Highland Park Shooter in Custody

You're the one who claimed he was using a bump stock. A quick search shows that the first two mentions in this thread of a bump stock were yours.

You only backed off from harping on the bump stock when it became clearer that there was no bump stock.

Because it's besides the point, isn't it? Frankly, I'd like to know how he fired so many shots so quickly. Did he modify the weapon (which is much to easy to do), or use a bump stock or maybe pulled the trigger really fast.

The point is- a mentally unstable person was able to buy a military's grade weapon and kill or injure a bunch of people.

Of course, we may not get all the details for months because the Highland Park PD is in full Cover Your Ass mode for getting this one so terribly wrong.

Because it's besides the point, isn't it? Frankly, I'd like to know how he fired so many shots so quickly. Did he modify the weapon (which is much to easy to do), or use a bump stock or maybe pulled the trigger really fast.
Uh, this guy unloaded sixty rounds in a few minutes... so, no.

Sixty shots in a minute would be one shot per second. Do you really doubt that anyone can pull the trigger that fast? Sixty shots in a few minutes means that it was taking him an average of a few seconds to fire each shot. You don't even need a semiauto to go that fast.

Sixty shots in a minute would be one shot per second. Do you really doubt that anyone can pull the trigger that fast? Sixty shots in a few minutes means that it was taking him an average of a few seconds to fire each shot. You don't even need a semiauto to go that fast.

I guess I'm used to "bothering to aim" and stuff like that, but it's been about 30 years since I've handled a gun.

Again, it will be nice to see what he did to this weapon, but HPPD is more interested in protecting itself from liability than sharing info at this point.

They appear to have arrested the dumbass.

Local radio hosts here in Chicago going over the police information on the shooters family...at least 21 police call outs........domestic abuse and other issues.....

The discussion of the shooter and his broken home life starts at the 38 minute mark on the video...

Local radio hosts here in Chicago going over the police information on the shooters family...at least 21 police call outs........domestic abuse and other issues.....

The discussion of the shooter and his broken home life starts at the 38 minute mark on the video...

Wasn't this the same Amy Jacobson who showed up at a suspected wife-killer's house in a bikini?

1657328911943.png

Why are we taking her seriously about anything?

I wish patience and willpower to people who lost their lives and loved ones. I don't understand, I can't understand the reason or the feeling that can really tear tens of different people out of life.

When will we stop showing that fighting, conflict, killing as if it is masculinity, skill - intelligence - as if it's something that requires experience, in movies and stories around the world? A chimpanzee, a dog, a bacteria - virus, a bear, even a snake can kill a living thing, a human. But only doctors can heal and save the wounded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back