High school basketball team is stripped of title after tortillas were thrown at opposing Latino players

That will probably make an impression on them, whether or not it changes behaviors, hearts or minds remains to be seen I suppose.
This is exactly the thing that I always, always wonder about on the race issue: What is the actual goal of behaviors and actions that we see? Is it just to punish, or intimidate, or attack?

Most of what we do certainly doesn't seem to have the goal of changing hearts & minds, or actually healing our racial issues. If ever.
I believe the actual goal is to make as clear as possible why certain behavior is wrong and shouldn't be engaged in, in the hope that the understanding will cause as I previously stated, a change in minds, hearts and eventually behaviors.

The challenge from my observations of human behavior are
  1. there are some people who refuse to believe they are not perfect individuals nor that there is room for improvement when it comes to their behaviors
  2. there are also people who don't care that they are wrong or that the behavior they engage in is not socially acceptable and will never accept someone trying to correct them, even when said behavior is unlawful or actionable
  3. some people just hate and will not accept anyone attempting to tell them what to do
  4. while others seems to engage in offensive behavior and speech just to offend others and will never change and lastly
  5. white supremacists are not interested by their very nature in changing because they believe it's their right and responsibility to engage in the violent behavior in order to protect the majority existence of the white race
Humans will often feel as if they are being intimidated, punished or attacked when they are chastised (or worse) for engaging in behavior that they've always engaged in and others supported. Think of the #MeToo movement. The reason that so many men were freaking out about all the fallout of the movement is because behaviors that a lot, if not most of them had probably engaged in was suddenly seen everywhere by everyone as wrong. The behaviors have always been wrong however they were pretty much accepted as in "everybody does it" and then suddenly they both wrong, unacceptable and "against the law".

What happened to "giving people some shit"?

Are we really so fucking pussified that even kids giving other kids crap is outlawed?

Christ almighty, this society is turning out to be a bunch of weak willed panises. No wonder were going to shit.

Libbies are so very tender
Absolute milquetoast.
See if someone threw saltines my way I would not seek to go to pieces nor even have a need to.
These emotetards are extremely fragile about their persona so if someone says something they choose to absorb that as true and then go to pieces. Me, I don’t intake any label anyone tries to put on me becauseI have the strength of my good acts which inspires confidence. I don’t need low life’s eliminated to avoid targeting my feelings; I just move along having ignored them.

Are we really so fucking pussified that even kids giving other kids crap is outlawed?

Christ almighty, this society is turning out to be a bunch of weak willed panises. No wonder were going to shit.
The only way someone can make you “feel bad” is by you choosing to believe them
When you are weak and governed by emotion, that is what you will choose to do.

It's all about the cruelty to rightwing thugs.

No response is better than words put together with no meaning and that don’t relate to each other.

Last edited:

We understand how cruel it would be to you if you were struck by a tortilla. We don’t acquiesce to it though.
It is pitiful indeed to be so physically emotionally and psychologically frail that you have to rant on about this.
We the thinkers who made and keep this country great will not allow your puss wad sentiments to become paramount in this Nation.

I can tell you have lived your life in fear of minorities......secretly knowing you don't quite meet human standards? Well, you and most of your ilk won't be around much longer

And it must be true too. I've been hearing about it for 35 years now. :eusa_shhh:

Good...and the coach was fired.

This from a member of a party that always said you can't stereotype an entire X by the actions of a few. Did every member of the team participate in this activity to also be stripped of their glory?

That will probably make an impression on them, whether or not it changes behaviors, hearts or minds remains to be seen I suppose.
This is exactly the thing that I always, always wonder about on the race issue: What is the actual goal of behaviors and actions that we see? Is it just to punish, or intimidate, or attack?

Most of what we do certainly doesn't seem to have the goal of changing hearts & minds, or actually healing our racial issues. If ever.
I believe the actual goal is to make as clear as possible why certain behavior is wrong and shouldn't be engaged in, in the hope that the understanding will cause as I previously stated, a change in minds, hearts and eventually behaviors.

The challenge from my observations of human behavior are
  1. there are some people who refuse to believe they are not perfect individuals nor that there is room for improvement when it comes to their behaviors
  2. there are also people who don't care that they are wrong or that the behavior they engage in is not socially acceptable and will never accept someone trying to correct them, even when said behavior is unlawful or actionable
  3. some people just hate and will not accept anyone attempting to tell them what to do
  4. while others seems to engage in offensive behavior and speech just to offend others and will never change and lastly
  5. white supremacists are not interested by their very nature in changing because they believe it's their right and responsibility to engage in the violent behavior in order to protect the majority existence of the white race
Humans will often feel as if they are being intimidated, punished or attacked when they are chastised (or worse) for engaging in behavior that they've always engaged in and others supported. Think of the #MeToo movement. The reason that so many men were freaking out about all the fallout of the movement is because behaviors that a lot, if not most of them had probably engaged in was suddenly seen everywhere by everyone as wrong. The behaviors have always been wrong however they were pretty much accepted as in "everybody does it" and then suddenly they both wrong, unacceptable and "against the law".
First, looking at 1-5 from a big-picture perspective, we have created and maintained a culture that makes all of that acceptable, or even somehow positive. To me, this would be a function of the tribalism into which we have fallen. And I don't want to just use the term "tribalism" lightly - it's a powerful motivating factor. When we are congratulated and celebrated for throwing mud and ignoring the perspectives of others, it just compounds on itself.

Second, my little brain may just be operating on a separate frequency, but for the life of me I don't see how the behaviors of tribalism (binary thinking, attacking, insulting, distorting) lead to, as you say, "understanding that causes a change in minds, hearts, and eventually behaviors". To me, all that does is make the other person more defensive and more likely to reciprocate in kind. And again, it all just compounds on itself. And here we are.

This may be another "separate frequency" thing, but when I see a problem, I want to fix it. That may involve deploying my own strategy, it may involve deploying someone else's strategy, or (best of all), it may involve collaborating and creating a NEW strategy. My ego doesn't require me to do it "my" way. I don't see any of this happening right now, period. And it may just be a coincidence, but I don't see our culture and society improving, either.

Their feelings got hurt.

"A high school basketball team in Southern California was stripped of its regional title after members of the mostly White team threw tortillas at a predominantly Latino opposing team following a final match two weeks ago, the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) said Wednesday."

that's pretty funny

White progressive women were the most outraged

Forum List

Back