High Suicide Rate for White Males

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Surprised?

Make a race illegal, and this is what you get.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 18 (UPI) -- Older white males have the highest suicide rate in the United States, said the Population Reference Bureau in Washington.

Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States with 11 suicide deaths per 100,000 Americans.

For white males over the age of 65, the rate is almost triple that figure.

White males are more than eight times as likely to kill themselves as women of the same age and the risk increases as they get older, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Suicide experts are unable to pinpoint an exact cause for the higher rate but some believe white males lack the resilience and coping mechanisms that women and other ethnic groups have.

They also point to the fact that males are socialized to be in control and are less apt to seek help for depression which leads to suicide.

I expect that our racial advocates in the Congress and the media will take note of this and demand change. Oh, wait. We don't HAVE any advocates because that would be "racist." Kinda makes you want to kill yourself, huh white man?

Surprised?

WASHINGTON, Aug. 18 (UPI) -- Older white males have the highest suicide rate in the United States, said the Population Reference Bureau in Washington.

Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States with 11 suicide deaths per 100,000 Americans.

White males are more than eight times as likely to kill themselves as women of the same age and the risk increases as they get older, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Suicide experts are unable to pinpoint an exact cause for the higher rate but some believe white males lack the resilience and coping mechanisms that women and other ethnic groups have.

They also point to the fact that males are socialized to be in control and are less apt to seek help for depression which leads to suicide.

I expect that our racial advocates in the Congress and the media will take note of this and demand change. Oh, wait. We don't HAVE any advocates because that would be "racist." Kinda makes you want to kill yourself, huh white man?
Killing yourself because you feel you're oppressed in this country is absurd, regardless of what your race is. I say good riddance to those who take the easy way out; look at some other countries in the world and understand what oppressed really means...

Surprised?

LMAO. When I saw the thread title I was wondering how you were going to make it a racial issue.

Problem with your idea is, nothing in the original post supports your statement.

Using your logic, if Republicans are more likely to kill themselves than Democrats, is it because Democrats exist that they do so?

NOTHING makes me want to kill myself. Suicide is copping out, plain and simple. It is the ultimate act of selfishness.

Perhaps suicidal tendencies are just a genetic quirk of the white race, not unlike the jewish dispensation for banking, or the negro's love of sports, or the china-man's insatiable lust for rice!

Male suicide rates are generally higher than women, regardless of race, culture etc. Some races have predominently higher rates overall, but still have a higher male suicide rates. However, I do find it hard to believe that white males are killing themselves more than native males.

Perhaps suicidal tendencies are just a genetic quirk of the white race, not unlike the jewish dispensation for banking, or the negro's love of sports, or the china-man's insatiable lust for rice!

Yeah, guess its just a genetic trait!

LMFAO! The White race(as if there is such a thing) is illegal! Lol.

Male suicide rates are generally higher than women, regardless of race, culture etc. Some races have predominently higher rates overall, but still have a higher male suicide rates. However, I do find it hard to believe that white males are killing themselves more than native males.

'Native males'? White males, being a majority race, dominate gender, tend, even with the 'losers' which suicide wannabees would qualify, are able to get the means to carry out. Thus, are more successful.

'Native males'? White males, being a majority race, dominate gender, tend, even with the 'losers' which suicide wannabees would qualify, are able to get the means to carry out. Thus, are more successful.

Native American males. I guess there can all sorts of natives. :huh:

And yes, the rate per total population would be higher for white males given they are the dominent race. If you seperate native and non-native populations you would probably find that the rate of suicide is higher amoung native males - hence my unclarified remark.

Forum List

Back