Hillary Clinton and the New Doctor Who

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town

Maybe misogyny is more of a factor that we let on.

Often when having discussions with people about how badly we've messed up letting Donald Trump steal the presidency, i often get the argument 'Well, Hillary Clinton would have been worse'. These argument are often punctuated by the word "bitch" and another word we can't use here (it rhymes with "hunt").

And yes, sometimes I see women using these same words... which doesn't make it any less misogynistic.

I've always been reluctant to blame misogyny for things, but then I saw the reaction of some fans to the news that the next actor to play Doctor Who is going to be a woman.

And people are just going absolutely nuts. Yes, we will totally accept the concept of a guy who can change his appearance travelling around in a magic phone box through time and space, but you turn him into a woman and that's too much.

Now she might might not be good in the role. It's a tough character to pull off, and of the 12 performers who portrayed the character, I think only about half of them have done it really well. I also think that maybe after 54 years, the show might just be out of fresh ideas.

But damn, the angry reaction was something to behold. But nothing compared to the angry reaction of half of America, I guess, putting a crazy person in the White House because they couldn't stand the thought of a woman president.

Well, in that case, how about Rosanne Barr as the next James Bond?

What the hell. It's only fair.

Often when having discussions with people about how badly we've messed up letting Donald Trump steal the presidency, i often get the argument 'Well, Hillary Clinton would have been worse'. These argument are often punctuated by the word "bitch" and another word we can't use here (it rhymes with "hunt").

And yes, sometimes I see women using these same words... which doesn't make it any less misogynistic.

I've always been reluctant to blame misogyny for things, but then I saw the reaction of some fans to the news that the next actor to play Doctor Who is going to be a woman.

And people are just going absolutely nuts. Yes, we will totally accept the concept of a guy who can change his appearance travelling around in a magic phone box through time and space, but you turn him into a woman and that's too much.

Now she might might not be good in the role. It's a tough character to pull off, and of the 12 performers who portrayed the character, I think only about half of them have done it really well. I also think that maybe after 54 years, the show might just be out of fresh ideas.

But damn, the angry reaction was something to behold. But nothing compared to the angry reaction of half of America, I guess, putting a crazy person in the White House because they couldn't stand the thought of a woman president.

Since you and your ilk treated Sara Palin and her whole family with respect I can see your point.

Hillary was treated the way she was because she is Hillary. She was treated as would any man who did and said the stupid sh.t she said and did. It is actually the critics of Hillary that treat her more equally then do those who "support" her and ignore her stupid sh.t.

It's misogynistic to assume that women aren't capable of creating their own, new, original, compelling characters.

Or minorities either, for that matter.

But that's our Regressives, that's how they think. Condescension, elitism and narcissism, they just can't help it.

How exactly did Trump "steal" the election? The man is good but he forced voters in 30 states to elect him? How telepathy? lol

Since you and your ilk treated Sara Palin and her whole family with respect I can see your point.

She was treated with more respect than she deserved. The real problem with Palin was that she had an awesome resume and completely flubbed the interview.

Hillary was treated the way she was because she is Hillary. She was treated as would any man who did and said the stupid sh.t she said and did. It is actually the critics of Hillary that treat her more equally then do those who "support" her and ignore her stupid sh.t.

I'm sorry, how many male politicians have been subjected to 25 years of baseless accusations and investigations? I honestly can't think of a one.

The thing is, you guys have spent tens of millions of dollars investigating Mrs. Clinton, and the worst thing you could come up with was that she didn't use emails properly.

The history of clinton corruption could fill a library. If clinton hadn't been so corrupt, she'd be president today.

I couldn't get past the part that read "Donald Trump stole the presidency"

It's too early in the morning for this kind of nonsense and I haven't had any coffee yet.

A woman as Doctor Who? Well that will destroy the franchise. I'm not a Who fan, but it follows right in line with forcefully imposing diversity on already known and loved characters. It destroys the characters. Batman is not gay. Thor is not a woman and the brother in Fantastic Four is not black. This is why the new alliterations fail.

Use some imagination. Invent a new character with her own powers and personality.

It's misogynistic to assume that women aren't capable of creating their own, new, original, compelling characters.

Or minorities either, for that matter.

But that's our Regressives, that's how they think. Condescension, elitism and narcissism, they just can't help it.

Nobody creates new characters anymore, buddy. Everything you see out now is an adaptation of an earlier movie, TV show, video game or comic book. It's economic. Do you produce a new character that has no fan base, or do you use an existing character you know people will come out to see? I thought you were like a financial genius or something.

But it's hilarious to watch the White Male Privilege Crowd scream "Oh my god, Doctor Who can't be a woman!" or "Oh my God, the Human Torch Can't be black!!!"

This is where I remind the left that in 2008 they used blatant sexist double standards to defeat Hillary in the Dem primary. It was so bad that SNL routinely mocked it.

Clinton won 20 states.
Trump won 30 states.

Yeah, Trump stole the presidency.

I couldn't get past the part that read "Donald Trump stole the presidency"

It's too early in the morning for this kind of nonsense and I haven't had any coffee yet.

Intolerant elitist liberals can't handle rejection by the American people. They lose the election and suddenly the EC is racist, voters in 30 states who elected Trump are morons, Trump stole it, Russia, Comey. It must be something other than they were wrong on the issues.

She was treated with more respect than she deserved. The real problem with Palin was that she had an awesome resume and completely flubbed the interview.

I'm sorry, how many male politicians have been subjected to 25 years of baseless accusations and investigations? I honestly can't think of a one.

The thing is, you guys have spent tens of millions of dollars investigating Mrs. Clinton, and the worst thing you could come up with was that she didn't use emails properly.

Ironical ain't it?
Your misogyny is ok you just don't like it when others do it. Too damned funny. What a hypocrite you are.

Last edited:

I might agree with you about Sarah Palin being her own worst enemy.

But then all you democrat ghouls/vultures/pricks/jerks attacked her children, revealing your true despicable lack of decency.

Forum List

Back