Hillary Attempts to Co-Opt JFK

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Hillary is making a play to seize the JFK comparisons from Obama.

JFK - First Catholic President

Obama - Potential First Black President

Or

Hillary - First Woman President

Funny enough, I read a comment recently to the effect that, if Bill was the First Black President, then Edwards would be the First Woman President if he won.

I'm waiting for Hillary to declare that she is also Black.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton invoked the campaign of the nation's lone Catholic president, John Kennedy, last night as she talked about her challenge in becoming the first female commander-in-chief.

"He was smart, he was dynamic, he was inspiring and he was Catholic. A lot of people back then [1960] said, 'America will never elect a Catholic as president,' " the White House hopeful told the New Hampshire Democrats' 100 Club fund-raiser here.

"But those who gathered here almost a half century ago knew better," she said. "They believed America was bigger than that and Americans would give Sen. John F. Kennedy a fair shake, and the rest, as they say, is history."

Noting women are "the majority" of voters and are in the workforce in "record numbers," she added, "So when people tell me 'a woman can never be president,' I say, we'll never know unless we try." ...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0311200...alnews_maggie_haberman_post_correspondent.htm

Forum List

Back