Hill sprints ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
When I was in my best shape at age 30 ..I used to go to this giant hill on Sunday’s and do sprints up and down until I collapse
I need to find one in Vegas
I think this is the best way to get into good shape in a short time
It totally blasts your body . Lungs and muscles

When I was in my best shape at age 30 ..I used to go to this giant hill on Sunday’s and do sprints up and down until I collapse

Run up and down stairs in a building. Phoenix is flatter than a ten-year old girl.

I don't think I have run more than 50 yards since they quit paying me to run, and I'm doing just fine.

I guess I agree with you on something. Wind sprints a great full body exercise. If you don't have a lot of time for physical training, wind sprints are a very efficient way to use that time.

Just be careful about where and when you sprint. I have been pursued by the police for running down the street because booking down the street in full stride for no obviously apparent reason looks really suspicious even if you're not going over the posted speed limit.

So usually I do my sprints at night on an empty football field to make it obvious that I'm just exercising and not a fleeing felon.

Used to do those for rugby practice.

I hate them.

I guess I agree with you on something. Wind sprints a great full body exercise. If you don't have a lot of time for physical training, wind sprints are a very efficient way to use that time.

Just be careful about where and when you sprint. I have been pursued by the police for running down the street because booking down the street in full stride for no obviously apparent reason looks really suspicious even if you're not going over the posted speed limit.

So usually I do my sprints at night on an empty football field to make it obvious that I'm just exercising and not a fleeing felon.
I need something that I can finish in under 20 min
I utterly hate jogging

I need something that I can finish in under 20 min
I utterly hate jogging
unlike running or walking, jogging is a high impact activity. It's gait that you naturally use for a few steps when you transition from running to walking in order to deaccelerate.

Jogging for exercise is akin to driving a car with one foot flooring the accelerator pedal while simultaneously stomping on the brake with your other foot. It causes a lot of wear and tear on the machine.

I was a runner for 35 years, then had to stop for a month or six weeks due to having my arm in a cast. Never went back to it.

During my forced break, I regained my respect for "HIIT" ("High-Intensity Interval Training") after reading a lot of material on cardiovascular training. Indeed, even the Father of Aerobic Training - Dr. Ken Cooper - pretty much veered away from the traditional "aerobic training" and began recommending HIIT in the latter part of his career.

While I had few lower body issues while I was running, I began feeling the results of the pounding in recent years, and even a short jog now results in a good bit of pain for a day or so.

So I switched from running to interval training on my (club quality) stationary bike. I do a 21-minute workout, comprised of fifteen 80 second segments, with a high-intensity push alternating with a low-intensity break. My "sprints" are at 100rpm, and a starting level that gets my heart pumpting. Each subsequent interval is at a slightly higher level, so that I have a devil of a time completing that last interval.

From all indications I am in very good condition, heart & lung wise.

Other stuff: long bike rides, weight training, intense, 60-minute hikes. Golf & bowling.

I hate them.

Brutal on the knees.

I hate them.

Brutal on the knees.
Yup, had my third knee surgery in 2015, at 47 years old.

Forum List

Back