can find me numerous pictures.
How about a former President driving himself?

Cue Palin posting facebook pick of herself driving a truck. You rubes will eat it up.

Why would she drive herself?

I have never seen a First Lady or former First Lady behind the wheel

I'm sure you can find me numerous pictures.
How about a former President driving himself?

Yeah, I seem to remember pictures Nancy driving around in a big Buick with her head just above the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back