Highland Park Shooter in Custody

True, but even shots fired near the shooter could give him pause, reducing the casualties.
Maybe, maybe not. I have friends that have held down multiple companies, fighting from spieder holes in elevated terrain. Why do you think the "high ground" is often selected as key terrain? Remember, along a parade route, on the street, you don't even have cars to hide behind to return fire and if you stand gun elevated to return fire from the opposite side of the street and two stories below with your hand gun, you are in sharp contrast to those ducking and running for cover. Decided tactical advantage to a rooftop sniper.

Maybe, maybe not. I have friends that have held down multiple companies, fighting from spieder holes in elevated terrain. Why do you think the "high ground" is often selected as key terrain? Remember, along a parade route, on the street, you don't even have cars to hide behind to return fire and if you stand gun elevated to return fire from the opposite side of the street and two stories below with your hand gun, you are in sharp contrast to those ducking and running for cover. Decided tactical advantage to a rooftop sniper.
Never said stand in the middle of the street. Just saying even rudimentary suppression fire could have altered the situation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Never said stand in the middle of the street. Just saying even rudimentary suppression fire could have altered the situation. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you are at an event like a parade with a rooftop shooter and are armed and permitted, run, and get your family the hell out, and to cover. There is little margin for firing on the short halt at a rooftop, while you and your family are under the gun of a rooftop sniper. That is all I am saying. Even in TN trained permit holders are a decided minority, especially at a parade and average handgun shooters do not even spend much time training beyond 30 meters. Run. Run fast, dodge and dip, finding cover, not concealment, and do it immediately, until there is a building between you and the shooter.

The shooter's mother is into some weird shit. The whole thing reeks of some weird satanism or something. She's on a Twitter page and is into some New Age stuff called "angelic coaching."

The shooter's mother's banner pic. pic.twitter.com/L2fd7RVif4
— Rosie's Snake Oil (@DarnelSugarfoo) July 5, 2022

No idea what "angelic coaching" is, but it has nothing to do with God or Christianity.

Angelic Coaching

If you are at an event like a parade with a rooftop shooter and are armed and permitted, run, and get your family the hell out, and to cover. There is little margin for firing on the short halt at a rooftop, while you and your family are under the gun of a rooftop sniper. That is all I am saying. Even in TN trained permit holders are a decided minority, especially at a parade and average handgun shooters do not even spend much time training beyond 30 meters. Run. Run fast, dodge and dip, finding cover, not concealment, and do it immediately, until there is a building between you and the shooter.
I get that, I simply didn't explain it well. Find cover, assess the situation, act accordingly if possible. I'm not talking about folks pulling some Rambo nonsense. Just saying that there could have been opportunities, not even that there actually were given the short time frame. More about situational awareness than any real action. I certainly don't support recklessness or further endangering people.

The shooter's mother is into some weird shit. The whole thing reeks of some weird satanism or something. She's on a Twitter page and is into some New Age stuff called "angelic coaching."

No idea what "angelic coaching" is, but it has nothing to do with God or Christianity.

Angelic Coaching

I don't see anything satanic.

That seems crazy to me. If it is an issue with over medicating our youth but we spend our time trying to blame other things...this is going to be an ongoing issue. That's awful. Can we agree on that? I've done a little research into the whole mass shooter thing and most of them seem to have mental issues that were at some point being treated with drugs. If we're giving young kids drugs because they don't pay attention as much as they should in class but there is a chance they become dangerous later on...call me nuts but I think we should let the kid look out the window in class.
Overmedication probably enables it but the trigger, in my opinion, is that children today, black, white, brown, or any other, are told that they're worthless.

Yea, I see and get the commercial about the car buying and the kindergarten teacher says everybody's wonderful - because that's what kindergarten and other teachers do. But none of them mean it.

They teach white kids that they're evil and that their families are evil and that their parents are evil and everything they have, everything they love is evil and that they're evil for loving them. White people are all racist and nothing can change that; they're white. So white kids get out of that either a defensive, I hate everyone, attitude because they don't think they're evil but they have been taught that the entire world hates them for being white. Or, on the other side, the white kids do believe that they're evil. Their self-esteem and desire to live goes way down. Their only saving grace might be to take a bunch of white people with them.

