Hicks Equity Partners is Looking to Buy One America News Network

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
I suppose this could go under Media, but when it comes to News, isn't it all political these days?

So, what does one do when the news network that spends the majority of it's air time fawning over you but, once in a while, stops to tell the truth about you? You get some of your buddies to buy a network to compete against your former lover...

WSJ News Exclusive | Trump Allies Explore Buyout of Conservative Channel Seeking to Compete With Fox News

...The investment firm Hicks Equity Partners is looking to acquire the channel and is pitching other wealthy GOP donors to arrange a bid of roughly $250 million for the channel’s parent company, the people said. The firm is owned by the family of Thomas Hicks Jr., co-chairman of the Republican National Committee and a close friend of Donald Trump Jr.

The efforts come as Mr. Trump has periodically rebuked Fox News for being too critical - despite its opinion-show hosts’ general support of his administration - and has praised One America News Network. The channel’s opinion programming is known among its cable-news peers for its praise of Donald Trump and its advocacy for conservative causes...

This part gets me chuckling:

“Over the last 25 years, we have been active media investors. Any interest in OANN is from a purely business standpoint,” said Rick Newman, a partner at Hicks Equity Partners who is leading the deal with family patriarch and Trump donor Thomas Hicks.

Wink wink, nudge nudge sure it is...

I guess Fox just hasn't been cleaning Trump's balls good enough...

I suppose this could go under Media, but when it comes to News, isn't it all political these days?

So, what does one do when the news network that spends the majority of it's air time fawning over you but, once in a while, stops to tell the truth about you? You get some of your buddies to buy a network to compete against your former lover...

WSJ News Exclusive | Trump Allies Explore Buyout of Conservative Channel Seeking to Compete With Fox News

...The investment firm Hicks Equity Partners is looking to acquire the channel and is pitching other wealthy GOP donors to arrange a bid of roughly $250 million for the channel’s parent company, the people said. The firm is owned by the family of Thomas Hicks Jr., co-chairman of the Republican National Committee and a close friend of Donald Trump Jr.

The efforts come as Mr. Trump has periodically rebuked Fox News for being too critical - despite its opinion-show hosts’ general support of his administration - and has praised One America News Network. The channel’s opinion programming is known among its cable-news peers for its praise of Donald Trump and its advocacy for conservative causes...

“Over the last 25 years, we have been active media investors. Any interest in OANN is from a purely business standpoint,” said Rick Newman, a partner at Hicks Equity Partners who is leading the deal with family patriarch and Trump donor Thomas Hicks.

Good luck as a long term investment.

Is this just a way to get around campaign finance rules? Hmmm

Is this just a way to get around campaign finance rules? Hmmm

I suppose it could be, in an extreme way.

Forum List

Back