Black kids are taught that white people hate them and have been intentionally and explicitly trying to annihilate them and everyone of their race. White people are evil. And they're taught that black people, on the other hand, are so downtrodden that they cannot accomplish anything. The power of white racism will keep them from ever succeeding without the help of the Democratic Party and the Government. To vote other than for the Democrats would end the government help and their lives would be worse than it is today.

In reality, it's amazing that there are as few mass killings from both white kids and black kids as there are. The Democrats teach hate and push hate and division, knowing that the hate and division opens the opportunity for them to come in as the saviors. They can never actually solve any problems because they would lose their power, and they don't solve a thing, we know that.

Yeah, I know I said "in my opinion" but really, and you all know it, it's fact. This is 100% the trigger teaching that causes minds full of mush (to quote the great Rush Limbaugh) and weakened with medications known to cause suicidal tendencies, to go off the deep end.

What difference does it make unless you are agenda pushing.
I'd like to know, too. The police spokesperson said bodies were blown apart... It's almost like he used a 9mm and lungs were blown out of the body or something.

What the gun was or wasn't, how he got it, those are all key parts of the story. I think (don't mean to prejudge) that your concern would be that if it's an AR the left will go off the deep end and you're probably right, but I'd like to know the details anyway - and then just want the left to not be stupid and to use the data constructively rather than creating panic... But they're leftists; they're going off the deep end no matter what happens.

After the Uvalde shooting, Biden went on a rant about ghost guns and how we need to ban them - even though none of the recent shootings, if any ever of the widely publicized shootings were done with ghost guns. If the gun was a Marlin Model 60, the outcry will be that it was a high-powered rifle and AR-15s need to be banned.

Heh. This is going to be hush-hush information soon.

Naw, you guys will flood the thread with photoshops trying to make him a member of Antifa, BLM or whoever else scares you at night.

Funny thing, as soon as I saw the picture of this creature, and realized that it was near Shitcago that this happened, I wondered if anyone had seen or heard from Joe since it happened.

I guess it wasn't him, but given Joe's demonstrated character, given that it claims to live in Shitcago, and given how the suspect appears, you have to admit that it all kind of fits, doesn't it?

Mormon Bob, still sexually fantasizing about me...

You pinned a picture of this kid to you wall and started fondling your magic underwear, didn't you.

I'd like to know, too. The police spokesperson said bodies were blown apart... It's almost like he used a 9mm and lungs were blown out of the body or something.

What the gun was or wasn't, how he got it, those are all key parts of the story. I think (don't mean to prejudge) that your concern would be that if it's an AR the left will go off the deep end and you're probably right, but I'd like to know the details anyway - and then just want the left to not be stupid and to use the data constructively rather than creating panic... But they're leftists; they're going off the deep end no matter what happens.

After the Uvalde shooting, Biden went on a rant about ghost guns and how we need to ban them - even though none of the recent shootings, if any ever of the widely publicized shootings were done with ghost guns. If the gun was a Marlin Model 60, the outcry will be that it was a high-powered rifle and AR-15s need to be banned.

First you can tell just by listening to the videos it was an assault rifle with a bump stock or some other kind of modificaiton to fire full auto.

Frankly, let's go all out. Let's put the autopsy photos on TV. Let's show the video of people being hit and bleeding in the streets. Then all you fucking gun nuts can come back and talk about the Founding Fathers and how this is what they wanted.

Hmm... this guy is neither liberal nor conservative. A real anarchist.

The problem is people always trying to put the mentally ill into their neat little boxes to try and get a political advantage.

To me that in itself shows a mental illness.

No, the problem is, this guy, who is pretty seriously disturbed, was still able to walk in to a gun store, buy a gun, and shoot a bunch of people.

That's the problem.

What are we going to do about that problem?

Is it me...or is there something going on with these screwed up kids who start shooting people for no reason at all? Is it years of them being fed drugs for things like ADD? I just don't remember things like this being commonplace years ago and we had lots of weapons back then. Does anyone have any idea if there is a connection between "disturbed" young shooters and psycho tropic drugs?

Except we didn't have a lot of weapons "back then".

Up until 2010, we had fairly sensible gun laws until SCOTUS scrapped them all with Heller and McDonald.

The number of mass shooting DROPPED during the time the Assault Weapons ban was in place.

1657013115953.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back